does PLD stay ?

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
It's pretty clear that he's staying. He probably won't put up a ton of points, but he looks better than both Wennberg and Johansen did in their rookie seasons - and he isn't stuck strictly to the 4th line. He is gonna contribute in a lot of different ways this year.

Also, with Torts preferring Jenner at wing, I think Dubois is the next man up at center. Maybe Schroeder could have the edge, but I think we will be seeing Dubois at center is again before the season reaches halfway point.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's pretty clear that he's staying. He probably won't put up a ton of points, but he looks better than both Wennberg and Johansen did in their rookie seasons - and he isn't stuck strictly to the 4th line. He is gonna contribute in a lot of different ways this year.

Also, with Torts preferring Jenner at wing, I think Dubois is the next man up at center. Maybe Schroeder could have the edge, but I think we will be seeing Dubois at center is again before the season reaches halfway point.
If he doesn't take it before next camp he's gonna get stuck on the wing because I have no doubt stenlund will be ready to steal a spot next season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
If he doesn't take it before next camp he's gonna get stuck on the wing because I have no doubt stenlund will be ready to steal a spot next season.

Stenlund still have a contract I wouldnt be 100% sure he take the spot but Abramov is playing center now so he might be the thief next year :p

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund still have a contract
Stenlund is done in Sweden after this season, and if his team is eliminated early from PO he will join Monsters this season already, and lol at Abramov playing center over Stenlund.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Stenlund is done in Sweden after this season, and if his team is eliminated early from PO he will join Monsters this season already, and lol at Abramov playing center over Stenlund.
not over stenlund. if stenlund stay in sweden since he does still have a contract next year.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
if stenlund stay in sweden since he does still have a contract next year.
I'm sorry, are you trying to say he's staying in Sweden for 2018-19 season because he still has a contract there?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I'm sorry, are you trying to say he's staying in Sweden for 2018-19 season because he still has a contract there?
yeah he might idk how he is committed to it why would he sign a 3 year contract and leave before the first year is over. he also signed his ELC just after so maybe hes coming but im sure he wont play in the ahl

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
yeah he might idk how he is committed to it why would he sign a 3 year contract and leave before the first year is over. but he also signed his ELC just after so maybe hes coming
He signed 2 years extension not 3 in 2015. He's on loan right now. He's free after this season. Both Jarmo and Stenlund said in Dev camp, that he will spend this one year in Sweden because he wants to play 1st line center, and then he will come here to fight for a spot.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
He signed 2 years extension not 3 in 2015. He's on loan right now. He's free after this season. Both Jarmo and Stenlund said in Dev camp, that he will spend this one year in Sweden because he wants to play 1st line center, and then he will come here to fight for a spot.

maybe I just confused the 3 years contract eliteprospect show is cbj one not hv71 one. hv71 is just one year for this year. I guess he's almost for sure then.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
maybe I just confused the 3 years contract eliteprospect show is cbj one not hv71 one. hv71 is just one year for this year. I guess he's almost for sure then.

I'm pretty sure they have out clauses where players can go to the NHL. And it's Jarmo so if anyone can get someone over here from overseas, it's him.

But like I said I have 0 doubt he'll be competing for a center spot next season. He looked better than anyone else on the ice at camp and took that right into his season.
He apparently was told to get himself a permanent residence here so I would say that answers the question.
That's good to hear, some players just have to go through it.

This is really the time where he needs to be down in the AHL getting all the playing time he can get, but a year in the NHL will definitely give him experience and then he can go down next year if he has to gain some top line experience.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Unfortunately he is going to stay, he still needs a lot of work but we have nobody of value to replace him with so there’s no choice.

PLD is going to end up being a very good player for us.. just wait until it all slows down for him. Jamie Benn like

Jamie Benn scored 41 pts his first year in the NHL, Dubois is on pace for 10. I hope you’re right but I think it is much more likely he turns out as a James Neal rather than a Benn. He’s young though, only time will tell.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Jamie Benn scored 41 pts his first year in the NHL, Dubois is on pace for 10. I hope you’re right but I think it is much more likely he turns out as a James Neal rather than a Benn. He’s young though, only time will tell.

Benn was older

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Benn was older
I get your point but

I don’t really care. W can make all the excuses we want but they both made the jump from CHL to NHL, Dubois has the size and is physically mature enough to be in the league, the dude said he could win the Calder last year..

Fact of the matter is he has 1 point in 9 games and people are thinking he is going to be Benn. What flashes of brilliance has he shown to ever be that? As far as I’m concerned he’s been meh and I have not seen the Elite skill in his game.

Benn PPG in CHL 1.37
Dubois PPG in CHL 1.21

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I get your point but

I don’t really care. W can make all the excuses we want but they both made the jump from CHL to NHL, Dubois has the size and is physically mature enough to be in the league, the dude said he could win the Calder last year..

Fact of the matter is he has 1 point in 9 games and people are thinking he is going to be Benn. What flashes of brilliance has he shown to ever be that? As far as I’m concerned he’s been meh and I have not seen the Elite skill in his game.

Benn PPG in CHL 1.37
Dubois PPG in CHL 1.21

I wasnt saying he's on benn level just saying maybe well see more of him next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad