HF Habs: Donald Beauchamp Will Step Down As VP of Communications After 25 Years

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Yet another person not fired, lmao
After 25 years of service, especially at an executive level, people do NOT get fired if they haven't made a terrible mistake. They are usually given the choice of resigning or being fired. Most, if not all people, resign. Question of optics and it's better for them for their job search.

This said, in this case, it seems he made his own decision to leave (not given an ultimatum) and they wanted him aboard for the charity.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wasn't this the guy who confronted reporters and made them understand that certain questions are not proper to ask? I remember a few episodes involving him that had to do with behind-the-scenes interventions/ dubious tactics with the media.

I still recall his uncle, Jacques Beauchamp, a columnist for the defunct Montréal-Matin and with JdM -- the guy's claim to fame was how every prediction he made, he got wrong. I remember how it had become a thing to compare someone to Jacques Beauchamp if you wanted to belittle them. Donald must have taken advantage of his uncle's many contacts in the hockey world, to secure a living for himself in the communications field. Good for him, not sure he was good for any of us though.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Resigning before it comes out the Habs are also taking cuts from Stub Hub. Doesn’t want to deal with that craziness.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
THE change Molson was talking about.

Wouldn't surprise me this is a key component of the organizational review that Geoff has been bragging about.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Wasn't this the guy who confronted reporters and made them understand that certain questions are not proper to ask? I remember a few episodes involving him that had to do with behind-the-scenes interventions/ dubious tactics with the media.

I still recall his father, Jacques Beauchamp, a columnist for the defunct Montréal-Matin and with JdM -- the guy's claim to fame was how every prediction he made, he got wrong. I remember how it had become a thing to compare someone to Jacques Beauchamp if you wanted to belittle them. Donald must have taken advantage of his father's many contacts in the hockey world, to secure a living for himself within the Habs. Good for him, not sure he was good for any of us though, lol.

Who was the Expos PR guy who tried to stop the media from reporting that Dennis Martinez had been traded (and then in-traded) in the middle of a game at the Big O?

Reactions: Runner77

durojean

May 29, 2007
While one of the problems. I surely hope the conclusion that Molson got is not that it was just poor communication.

Because went to good potential to horse crap in less than 3 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who was the Expos PR guy who tried to stop the media from reporting that Dennis Martinez had been traded (and then in-traded) in the middle of a game at the Big O?

I remember that event. I just can't come up with the guy's name but he came across as an arrogant asswipe. Wasn't that during the Brochu era?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad