Pre-Game Talk: Dogs @ Cats 3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Only saying one thing tonight:

Absolutely disgusted with Fleischmann's play this season and somehow it continues to get worse. Guy doesn't even belong in the league right now.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Sam Bennett here we come!!!

Good call.

Other teams are getting goals and wins and we are just trying to a find a couple of players per game who can connect a few passes and cheer about the potential. Its sad.

Phoenix playing back to back games and they look like the bigger, stronger and faster team.

Bergie is down so I guess more AHL stars coming over. I look forward to the next game and cheer for a few more connected passes. Joy.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Lets see.

I attend game optimistic.

We fall behind and play horrible without any structure or purpose for 2 periods.

Our powerless play fail.

we then get a goal, make a brief effort and of course fail.

I leave the walk of shame

Rinse lather repeat.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Good call.

Other teams are getting goals and wins and we are just trying to a find a couple of players per game who can connect a few passes and cheer about the potential sad.

Phoenix playing back to back games and they look like the bigger, stronger and faster team.

Bergie is down so I guess more AHL stars coming over. I look forward to the next game and cheer for a few more connected passes. Joy.

It's a process. We aren't going to compete for anything overnight. We cheer for potential because in the future that's what will lead us to compete for something. We are in the final stages of a full rebuild as fans we need to look for the positives and potential.

Also we looked like the bigger and stronger team in the third. That's where them playing yesterday makes the difference. They were still fresh in the first two.

But excuse me I just always stay optimistic, nothing against you.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
huberdeau does not look he belongs in any professional sports that requires hardwork, dedication, and heart. He has shown absolutely none of these three crucial ingredients this season.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm tried to ignore this but I'm really sick of Campbell and Gilbert. The forwards who are on the ice with that d pair spend most of their shift skating around waiting for a pass that never comes and by the time the puck gets moved forward they are tired and/or have no offensive flow moving forward and so their entire shift is wasted.
The worse part is I now see the rest of the d corp doing that. That all are starting to hold on to the puck back in the d zone and skate around grand standing, pulling a Campbell. Really helps other teams play against the Panthers.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
It's a process. We aren't going to compete for anything overnight. We cheer for potential because in the future that's what will lead us to compete for something. We are in the final stages of a full rebuild as fans we need to look for the positives and potential.

Also we looked like the bigger and stronger team in the third. That's where them playing yesterday makes the difference. They were still fresh in the first two.

I like many of your points. I'd just like to at least play 3 desperate periods. Not 1.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden

Also dont forget that we are missing our best player this season (Barkov) and one of our better blueliner Gudy, and then Bergy had to leave the game aswell. And yes every team will get injuries but we have zero depth atm.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
I like many of your points. I'd just like to at least play 3 desperate periods. Not 1.

When you have a bunch of young guys and AHL call ups that's all you can ask for and we failed at that. Phoenix should not have looked stronger than us in the first two periods. We should be jumping on them with all the 20-22 year olds we have on the team now.

Its not good when old man Shane Doan is out skating a lot of these kids and back checking to break up odd man rushes.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

When you have a bunch of young guys and AHL call ups that's all you can ask for and we failed at that. Phoenix should not have looked stronger than us in the first two periods. We should be jumping on them with all the 20-22 year olds we have on the team now.

Its not good when old man Shane Doan is out skating a lot of these kids and back checking to break up odd man rushes.

Both of these are very true. I think it comes down to the fact that they have more to play for. They are fighting hard for a wildcard spot and it shows. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be playing just as hard because it is unacceptable to play at any level less than 100%. I just think that is what is happening, which is unacceptable in every way. Some of our guys seem to have mailed it in for the year (looking at you Brian Campbell).

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
huberdeau does not look he belongs in any professional sports that requires hardwork, dedication, and heart. He has shown absolutely none of these three crucial ingredients this season.

I'm not a fan of his but that's a bit strong in your criticism. He worked in this game at the very least and almost had a goal on wrap around but i agree his game overall is very weak and the points he has gotten lately have not been of the impressive kind.

It seems his best chances are only coming from behind the net or trying to knock in a rebound before being pushed out of there with a nudge. His chances come from about 2-3 feet from the net. He doesn't shoot from any distance at all anymore. Its all pretty strange because he is no power forward.

We can only hope this is a health thing and he has a incredible training regiment and comes back a next year a man and his head is straight. I definitely don't like what I see either but he put in a effort today.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I know it's early, but I hope Tallon listens to offers for Huberdeau if the offers are Good.

Erick*

Huberdeau has been a real disappointment this year, but this is a weird night to criticize his play.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
I know it's early, but I hope Tallon listens to offers for Huberdeau if the offers are Good.

He is no untouchable that's for sure. I personally feel only 1 of these soft wingers Huby, Flash and Pirri should be on this team next year. I just don't think any team can have 3 guys like that and win consistently.

One thing I have really liked about Trochek is he's smaller than all those guys and you see is effort level and how he finishes his checks and dont get me started with his skating. He doesn't just do a little rub on his checks but he actually finishes through on his checks and sometimes leaves his feet. We need better and stronger players. I think only 1 of those 3 should be here. I don't care about draft position or cost. Cut the fat on this team and let's get this thing right.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

I disagree, Phoenix has iced a competitive team for a few years now. I was not expecting a win tonight because the Yotes compete with the top Western teams on a regular basis and can hold their own. They play as one unit with everyone buying in and competing under Tippett much the way the Bruins do.
A few good shots from Pirri and slick passes from Trocheck just aren't enough to get past a well oiled team with a system that works and a solid defense.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Nah, one more year at least.

Yeah that sounds like a great idea lets trade the Calder trophy winner a year after hes ROY and coming off an offseason surgery that led to no training:sarcasm:! Sometimes I really wonder whether we are so complacent in just staying rebuilding that we don't actually evaluate talent anymore. It's just so amusing to see us bash players like we've earned the right to field an acceptable hockey team around here. Go trade Huberdeau.... sure that'll fix all our ******** problems.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
trocheck was getting most of the ice time over pirri. pirri got a goal which was nice, more luck but still nice. after that he got a lot more ice time, looked more confident/better out there, looked like he was in "shoot" mode as he looked a lot more aggressive….and he was put on wing! :D hopefully they keep him there. and to his defense he won't have a shot with huberdeau and fill in the blank as his wingers (hayes for now), him on trocheck's wing and he appears to look better.
oilers came back and won so they're only 1 pt behind us, the hockey gods want the former sun county panther to be a florida panther :laugh:

huberdeau talk:
------------------
and honestly, i don't wanna that guy but it seems like people are finally saying it, and I've been feeling this way for a while, but huberdeau really sucks. love the guy but good god has he been straight up nonexistent. i know he's young, i know it's still early in his development, but you should at least see something in his game to give you hope and theres nothing other than he has good hands and good vision/passing ability, thats about it. as much as barkov was critized about his skating when he got drafted his skating actually isnt bad at all, huberdeau is horrendous. even playing along the boards trying to break the puck out he can't even do anything. he's not the biggest guy. doesn't have a 1timer, nor a hard shot of any kind. he gets the puck on the wing, slowly skates up stick handling left to right till someone closes in on him and either takes it or he gives it away.
honestly, this isnt a matter of judging him too early, and to be clear i HOPE he does well, but other than shootouts/ps he doesn't do anything. even in his rookie season most of his goals (the non penalty shot ones) were just "meh" goals in front of the net. yea he put them in but he's not the kind of player who will score 25+ goals like that, hardly ever does he actually shoot a nice shot. 1 this season and the nashville goal which was solid, at least 1 last season (rangers), its not enough. i hate to "give up" on him, but i was worried even in his rookie year and he's not doing anything to make me think otherwise. i simply don't see his play succeeding in the nhl. id take pirri on the wing over him, or just about anyone for that matter. maybe I'm over reacting but this has gone on a lllllll season, there should be some glimpses of something positive. at least kopecky has size and a solid shot :laugh: I'm all for tallon listening to offers while his value is still high, people will still pay for potential but i think its clear, to me at least, that he's not going to be an impact player. ill sign bergy to a solid contract extension way before huberdeau.
could end up with bennett or dal colle, hopefully we extend bergenheim, and could go after someone like moulson and be set on LW. huberdeau for a rw hopefully.

Last edited:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah that sounds like a great idea lets trade the Calder trophy winner a year after hes ROY and coming off an offseason surgery that led to no training:sarcasm:! Sometimes I really wonder whether we are so complacent in just staying rebuilding that we don't actually evaluate talent anymore. It's just so amusing to see us bash players like we've earned the right to field an acceptable hockey team around here. Go trade Huberdeau.... sure that'll fix all our ******** problems.

Huber just needs the summer to reset, put on some weight, work out, and grow his personal confidence. He has the attitude already, he just needs the size and confidence to back it up.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
huberdeau talk:
------------
i know it's still early in his development, but you should at least see something in his game to give you hope and theres nothing other than he has good hands and good vision/passing ability, thats about it.

That's a bit of a contradiction if I do say so myself. That's something and you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad