Eklund Rumor: Domi back to MTL ?

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
As a Habs fan I’d love to have Domi back but would not give up assets for him. I’d offer a 3rd and 4th. I doubt Columbus would take it.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
giphy.gif

...never...not ever...as in no chance...niet...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If this happened... I'd feel so bad for Domi. Nothing against Habs.
He's just had such a hard time finding a place where he fits and performs up to what his supporters feel he's capable of.
I'd really, REALLY like to see him traded to a team that's deep at center so that we could see him play on the wing. I'm convinced he'd be a really scary winger to play against.

Reactions: teddygmr

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If this happened... I'd feel so bad for Domi. Nothing against Habs.
He's just had such a hard time finding a place where he fits and performs up to what his supporters feel he's capable of.
I'd really, REALLY like to see him traded to a team that's deep at center so that we could see him play on the wing. I'm convinced he'd be a really scary winger to play against.

Domi's 200' game needs serious improvements.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I get that this is Eklund but:

1) Montreal are currently at the cap and got rid of Domi because they didn't want to resign him to a hefty contract

2) They also got rid of him because he wanted to play centre but they had but room for him in the top 6 and he was pushed to the wing

3) Montreal currently has: Toffoli, Caufield, Gallagher, Anderson, Drouin, Hoffman, Armia, Perreault, Byron and Lehkonen on the wing.

The only solution would be if:

1) Montreal isn't confident in running Suzuki, KK, Evans, Pacquette down the centre and makes the deal with the intent to play Domi as 2C or split 2/3C with KK depending on performance.

2) Columbus takes some sort of cap hit back. But there really isn't anything on Montreal's roster that they'd want to dump. The hefty contracts are either players they just acquired, their likely captain and assistant in Gallagher and Petry, untradable like Drouin and of course Price.

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd be okay taking him back but it's be a backward movement. Habs lost their defensive centre, Domi coming back means that Suzuki gets stuck in the dzone starts that you don't want your best centre taking. Slight improvement offensively that would help exaggerate the team's biggest weakness next year

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I like Max Domi, he was awesome his first season with us. I would welcome him back if he can find that edge he had his first year with us.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I like Max Domi, he was awesome his first season with us. I would welcome him back if he can find that edge he had his first year with us.

I think his 72 point season is likely his career peak. I see him as a 50ish point player who is poor defensively and a questionable attitude at times. Pass for me.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He needs to have the fire back but in a good way, not by taking dumb penalties. He is strong and fight well, he needs to find his fire back.

Kid has everything to make it work in the NHL, and his size doesn't matter since he is playing way bigger. I don't know if he needs to sit with his demons or talk but he needs to change something in his life habit for sure.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Nothing I said was trolling or attacking the Habs roster, I just shared a fact that they would have a lot of short players on their roster if they added Domi back.

You folks must have been bullied a lot as kids and now have to take out your frustrations on the internet?

Yeah dunno where this idea you were trolling the habs comes from, insecurity I guess.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Given what happened in the last 28 months or so, CBJ as an organization seems to be imploding. I honestly don't know what to make of them, just one major blunder after another. Losing a continuous stream of highly skilled players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad