GDT: Draft Day 2016

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I like a lot of players in this draft. There's a good chance I will be happy with Hollands choice

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
undersized like Mantha and Svechnikov?

Yeah, the Wings have put a huge emphasis on size lately. This team will be big one day. Now if they'll be any good, well, who knows. Ericsson is huge. People love him, right?

Joking aside, it's good to see them put so much emphasis on speed and size. Although it feels a few years late, as the Wings funneled Babcock all kinds of skill players like Hudler, Filppula, and Tatar when all he wanted was big guys who could skate.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Who cares about fabbri when you can have fabbro

Man if only they were in the same draft. The confusion alone would be hysterical

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Top-15:

1. Auston Matthews
2. Patrik Laine
3. Jesse Puljujärvi
4. Pierre-Luc Dubois
5. Matthew Tkachuk
6. Olli Juolevi
7. Jakob Chychrun
8. Mikhail Sergachev
9. Clayton Keller
10. Alexander Nylander
11. Tyson Jost
12. Logan Brown
13. Dante Fabbro
14. Charlie McAvoy
15. Jake Bean

If they're all gone at #16, I would be fine moving down at least 2 spots. There's still Rubtsov, Kunin and McLeod available and IMO they're pretty interchangeable but another team might have a favourite. Don't want Gauthier or any other pure winger.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No like Nyquist, Tatar, Pulkinnen, Glendenning, Miller etc. And whats the point of being built like a tower if you play like a ***** cat? (re Mantha)
Lol what are you even saying? Who would you like to see us pick? If you want size+physicality+skill in a centerman, you don't get much better than Svechnikov at the position we're picking.

I don't know why would bring up Glendening and Miller either who are not drafted by us and not undersized.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's not on CBC by any chance, is it? Guessing online will be the only avenue for coverage, but thought I'd ask.

Oh, the intrigue if Chychrun starts to slide...

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
No like Nyquist, Tatar, Pulkinnen, Glendenning, Miller etc. And whats the point of being built like a tower if you play like a ***** cat? (re Mantha)

So we're going back to 2010 to make our points now?

And Miller and glen weren't drafted.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If all the defensmen are gone that we want then we take a center in Rubtsov or McLeod and call it a day.

If ALL the defenseman we want are gone, then we can probably get someone better than Rube or MM.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
If ALL the defenseman we want are gone, then we can probably get someone better than Rube or MM.
Who? There's a real chance we miss out on the 6 d-men and all better forwards by 1 pick. Of course some team can go off the board before us which is possible.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Who? There's a real chance we miss out on the 6 d-men and all better forwards by 1 pick. Of course some team can go off the board before us which is possible.

If none of the defenseman slotted at our pick are available a better forward than MM or GR fell to us, like Jost :heart:

Not saying it's happening or likely or anything, but that's what it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad