majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
CBJ D men :
- Jones
- Werenski
- Murray
- Savard
- Gavrikov

Or would you put Gavrikov above any of the above ? Maybe Savard, so he is a 4/5D in CBJ, nothing wrong with that because CBJ has a strong defensive lineup, but that does not mean his value is that of a 2C. In addition, last year Nutivaara had a similar season, right ? Does it mean he is worth Domi ? :)

Gavrikov is roughly equal to Savard and Murray overall.

It sometimes depends on context. Savard is the most trusted puck eater, though Gavrikov also seems exemplary in that respect. Murray is next in line for PP duties after the top 2, Gavrikov is nothing special from the point. And interestingly Gavrikov is easily top 3 among Jackets D in OT. He is fast (similar mobility to Petry) and makes good puck decisions.

This isn't a sell-job. Jackets fans aren't trying to trade Gavrikov. We're defending him from ignoramuses that are calling him a bottom pair D.

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I think you aren't giving habs fans enough credit. I have seen habs fans say poehling was going to put up 30 goals last year, kotkaniemi was going to outscore laine last year, and they wouldn't trade any of caulfield or kotkaniemi, or poehling for laine straight up...so there seems to be no level of stupid that is out of reach for habs fans.
The only stupidy in this thread is coming from you and most of the BS that your posting.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
The only stupidy in this thread is coming from you and most of the BS that your posting.
Wow you must be the smartest kid in kindergarten coming up with replies like that. Are you trying to say habs fans didn't say those things, or what exactly is your point?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Don’t worry. He started accusing me of some shit I never said and when I proved him wrong he just ignored me. What else can you expect from someone who’s mostly here just to troll habs fans

Wow you must be the smartest kid in kindergarten coming up with replies like that. Are you trying to say habs fans didn't say those things, or what exactly is your point?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
You could't be further from the truth. I said Svechnikov would be a better hockey player than Laine by the time his ELC is done and never ever did I say that I wouldn't trade Poehling for Laine straight up. I did say that Kotkaniemi is a non-starter for Laine and it still is the case.

Anyway, I accept your apologies.

View attachment 346568

View attachment 346569

View attachment 346570

View attachment 346572
Congrats not one post from me or even the players I mentioned.

Look back for some of these ones...

Sept 18, 2019
Markymarkov asked... domi for laine straight up...do we do this deal?
Baksfamous112 - I would rather keep domi.

July 2019
GILLINGS -Romanov poehling and primeau for laine
Baksfamous112 - romanov and poehling ain't going anywhere
(I take it you meant besides the AHL)

July 2019
Baksfamous112 I take drouin over laine anyday especially since he just out pointed him.

Thekrebscycle - laine for kotniemi
Baksfamous112 - No

Baksfamous112 - laine or connor or any other jets player will not get you kok

Cbjoe...domi for ehlers or domi for laine?
Baksfamous112 - ehlers, connor or laine..doesnt matter domi is staying put.

Forum - which players have peaked?
Baksfamous112 - Ryder, staal, laine, raycroft,ward

All classics, and those were all from 5 pages or your nearly 1000 posts about laine.

I also fell on the floor laughing when you said the habs didn't need scheifele because you have danault, kotkaniemi, domi,Suzuki and poehling. You do realize the majority of those guys are AHL players, or would be on a team that isnt a perennial celler dweller.

Reactions: Snowman

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Gavrikov is roughly equal to Savard and Murray overall.

It sometimes depends on context. Savard is the most trusted puck eater, though Gavrikov also seems exemplary in that respect. Murray is next in line for PP duties after the top 2, Gavrikov is nothing special from the point. And interestingly Gavrikov is easily top 3 among Jackets D in OT. He is fast (similar mobility to Petry) and makes good puck decisions.

This isn't a sell-job. Jackets fans aren't trying to trade Gavrikov. We're defending him from ignoramuses that are calling him a bottom pair D.

How many non troll alerts should I put on my messages, I am not trying to lower Gavrikov's value, I am just saying you cannot present him as a sure top 4 D after one convincing year in the NHL (and in my first post I mention we should not undervalue him) but that he does not have the same value as a legit 2C, who has been scoring at a 45+ points pace since entering the NHL, with a 72 points year. :)

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Murray would be of more interest to the Habs I think, but I was under the impression Columbus wanted to sign him long-term?

Either way, Murray would need a significant + to get Domi. I don't know where Columbus is lacking in the prospect pool, but Domi + prospect for Murray and Anderson could work

Jarmo is lacking in the high end boom or bust type prospects. They are loaded with guys that project as 3rd or 4th liners but have very few guys that look like they could become 1st or 2nd line NHLers. Also, and this is probably going to sound weird, but the dman prospect pool is a little thin. Outside of Peeke and possibly Berni all of the younger dmen have either established themselves as bottom pairing (Harrington) or NHL/AHL tweener (Clendening).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
How many non troll alerts should I put on my messages, I am not trying to lower Gavrikov's value, I am just saying you cannot present him as a sure top 4 D after one convincing year in the NHL (and in my first post I mention we should not undervalue him) but that he does not have the same value as a legit 2C, who has been scoring at a 45+ points pace since entering the NHL, with a 72 points year. :)

I don't care how conciliatory your preface is, if you say

Let us look at what he is now, a bottom pairing Dman

I am going to have to correct that ignorant BS.

Obviously a guy who plays impressively in a second pair role in his rookie season is not a sure-bet second pair D for his whole career. But that doesn't make him "a bottom pair D", it just makes him a rookie in a second pair role, with all the usual caveats that come with that degree of experience. Somewhat less so because of Gavrikov's pro pedigree.

Reactions: Viqsi

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You have already been provin wrong about the false BS your trying to spread around.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
So Columbus needs 2C and Montreal needs top4 LHD, and here they are. Both teams get what they need. Plus Montreal gets another Russian player, so Romanov won't be alone, if Kovy doesn't stay for long (if he comes at all).

How about jake evans for zach werenski?

Gavrikov is not close to equal value.. come on now

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
You have already been provin wrong about the false BS your trying to spread around.
Proven wrong by having your mom post some unrelated posts and you claim them as your answer? Go back and look at your moms posts for yourself...I listed some of her average ones as examples...clear to see. Once you have something of substance to add come back son.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How about jake evans for zach werenski?

Gavrikov is not close to equal value.. come on now
Well, let's see how accurate of a comparison this is.

Domi is a second-line, possibly a 1B center, and is #1 or #2 on the depth chart at his position on his team (possibly behind Suzuki or Danault depending on who you talk to, but surely not both at the same time, and maybe not either). Werenski is a #1D with elite upside, and #1 on the depth chart at his position on his team (remember, Jones is a RD). So while Werenski is arguably better at his position than Domi, this is at least somewhere in the neighborhood - both are highly important players playing vital positions.

Gavrikov is a top-4 LD who might be able to improve, and is one or two spots down on the depth chart at his position (behind Werenski, and Murray when he's available). Jake Evans is an AHLer about six or seven spots down on the depth chart - certainly behind all of Suzuki, Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Poehling, and possibly some other younger guys. This isn't even in the same zip code - it's a high quality rookie who's carved out a high-importance position for himself (to the point that he'll likely be the third blueliner we protect in the expansion draft) going up against a throwaway nobody.

Conclusion: your comparison is bullshit and you should be deeply ashamed.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well, let's see how accurate of a comparison this is.

Domi is a second-line, possibly a 1B center, and is #1 or #2 on the depth chart at his position on his team (possibly behind Suzuki or Danault depending on who you talk to, but surely not both at the same time, and maybe not either). Werenski is a #1D with elite upside, and #1 on the depth chart at his position on his team (remember, Jones is a RD). So while Werenski is arguably better at his position than Domi, this is at least somewhere in the neighborhood - both are highly important players playing vital positions.

Gavrikov is a top-4 LD who might be able to improve, and is one or two spots down on the depth chart at his position (behind Werenski. Jake Evans is an AHLer about six or seven spots down on the depth chart - certainly behind all of Suzuki, Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Poehling, and possibly some other younger guys. This isn't even in the same zip code - it's a high quality rookie who's carved out a high-importance position for himself (to the point that he'll likely be the third blueliner we protect in the expansion draft) going up against a throwaway nobody.

Conclusion: your comparison is bullshit and you should be deeply ashamed.

Agree with that but the OP’s Lowball offer missed the mark by a mile. You can hopefully understand why it would infuriate Habs fans.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Agree with that but the OP’s Lowball offer missed the mark by a mile. You can hopefully understand why it would infuriate Habs fans.
I get why it would annoy folks; Domi is what the Jackets would need, while Gavrikov isn't yet at the category of player the Habs are after, so, yeah. When there's questions as to whether you should trade the guy at all, "maybe someday"s tend to be a tad unwelcome. ;)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Proven wrong by having your mom post some unrelated posts and you claim them as your answer? Go back and look at your moms posts for yourself...I listed some of her average ones as examples...clear to see. Once you have something of substance to add come back son.

No you clearly stated that I said I wouldn’t trade Poehling for Laine while I said that I offered Suzuki ++ and you asked me to prove you wrong. I did and then you went MIA.

I still stand behind my claim that I wouldn’t trade Kotkaniemi for Laine - or Connors/Ehlers for that matter. Habs have been looking for a 1C for two decades now and if you think for one second we will give away our chance to finally get one for a winger you are out of your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad