Value of: Doughty to Toronto

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Hell no to the non extension offer.

The extension offer...

That's pretty devastating if Liljegren develops into a top pairing RHD. Or if the Kings really hit on that 1st rounder. Absolutely crushing if both happen. Not sure that Lou will pay that price due to the risk factor.

On the other hand, if Liljegren is a #4/5 guy long term and the 1st rounder is a depth guy or bust long term, this is a very nice deal for Toronto.
And if it's and buts were candy and nuts.

You take the proven, number one guy, or you wait and see how a couple of prospects pan out. That's the whole point of it.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
A package like that would have to be a sign and trade at a manageable cap it.
I can't think of a time when a package like Nylander + Kapanen + 1st has been traded for 1 player, nevermind a pending UFA.
Oh i dont mean him as A UFA you are 100% right for some reason i thought he had 3 years left my bad

UFA if you got a nylander + 1st you won the trade

Reactions: Brock Radunske

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Hoven was on NHL radio this afternoon and guaranteed Doughty will stay in LA. He mentioned the ask being 14 mill but the Kings would like to be in the 12-12.5 range. He also said they would possibly move Muzzin/Martinez or Toffoli/Pearson to make room.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Already so I’ve posted about this in the Marner thread that’s active, but bumping this one because I had a similar question about Marner for Doughty and I feel like I don’t need to make a new thread for it.

has anyone’s views changes since this last thread? Is A Marner for Doughty a possible swap or is it on an unrealistic scale

edit: thanks to those who replied to my previous comment, which made me bump this.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Already so I’ve posted about this in the Marner thread that’s active, but bumping this one because I had a similar question about Marner for Doughty and I feel like I don’t need to make a new thread for it.

has anyone’s views changes since this last thread? Is A Marner for Doughty a possible swap or is it on an unrealistic scale

edit: thanks to those who replied to my previous comment, which made me bump this.
I personally wouldnt trade marner for doughty. He's a great d man but he has diminished a bit and there is no telling how long his elite play will hold up.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006

Most importantly, Blake answered this one already. Kopitar and Doughty will not be going anywhere.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Doughty is still elite. The problem is he tries to do too much to make up for the shit team he's on and he's always paired with rookies or guys way below his talent level. If he asked to be moved to a contender then I think he would be fine.
Sounds like Morgan Reilly's entire career up until a few years ago. Doughty is a beast but toronto cant trade marner for him and the kings should keep doughty cause I believe they should begin to compete again soon for a cup.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Sounds like Morgan Reilly's entire career up until a few years ago. Doughty is a beast but toronto cant trade marner for him and the kings should keep doughty cause I believe they should begin to compete again soon for a cup.

I agree, LA will take a big step forward next year, especially if they pick up the top 4 LHD they are gunning for and if the 2OA can play right away (probably as a middle-six forward) along with a rookie or two stepping in, we will solve the biggest problem, which is a lack of secondary scoring options. Hopefully Carter comes back too.

But the Vilardi/Frk combination last year already gave us a glimpse of a regular season team that can easily win enough games to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I think moving Marner's salary out for defense is the right idea in general but Drew Doughty has lost a step. Maybe he'd find it again in Toronto but that's an $11m gamble the Leafs don't need to make. They're better off looking elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad