Player Discussion Dominic Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I love what Moore's been able to do the last few years but I'm also ready to see someone like Lindberg or a young player grab that spot. His pk and faceoff abilities will be hard to replace by a rookie or 2nd year player though. Maybe ok to keep him for around $800k as a depth guy while ridding your self of Glass. I can also see some of the younger teams out there looking to bring in someone like Moore and overpay him a bit.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I can not wait to see what 4th line management will come up with for next year. My faith in their ability to make 4th lines is immeasurable. Periodically they even have two of them at the same time, like they have had for the first 3 playoff games this year.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I've loved having Moore back with the Rangers these last three years. He's been one of my favorites since he has drafted. But, it's time to part ways: Lindberg is ready to play center on the forth line next season and there will be several other younger, cheaper alternatives competing for wing on the 4th line--Jensen has certainly earned a look/see given his play since the trade. It's probably also better for Moore--he's sure to have several offers from teams looking for his experience and leadership.

*Bob Richards*

I just feel bad that he had to drag the cadavers of Glass, Paille and Stoll for long parts of the season.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Dom Moore is a great dude, and warrior, but it's time to move on.

He lost a step and was clearly ineffective this year. I'd welcome him into a role with the team if he retires but wish him the best of luck moving forward.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Really appreciate all Dom Moore did for this team but its obvious he regressed. The 4th line should be a brand new one next year. Would love to see hrivik on it from what we got to see of him this year he looked decent

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I just feel bad that he had to drag the cadavers of Glass, Paille and Stoll for long parts of the season.

So true. He never was given a chance most of the time with incompetent wingers. Man I missed that 4th line of 2014

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So true. He never was given a chance most of the time with incompetent wingers. Man I missed that 4th line of 2014

Lets not pretend Moore would have been any different playing with 2 other 4th liners.

Had a very respectable career but he is done.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Dom was a good soldier but his time has come, if he doesn't retire I could see him signing with a young team for cheap. Next years 4th line has to be big, fast, young and hungry.

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I sign him for one year deal with the understanding that if we're not serious contenders, we move him at the deadline. He's always the type of guy teams pay for. He's a great pro and I don't mind that he's lost a step. If you can manufacture a mid round pick out of it, it's worth it to me. On second thought though, it seems like you all watched him closer than I did. Maybe he's finished. In that case, I'd offer him a chance to get his foot in the door coaching. Guy has played for more coaches than anyone, he's a smart guy, he has future head coach written all over him.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I sign him for one year deal with the understanding that if we're not serious contenders, we move him at the deadline. He's always the type of guy teams pay for. He's a great pro and I don't mind that he's lost a step. If you can manufacture a mid round pick out of it, it's worth it to me. On second thought though, it seems like you all watched him closer than I did. Maybe he's finished. In that case, I'd offer him a chance to get his foot in the door coaching. Guy has played for more coaches than anyone, he's a smart guy, he has future head coach written all over him.

I'm a huge fan of Dom Moore, but he didn't have a good year (even after he was shifted back to center full-time) and there's no guarantee that he will bounce back next season.

I think it's time to let go. No doubt the organization will bring in some castoff to provide competition for Lindberg, but hopefully Lindberg can win the open spot.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I'm a huge fan of Dom Moore, but he didn't have a good year (even after he was shifted back to center full-time) and there's no guarantee that he will bounce back next season.

I think it's time to let go. No doubt the organization will bring in some castoff to provide competition for Lindberg, but hopefully Lindberg can win the open spot.

lindberg should easily be able to win that job, he's solid in all three zones and brings more then moore brought at any point this season

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

100%. Re-signing Dom would be Moore-onic.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
lindberg should easily be able to win that job, he's solid in all three zones and brings more then moore brought at any point this season

2/3 of the 4th line next season should be Lindberg-Fast.

Both can spot into the top 9, but having them as a 4th line would be fantastic. Stalberg-Lindberg-Fast would be a dominant cycling 4th line with speed and defensively responsible.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
2/3 of the 4th line next season should be Lindberg-Fast.

Both can spot into the top 9, but having them as a 4th line would be fantastic. Stalberg-Lindberg-Fast would be a dominant cycling 4th line with speed and defensively responsible.

Agreed. That's a 4th line I'd feel very comfortable with in a variety of situations.

As for Dom, I think they could do a lot worse if he wanted to come back for under $1 million on a one year deal as a 12th/13th forward so if that happened I wouldn't be upset. I do agree with everyone here though that it's best to just move on.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's 36. The Rangers took a step back this year and he took a step back this year. The Rangers need to go younger. Anybody who thinks the window has closed or is even closing should know that we need to go younger. Most teams have younger and more energetic 4th lines. I don't see any point in bringing Dominic Moore back for another year.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
If we are going for a full tank, then sure, re-sign him.

If we are at least trying to have somewhat of a respectable season...then no way in hell he should be offered a contract. Was a good player, but he's done.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd re-sign him under the condition that he would be a 13th forward. And if he was not used regularly by the deadline or a young player took his spot, I'd trade him and recoup a late pick. There will be some teams who see his experience and face off ability who will want him at the deadline for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad