Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I think Hrivik works his way onto the 4th line next season....and plays there with Lindberg & Glass. At Moore's age, he needed to have a better season to justify keeping him around. For next year, I see:

Miller-Brass-Nash
Kreider-Step-Zuuc
Buch-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Lindberg/Hrivik-Hrivik/Lindberg

Of course, if there is a house cleaning...this all goes out the door. But if we keep most peeps, this is what I see.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah a good point - Moore is 36 now even though he looks younger! ))

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Moore will be 36 years old before the next season starts. There's no way he should get $1.5 again. I loved him as a player all these years, but it gets awfully dangerous to bury so much salary on a guy whose legs can give out any day. If Moore wants to accept a contract for about $900 that we can bury in the AHL in case he goes Ryan Malone on us, then I think we should bring him back.

Hrivik should play in the NHL next year, let him and Moore rotate in and out, which would keep Moore fresh while easing Hrivik slowly into the NHL.

Hopefully Butcher makes the NHL, but his mediocre performance for SKA (11 points in 32 games, coaches didn't trust him with a top-6 role) doesn't leave me hopeful that he can make an immediate jump. Since the NHL is a clearly superior league to the KHL, one would think that you'd need to be a top-6 player in the KHL to be able to hold your own in the NHL. Probably would need to sign Stalberg or a similar player in case Butcher can't hack it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Moore has been pretty meh all season. He is definitely done. Before this year he was an effective 4th liner, I can't say the same anymore.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Moore has been pretty meh all season. He is definitely done. Before this year he was an effective 4th liner, I can't say the same anymore.

this is an old team...hes an actual expiring contract that can help us get a kid into the lineup. do it.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I feel our 4th line was a downgrade when they took out Oscar Lindberg - why don`t they use him instead of Glass?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I feel our 4th line was a downgrade when they took out Oscar Lindberg - why don`t they use him instead of Glass?

rangers fans have been asking that question, in different iterations, since the moment Glass got here.

First it was Stempniak, now its Lindberg.

Next year it'll probably be Buchnevich.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Moore will be 36 years old before the next season starts. There's no way he should get $1.5 again. I loved him as a player all these years, but it gets awfully dangerous to bury so much salary on a guy whose legs can give out any day. If Moore wants to accept a contract for about $900 that we can bury in the AHL in case he goes Ryan Malone on us, then I think we should bring him back.

Hrivik should play in the NHL next year, let him and Moore rotate in and out, which would keep Moore fresh while easing Hrivik slowly into the NHL.

Hopefully Butcher makes the NHL, but his mediocre performance for SKA (11 points in 32 games, coaches didn't trust him with a top-6 role) doesn't leave me hopeful that he can make an immediate jump. Since the NHL is a clearly superior league to the KHL, one would think that you'd need to be a top-6 player in the KHL to be able to hold your own in the NHL. Probably would need to sign Stalberg or a similar player in case Butcher can't hack it.

If AV still coaching this team the rotation will be Moore - 78 game, Hrivik - 4.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Bye to Moore, waive Glass (yea right), give Hrivik and Jensen the contract Lindberg got 2 years 650k per on a 1 way deal so they get paid the same salary even if they go to Hartford and it doesn't cost the Rangers a dime if they have to send them to Hartford on the cap.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Moore had an underwhelming regular season, but you hoped that he would turn it up a notch in the playoffs like he has always done. He's not getting it done. Need some new blood in there next season.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He's been awful all year from the pk to the dumb penalties he just is 36 and looking it. Replace him with lindberg next year thank him for his service.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't think Moore is coming back next season.

Love ya' Moore, but that's 1.5M we could use on our younger guys. Lindberg can replace him.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I really like Moore and would be sad to see him go. But yeah, he's lost a step and probably won't be very effective next season. Then again, no one looks good next to Tanner Glass.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think he's been as bad as some are saying. Plus he's had to carry Glass all season. However 1.5 mill or thereabouts is a lot plus we have Lindberg and Hrivik so goodbye Dom and thanks for everything. He's been a good player for us.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I wonder if we keep him around to motivate lindberg. Plus the only guaranteed 4th line spot next year is Glass's.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I wonder if we keep him around to motivate lindberg. Plus the only guaranteed 4th line spot next year is Glass's.

If sitting and watching Glass play over you doesn't motivate Lindberg, nothing will.

Also - why does Lindberg need a motivation partner again?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
dom moore will not return. he's been a good player, time to move on.

weve got hrivik and lindberg who both are capable and less expensive.

use that 1.5 elsewhere.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Honestly, I wouldn't mind having Dom back on a super cheap deal. I think some combo/rotation of Moore/Lindberg/Hrivik/Fast/Jensen would serve as a very capable 4th line

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
If sitting and watching Glass play over you doesn't motivate Lindberg, nothing will.

Also - why does Lindberg need a motivation partner again?

I don't think he does need s motivation partner. But AV obviously thinks lindberg needs something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad