Low Effort GDT Draft day - 7:00 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Those are the players they can afford in a long run. That's it. I believe they have a projected salary chart, what player will worth after ELC until free agency. Askarov will get 4-5 a year, the same for Quinn. Money talks.
Stutzle and Raymond could explode to Matthew $11.634 million number. Not good for their thrifty books. Why would you draft such players? So, do not be surprise with Melnyk. ((( I am ready for this. Are you all?

i am still not ready for this.. if they draft Quinn and Askarov, I am done. Lol!!! I don’t mind Askarov at 5 because he will be a franchise goalie.. but Quinn maybe around 15-20 but not at 3 please!!!!!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
Tkachuk - Stutzle/Byfield- Raymond
Duclair - Norris/Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris/Brown - White/C. Brown
Balcers/ Abramov - Chlapik/Paul - White/C. Brown

Flip Chuck and Duke make the lines more balanced + better chemistry. But regardless those lines are scary good

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Has Perfetti’s name been linked to the Sens at all? I haven’t noticed it

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
one of byfield/stuzle with 3rd pick... and 5th pick Drysdale ... is my CLEAR CHOICE. would also accept raymond with 5th pick... rossi/perfetti I would be dissapointed if we took either of them 2.

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Watch Dorion use the 28th pick to pick 4th , and Yzerman hoodwinks him into thinking he is drafting Ottawa's guy...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I think the Sens are going to go with either Byfield /Drysdale or Stuzle/Rossi depending on who gets taken at 2OA.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Have a lot of trust in the Sens scouting, but anyone else feeling weirdly nervous about pick 5? After the 4 extra months of reading draft takes I’m really hoping they take a high ceiling forward like Raymond/Rossi/Perfetti

That said, even if they take a guy like Sanderson, I will trust their judgement and hope that he develops into a Hesikanen. Would only really be upset if they grabbed Askarov, I am dead against taking a goalie that early

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I think I need to ready myself for Sanderson at 5, everything to me seems to be pointing in that direction, plenty of subtle hints from a lot of different people, (other than Simmer's crap...lol) JR with the latest. I know that he will be a fantastic player, I just let myself get hyped up for 2 dynamic forwards that we can watch play together with BT for years. Would be a missed opportunity for the Sens IMO.

My perfect draft scenario would be either Byfield/Stutzle at #3, then one of Raymond/Rossi/Drysdale/Holtz/Perfetti at 5 or I even would prefer Askarov or Quinn over Sanderson

Can anyone help change my mind? No need for videos or anything, just opinions. I know that this has already played out in various draft threads, but figured it could avoid a search and create some new dialogue.

Please convince me that Sanderson is the right player at 5.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hm I wonder why, thought he was ranked high enough. Wonder what Dorion sees (or doesn't) in him to make that the case

could also be some gamesmanship from the scouting department not letting interviews with the kid get out there.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
It's Askarov.

Melnyk probably wants a cheap, competitive team. Blueprint is goalie + tight checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad