HF Habs: Donald Beauchamp Will Step Down As VP of Communications After 25 Years

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
On Dave Morissette, they took a more direct approach. Bergeron said that he's known Beauchamp for years, he used to coach him and they've maintained a relationship since.

Bergeron affirms that Beauchamp was probably asked to leave, he's convinced it's not a decision he made. Morissette believes it's a precursor to something else.

And then Bergeron lost it, as he always does and started to blast the Habs and provided the following in an exchange with Louis Jean:
  • They've become a country club! Someone has to come in from the outside right now. If Roy meets with Molson and gets a clear mandate, then let's go. It can't be someone Bergevin knows. The assistant coach in Laval is the son of the GM of the Rockets. It's all about good friends, family and friends.
  • I've known a similar situation with the Nords: management has been bad over many years and first round picks that don't pan out, similar to what we have with the Habs.
  • The Habs vision is deficient: at one point they've favored big players without due regard for talent.
  • John Tavares won't sign with Montreal. He'll use the Habs however (to sign elsewhere).
  • Who's going to pay the price in the event of changes -- individuals who have no decision-making power.
  • It's been 6 years. Just how many more years does Bergevin need?
  • I used to have an unwritten condition in my contract: "you have to win."
I wouldn't normally quote Bergeron as I know he's not a valued pundit but his shoot-from-the-hip style begets a lot of comments that tell it like it is. May prompt someone else to come forward and speak up. It's the only way that Bergevin's cushy ownership support is going to start feeling less so.

Hopefully this is the start of the onslaught from the MTL media, it's time for the media to become the voice of the fans. Bergevin has been given enough time with this team, he blew it. Not sure Roy is the guy but I would take anyone over the CLOWN we have now.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Good riddance.Hopefully we have better coverage now.Doubt it.

Once you've read old newspapers and saw how they covered the teams back then, you cannot respect what it has become.

I'm sure the guy was competent at his job for what they wanted him to do.I just have no respect for this job, or at least for the direction his job took, where the communication became as dry as modern politicians.I have big problems with a job whose purpose is to massage the truth.The truth should come out.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sebastien Bordeleau, Consultant - skills

Lol what the heck is even meant by skills

Time to drain the swamp

Played 1 year in the QMJHL with Martin Lapointe.
Played 1 year in the NHL (Nashville) with JJD.
Played 1 year in the NLA with Sylvain Lefebvre.
Was assistant GM of the QMAAA College Esther-Blondin for 3 years (2014-2017). Donald Audette was the GM.

:laugh:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Was assistant GM of the QMAAA College Esther-Blondin for 3 years (2014-2017). Donald Audette was the GM.

1318306183002.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love it. Finally, french media is getting its hands dirty. More dirt will come out of this. Bergeron bringing up Roy's name too..
The franco media is the key to all of this, when those guys are done with MB and his pet pals, the gloves will be off...and rightfully so............he was given 6 yrs of almost zero criticism, and this is what we have, a country club atmosphere, where excuses rain down on everything...the team had ZERO chance to do well this season, we were set up to fail, because of the country club.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The day MB gets the boot is the day I'd like to see 24 hours of uninterrupted celebrations on this site, with the Mods standing on the sidelines (hoping and assuming they'd understand why we'd need this) and letting us all celebrate to our heart's content. The feeling of elation would be beyond anything we've ever experienced, would surpass what we went through with the MT and DD exits. It can't happen fast enough.

I have a bottle of perrignon at the ready

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Is this real, or are you making this up?

If true the nepotism and cronyism runs deeper than ever thought.

Reactions: ottawa

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Every team does that though...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Does what? Bring in former players for jobs? Do they bring in this many newbies?

- JJ Daignault
- Scott Mellanby
- Francis Bouillon
- Sebastien Bordeleau
- Shane Churla
- Donald Audette
- Sylvain Lefebvre
- Donald Dufrense

And this many re-treads from other teams?
- Rob Ramage
- Sean Burke
- Martin Lapointe
- Kirk Muller

I'm sure I'm missing a few. I just don't think, aside from maybe St. Louis, anyone is bringing in this many people unqualified for the jobs they are put in.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Pat Verbeek (head scout) played 2 years with Yzerman and was scout for 4 years while Yzerman was vp of hockey operations in Detroit.
Stacy Roest (scout) played 3 years with Yzerman.
Jamie Pushor (scout) played 3 years with Yzerman.
Chris Yzerman (scout) is his brother.

VS

JJD (asst coach) played youth hockey with Bergevin.
Waite (asst coach) was GK coach for the whole time MB was in Chicago.
Mellanby (asst GM) played a couple years with MB.
Martin Lapointe (dir of player personnel) was scout for several years when MB was in Chicago.
Rick Dudley (asst GM and then senior VP of hockey ops) was assistant GM for 4 years with Chicago while MB was there.
Bordeleau (skill consultants) as mentionned.
Nick Carrière (AHL asst coach) is Larry's son.

Reactions: ottawa

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does what? Bring in former players for jobs? Do they bring in this many newbies?

- JJ Daignault
- Scott Mellanby
- Francis Bouillon
- Sebastien Bordeleau
- Shane Churla
- Donald Audette
- Sylvain Lefebvre
- Donald Dufrense

And this many re-treads from other teams?
- Rob Ramage
- Sean Burke
- Martin Lapointe
- Kirk Muller

I'm sure I'm missing a few. I just don't think, aside from maybe St. Louis, anyone is bringing in this many people unqualified for the jobs they are put in.

I wouldn't have an issue with any of them, if the team was successful and each of them was contributing to that success by being the best or amongst the best at what they do.

The team is where it's at, cratering at multiple levels and most of these guys hold on to their jobs for 6 years or since they were appointed.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Pat Verbeek (head scout) played 2 years with Yzerman and was scout for 4 years while Yzerman was vp of hockey operations in Detroit.
Stacy Roest (scout) played 3 years with Yzerman.
Jamie Pushor (scout) played 3 years with Yzerman.
Chris Yzerman (scout) is his brother.

VS

JJD (asst coach) played youth hockey with Bergevin.
Waite (asst coach) was GK coach for the whole time MB was in Chicago.
Mellanby (asst GM) played a couple years with MB.
Martin Lapointe (dir of player personnel) was scout for several years when MB was in Chicago.
Rick Dudley (asst GM and then senior VP of hockey ops) was assistant GM for 4 years with Chicago while MB was there.
Bordeleau (skill consultants) as mentionned.
Nick Carrière (AHL asst coach) is Larry's son.

The difference with Yzerman is that expectations are probably higher and Tampa does something tge Habs probably don't: performance reviews.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The difference with Yzerman is that expectations are probably higher and Tampa does something tge Habs probably don't: performance reviews.

Performance reviews that are acted upon and not surrounding yourself with yes-men -- something Bergevin pretends to know nothing about.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Calls for a new coined term.

Népotriste -- a sad collection of friends and family receiving hand-outs with no accountability required.

And another t-shirt is born :laugh: I'm laughing, but really I'm not.

The franco media is the key to all of this, when those guys are done with MB and his pet pals, the gloves will be off...and rightfully so............he was given 6 yrs of almost zero criticism, and this is what we have, a country club atmosphere, where excuses rain down on everything...the team had ZERO chance to do well this season, we were set up to fail, because of the country club.

6 years of free passes is just absurd. It either shows the power the team has on the media or a serious lack of courage. I agree that if he loses the french media, he's done. Finally.

I choose to laugh at this. You can't make this stuff up and the sad thing is we could probably do the whole 'family tree' and make all the connections and be even more outraged... It really has to end. Despite the fact that MB says he's always working to improve the team, it's pretty obvious he's not qualified to choose his management team and even less qualified to evaluate players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I could surround myself with people I've worked with previously and have an awesome team - or I could surround myself with people I've worked with previously and have the worst team ever. I have no problem with surrounding yourself with people you know and trust but there has to be a) success and b) accountability

When there's neither it's time to blow it up

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad