Eklund Rumor: Domi back to MTL ?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Just a quick reminder that Eklund has a well deserved reputation for making up rumors. Consider the source. He's got a long, long, long track record of incorrect insider information.

The Eklund tag on HF is there, not to legitimize him, but to warn posters to avoid the discussion if they so desire.

I can't be clearer than that without breaking site rules.
:lol::madfire::lol::madfire::lol::madfire::lol:

Excessive use of emoji's is also punished on this site?

Reactions: banks

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Brown and stinky Eklund rumors are sort of on par these days with Friedman.

Remember the "Big name/big promise", or the "written down on a piece of paper" TOR rumors? Those were brown and stinky too.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
I did note the word "rumor". I specifically said he has a reputation for making up "rumours".

Even outside hockey, rumors are often made up just to get attention.
Reputations are often like rumours. May or may not be reflection of what is. We have Spector saying that Eklund has a good pulse on what is being talked about. Eklund reports rumours. that is what he does. One needs to that in context. Most trade talks do not go through for what ever reasons.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Imagine a lineup of Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Gallagher? It would have to be the smallest top 6 in NHL history.
That's only 5 players.

A couple years ago I believe our top 6 was

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Shaw domi drouin

But I'm not sure how or why Anderson and toffoli would be pushed out of our current top 6.

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Imagine a lineup of Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Gallagher? It would have to be the smallest top 6 in NHL history.

Domi wouldn't make the top 6 unless Drouin was shipped off to Columbus. Anderson is a much better player.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Daymmn sire. That would be true. Like woah. They ain't doing that there sire, not at all. Good team still though, I aint' saying it like that at all sire.

Kane9 would bring so much to montreal.... imagine him with suzuki. Wooooaaah baby.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I might be in the minority but I always liked Domi for MTL - thought I prefer Anderson obviously... - I would be ok on a buy low for Domi tbh.

Reactions: Habsrule

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This is more made up than usual

Kekalainen would not do this. A GMs job is built around optics. The best optics is to win a lot of games, but there are other concerns. You dont trade Anderson for Domi, and then trade Domi back to the same team for a reduced value. It just looks awful. It gives your haters too juicy a narrative

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
after trading Anderson and PLD for Domi and Laine (who have been making negative headlines since they were acquired) that GM should be canned. Two rough and tumble guys who play to win versus two perimeter players with egos. fml

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wouldn’t any trade for Domi see Drouin going back though?
Maybe the Eklund rumour us just making a logical connection?
Domi for Drouin kind of makes sense.
Not for the Blue Jackets. Domi is more likely to be useful, and if he isn't will be out after this year. Drouin has little or no hope of being useful and we'd be stuck with him for an additional year beyond.

* * *​
after trading Anderson and PLD for Domi and Laine (who have been making negative headlines since they were acquired) that GM should be canned. Two rough and tumble guys who play to win versus two perimeter players with egos. fml
Tell us you don't follow what the Blue Jackets do without saying you don't follow what the Blue Jackets do.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Not for the Blue Jackets. Domi is more likely to be useful, and if he isn't will be out after this year. Drouin has little or no hope of being useful and we'd be stuck with him for an additional year beyond.

* * *​

Tell us you don't follow what the Blue Jackets do without saying you don't follow what the Blue Jackets do.
I follow the habs and jets though lol

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I follow the habs and jets though lol
Cool. That does, however, fail to actually address the "lack of useful information" issue.

Imagine, for example, a Bolts fan opting to evalute Bergevin's work exclusively via the one notable move with that team involving theirs - the Drouin-for-Sergachev trade. You're kind of doing that with the Jackets here, and coming up with similarly absurd conclusions.

Also at the moment the Jackets are arguably ahead on the PLD trade mostly thanks to Roslovic's breakout, but that wouldn't be known unless you follow the Jackets - or unless you pay attention to Jets fans who do follow the Jackets and are lamenting that it happened.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Suzuki isn't small, he's 5'11 sure but is over 200lbs. So he is basically the same size as William Nylander and Bigger than Marner wh are both listed at 6'0 and are similar and lighter respectively. The rest are small though yes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It’s funny you took offence to what I said, I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. But in classic fashion you attack me strictly because I’m a leafs fan.
I think it's less "because you're a Leafs fan" and more "because you came into a thread about Montreal and made a comment of a type that has long been used to troll Habs fans about their roster". The only thing your Leafs affiliation affects is how folks are retaliating.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
This is more made up than usual

Kekalainen would not do this. A GMs job is built around optics. The best optics is to win a lot of games, but there are other concerns. You dont trade Anderson for Domi, and then trade Domi back to the same team for a reduced value. It just looks awful. It gives your haters too juicy a narrative

This. I suspect this is also the reason Poile went out and signed Duchene a few years after the three-way trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad