Pre-Game Talk: Dogs @ Cats 3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
saying he has bad line mates or saying he's on a bad team isnt a good enough argument, same went for markstrom. he played on the top-2 lines in his rookie year i know he had shore which isnt anything special, and mueller which isnt either but mueller played pretty solid for what its worth and he had an assist on i think like half of huby's goals. he played mostly with bjugstad this season and bjugstad has been just fine, along with upshall, who i think is leading our team in points so he's at least contributing somewhat.
when he gets bigger and matures, puts on pounds and muscle, refines his game as he adapts to the league, i see him as an "ok" 2nd liner, a solid one at best but i don't see it. he'll probably be a high end 3rd liner. id rather trade him now while his value is high, especially if we end up drafting bennett/dal colle, although we're making a run for ekblad right now.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
saying he has bad line mates or saying he's on a bad team isnt a good enough argument, same went for markstrom. he played on the top-2 lines in his rookie year i know he had shore which isnt anything special, and mueller which isnt either but mueller played pretty solid for what its worth and he had an assist on i think like half of huby's goals. he played mostly with bjugstad this season and bjugstad has been just fine, along with upshall, who i think is leading our team in points so he's at least contributing somewhat.
when he gets bigger and matures, puts on pounds and muscle, refines his game as he adapts to the league, i see him as an "ok" 2nd liner, a solid one at best but i don't see it. he'll probably be a high end 3rd liner. id rather trade him now while his value is high, especially if we end up drafting bennett/dal colle, although we're making a run for ekblad right now.

That wasn't my main argument though, it was just a contributing factor.
Huber will never be worse than he is right now, that's why you keep him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
just saying i won't be heart broken if we trade him, as long as we get something good in return. id much rather have bergenheim extended, draft one of bennett or dal colle, and sign moulson.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Trading Huberdeau is stupid. He's 20.

Don't let this horrible season taint his rookie season. He was our most dynamic forward last year. Outside of Bure, he has the best hands any players on our team has ever had. Yes he is small and his skating isn't elite, but those will get better. Can't teach hands or hockey sense and he has both of those.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com

Don't let this horrible season taint his rookie season. He was our most dynamic forward last year. Outside of Bure, he has the best hands any players on our team has ever had. Yes he is small and his skating isn't elite, but those will get better. Can't teach hands or hockey sense and he has both of those.

His hands are the best this team has ever had outside of Pavel Bure? You must be kidding.

Viktor Kozlov had way better hands and Barkov I would say has better everything than Huberdeau. Ray Whitney, Stu Barnes, Valeri Bure, Martin Straka (I can go on) had better hands than him. I would say even R. Grimaldi has better hands than him and he is in college. Please don't make blanket statements like that because it just doesn't ring true.

I would challenge anyone to tell me an "elite" skill to Huberdeau's game. I am just hoping he can be an ok player for us as in on the 2nd line and I would personally give him next year to prove that.

Now if Winnepeg has a E. Kane on the block in the draft and Tallon approaches them and they want Huby in a package I would say hell yes do it and not because I dislike Huby but Kane is just better and we need to be a bigger stronger team and he is a fit. Nothing against Huby but this team needs much better and he's an asset and he can be replaced quite easily. There are Jonathon Huberdeau's all over the league. Flash was one of those guys for example before his flaming out so I won't cry if we bring a talent like that here in a trade. He should be given next year though to prove himself if nothing like that trade is proposed.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
totally agree on the evander kane part, been saying that for a little while now. and i agree i wouldn't mind giving him one more year, but if he ends up playing like this again no ones going to give an evander kane for him. other than his hands being good and having good vision and some decent passing skills, everything else he brings is terrible. if he were skating hard and fast, ok. if he was actually getting chances, real chances, ok. if he were taking some nice shots on net, ok. if he could cycle and do something along the boards, ok. if he were at least breaking the puck out nicely and consistently, ok. but he hasn't done anyyyy of that, and its really scaring me because he's had some solid line mates, that shouldn't be an excuse. he's gotten his ice time, that shouldn't be an excuse. he's played enough games in the league to at least show glimpses of something and he hardly has.
unless he's playing with some crazy injury all season long that we don't know about, then fine, but he's been god awful and he wasn't crazy during the shortened season either. a lot of weird things went down that year so i don't take too much into account from that season for anyone really.
if tallon has an offer, a good offer, take it. if he can't get something good then give him one more season and i pray he does the opposite of everything he's been doing this season.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

How can you think a 3rd overall player can be a high end third liner... Good god people get it together. He's had a rough year.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
How can you think a 3rd overall player can be a high end third liner... Good god people get it together. He's had a rough year.

Amen :shakehead. If you have any doubts watch any of his multi-point games from last season and see it. He has elite skill there is do doubt about about. I don't know how "3rd liner" can be said with a straight face. He has the ability to run the offense last season he created breakaways, set-up and finished goals and was the most dangerous player on the ice. This isn't Frolik who scored all those beneficiary points off of Booth's rushes. Jesus, people.

If any of you played the game, you would know that when your skating is limited it permeates through the whole game. He had very little off season time to work on the lower body, and it shows. Can you guess why he has looked better coming from the break? Hmmmm, maybe he got some time to work the problem he has this year which is skating, no? Kid is one year removed from winning the damn Calder on a team that was 29th in goals last season, and we're throwing "3rd liner" around. C'mon people get some perspective here.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Amen :shakehead. If you have any doubts watch any of his multi-point games from last season and see it. He has elite skill there is do doubt about about. I don't know how "3rd liner" can be said with a straight face. He has the ability to run the offense last season he created breakaways, set-up and finished goals and was the most dangerous player on the ice. This isn't Frolik who scored all those beneficiary points off of Booth's rushes. Jesus, people.

If any of you played the game, you would know that when your skating is limited it permeates through the whole game. He had very little off season time to work on the lower body, and it shows. Can you guess why he has looked better coming from the break? Hmmmm, maybe he got some time to work the problem he has this year which is skating, no? Kid is one year removed from winning the damn Calder on a team that was 29th in goals last season, and we're throwing "3rd liner" around. C'mon people get some perspective here.

x10000. Let's just find a scapegoat as we typically do around here lately it seems. Guess we're running out of people to pick on being that PDB, Dineen, Theodore, Markstrom, and Weiss are gone.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Did we lose last night? I think so judging by this last page. Huberdeau trade talk? Yep, we lost. lol. Give me a break.

Yep, let's trade the little bit of talent we have because of a bad season. Seems like awesome asset management to me.

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

I agree not to trade him yet. Also, he's got nothing to do with Pavel Bure.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Huberdeau is 4th in forward points on the team. He is 4 points behind Bjugs whom everyone mostly agrees is playing very well and has left everyone optimistic about his future. Keep in mind that Huberdeau is also a year younger than Bjugstad. The only reason Huberdeau is getting this treatment is because of the high expectations that he built up for himself last season. This is the worst season he will probably ever have in the League and he is coming off of hip surgery. So yes let's trade him. :help:

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
I can't believe anyone is suggesting trading Huberdeau. I'm glad those people aren't running this team. Seriously, give the kid a break. He was the rookie of the year, he's 20 years old and even in his "slump" he's still doing good stuff, it's just not going his way right now. Relax.

The same cannot be said for Flash though. This guy doesn't have the lack of experience excuse. He's driving me crazy. I would not hesitate to trade him for something worthwhile.

Lastly, Bjugstad is so very awesome. He pushes through everyone and makes plays happen. Glad to see the Panthers hit big on this one.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
His hands are the best this team has ever had outside of Pavel Bure? You must be kidding.

Viktor Kozlov had way better hands and Barkov I would say has better everything than Huberdeau. Ray Whitney, Stu Barnes, Valeri Bure, Martin Straka (I can go on) had better hands than him. I would say even R. Grimaldi has better hands than him and he is in college. Please don't make blanket statements like that because it just doesn't ring true.

I would challenge anyone to tell me an "elite" skill to Huberdeau's game. I am just hoping he can be an ok player for us as in on the 2nd line and I would personally give him next year to prove that.

Now if Winnepeg has a E. Kane on the block in the draft and Tallon approaches them and they want Huby in a package I would say hell yes do it and not because I dislike Huby but Kane is just better and we need to be a bigger stronger team and he is a fit. Nothing against Huby but this team needs much better and he's an asset and he can be replaced quite easily. There are Jonathon Huberdeau's all over the league. Flash was one of those guys for example before his flaming out so I won't cry if we bring a talent like that here in a trade. He should be given next year though to prove himself if nothing like that trade is proposed.

Valeri Bure and Rocco Grimaldi have better hands than Huberdeau? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stu Barnes has better hands than Huberdeau...?:laugh:

The sniper Ray Whitney has better hands than Huberdeau?

You have no idea what you are talking about...And I am putting that mildly.. I mean everyone has opinions you know but when I see people put things like this up I am just left speechless. If you dont really follow hockey that closely just refrain putting anything? Or maybe say you just don't like the player but putting up ridiculous statements as a hyperbole to prove a point is as worthless as they come.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
He's 20. I have sox older.

ernie.gif.pagespeed.ce.h9WN5RcnJh.gif

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
sorry for opening up a can of worms about huby. I dont believe he should be traded, but im just concerned that it looks like the fire is missing.

Thats my problem with our entire offense in general really is that everyones fire is missing save for a couple of guys like bjugstad and bergenheim.

Could they really have shot harder if they wanted to? Could they actually have hit the net if they cared a little more? Could they be willing to get beat up in front of the net if they were willing to deflect a puck or put in a rebound?

Im not convinced that is still a talent issue, i still feel like no one on this team is willing to go the extra mile to win a game. Going to a game in st. louis last week and watching their third and fourth line guys made the picture that more clear.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm thinking in five years, we're all going to forget about Huberdeau's performance this season. I feel like I can't judge him because of him coming off surgery and having no time to properly get himself into shape for the season. As the season has gone on, I have noticed him slowly get better accustomed to the game again. I think we're trying to put too much of a comparison to last season where he came in completely healthy. Let's see what happens next season before making a real determination on what his career could be like down the line. I don't know how you can even think of trading him as he's one of the main pieces for this team for many years to come.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I can see why people are calling out Huby, but why now? I think he's actually played pretty well the past 2-3 games.

Frustration.

I will say I don't want Tallon to dangle him around, just if a really good offer(steal) came in, I hope he would listen.

No one on the team yet is "untouchable". Maybe in a few years. Still some kinks to solve before they hopefully become what they were drafted for.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
sorry for opening up a can of worms about huby. I dont believe he should be traded, but im just concerned that it looks like the fire is missing.

Thats my problem with our entire offense in general really is that everyones fire is missing save for a couple of guys like bjugstad and bergenheim.

Could they really have shot harder if they wanted to? Could they actually have hit the net if they cared a little more? Could they be willing to get beat up in front of the net if they were willing to deflect a puck or put in a rebound?

Im not convinced that is still a talent issue, i still feel like no one on this team is willing to go the extra mile to win a game. Going to a game in st. louis last week and watching their third and fourth line guys made the picture that more clear.

Yeah there is a lot of lost "fight" in the team right now. When won 7/8 back in January you saw what the team could do. Everyone put in that 110% to win, up and down the roster we had no dead weight.

As another point it shows how much we really miss Barkov out there. Not only was he relentless every shift but he was our best puck possession player. Bjugs is a power-forward not the guy to carry the puck and set up the up the play, which is great but it really underscores the possession problems this team has without him. Right now our main possession guys are a Trocheck, Pirri, and Hubey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad