Dougie Hamilton & Michael Frolik Introduced on Friday @ 10am

Aug 21, 2014
I think Seguin is the exception here, rumors of him being a party boy came out before he was dealt. But Hamilton definitely fits in with Kessel and Thornton when it was more based on the Bruins take our offer or we will move you negotiating style.

It's probably true. But oh noes a 20 something partying? If that was the Bruins rationale oh noes. :laugh: Hindsight being, they should have traded Krecji for a stud d-man after his playoff performances.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
When Hamilton won scholastic player of the year he had the following averages: 97% Calculus, 95% Physics and 91% Chemistry.

Me thinks he was a studious homebody who wasn't as interested in playing video games, chasing puck bunnies and who the hell knows what else as the standard junior hockey player.

It stands to reason he would be an outsider to the dumb jock crowd.

Aug 3, 2010
When Hamilton won scholastic player of the year he had the following averages: 97% Calculus, 95% Physics and 91% Chemistry.

Me thinks he was a studious homebody who wasn't as interested in playing video games, chasing puck bunnies and who the hell knows what else as the standard junior hockey player.

It stands to reason he would be an outsider to the dumb jock crowd.

He's the newer, younger Bouwmeester.

6a00d83451b26169e20115707c263d970c-pi

Occasional hockey player and IT Genius Extraordinaire.

Monahan For Mayor*

Hopefully he can't beat Jbows Iron Man streak as well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hamilton probably is the new Jbo, expect he can score.

Top pairing, smooth skating, minute logging dman, that makes a decent first pass... that can score? Sign me up. If we end up getting that out of Hamilton... You can put that up as a win.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm so excited for Hamilton still.. Man I can't wait for the season to start.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm so excited for Hamilton still.. Man I can't wait for the season to start.

Been watching some of his videos. The guy has great burst speed for a big man (actually just in general, big guy aside), and offensive flair.

When he learns to deliver that body into people properly, he's going to be a really feared Dman in this league. Even if he doesn't... He has all the tools to be a #1.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hopefully he can't beat Jbows Iron Man streak as well.

Can't tell if typo or bad grammar, but I would hope Hamilton doesn't chase an Iron Man streak for the sake of an Iron Man streak.

I have not been so excited for a season to start in a long time. :nod:

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Been watching some of his videos. The guy has great burst speed for a big man (actually just in general, big guy aside), and offensive flair.

When he learns to deliver that body into people properly, he's going to be a really feared Dman in this league. Even if he doesn't... He has all the tools to be a #1.

Could you link a few? I've been looking for clips of his play all summer, but all I can find is the same short compilation video of a few highlight reel plays. Boston clearly doesn't have an AC666.

Aug 3, 2010
It seems to me that Hamilton is more of a poor man's Lidstrom than the Pronger that we may want him to become. Not a bad thing but I would not get my hopes up for Hamilton to change his decidedly cerebral playstyle, regardless of his physical frame.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
It seems to me that Hamilton is more of a poor man's Lidstrom than the Pronger that we may want him to become. Not a bad thing but I would not get my hopes up for Hamilton to change his decidedly cerebral playstyle, regardless of his physical frame.

He's an inbetweener; still uses his frame to play defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad