does PLD stay ?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Just a bump as his play continues to improve. I've been a proponent all along but, to me, he's showing he can make plays and is willing to pay the price in the corners and in front of the net. I wouldn't be surprised to see him flirt with 30 pts this year. I like him with Panarin and Anderson.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just a bump as his play continues to improve. I've been a proponent all along but, to me, he's showing he can make plays and is willing to pay the price in the corners and in front of the net. I wouldn't be surprised to see him flirt with 30 pts this year. I like him with Panarin and Anderson.
I agree. Could see some multi point games should he stay with Panarin. In Junior I always thought his most underrated ability was his tricky little passes that are nearly always tape to tape and being with Panarin puts him in the most beneficial position for his game. His biggest adjustment has simply been playing his game and knowing he belongs instead of hesitating and being a bit passive. Last little while has been a big step forward but the last game specifically was very encouraging,dude could be straight up dominate one day

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Still want Bjork there instead of Andy, and no one seems to ask Torts why he was removed, even Porty.

Reactions: akmuo33

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
DQzb2iwVQAAIAgV.jpg

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Nice.

Linemates holding Bread, Peanut Butter and Jelly wearing U.S.S. (ugly seasonal sweaters).

Now we need a pix of our 4th line holding a heaping helping plate of Schwety Balls.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
After scoring in his first game and then going pointless in his next 11, PLD has 16 pts in his last 24 games. And arguably had his best night tonight against Pittsburgh and tried to bait Crosby into a fight.

He's 3rd in goals and is just an assist away from being top 5 in assist and points on the team with no signs of slowing down.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
After scoring in his first game and then going pointless in his next 11, PLD has 16 pts in his last 24 games. And arguably had his best night tonight against Pittsburgh and tried to bait Crosby into a fight.

He's 3rd in goals and is just an assist away from being top 5 in assist and points on the team with no signs of slowing down.
He’s for me easily been the most positive surprise this year.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not sure if I'd go with him or Nutivaara's RD debut.
I hear you. I hadn't given a lot of thought to the RD aspect on Nuti. It's just that I've held him in higher regard than many as I see him as a second pair level guy.....I figured if PLD made the team this year, it would be 3rd line - maybe 4th - and not necessarily at center and not top 6. In any case, two imprortant guys for the CBJ.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I think it's the fact he is playing the center position (and doing it with aplomb) for me.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I think it's the fact he is playing the center position (and doing it with aplomb) for me.

It is great that he has been succeeding at center. I think it's interesting that earlier in the season he was better on the wing, and sorta shifted back to center after getting adjusted to the league and a greater need appearing at center.

I think it's entirely possible that in his career he will play all slots in the top 6 and do it well. Team needs will shift around year in and year out, but it's great that he seems capable of playing all forward positions well. He is a very versatile weapon going forward. If Stenlund, Texier, Thurkauf, or Vigneault develop quicker than expected, he can go where needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad