HF Habs: Does anyone here think Bergevin truly has a plan to fix this team?

Is there a plan?

• Total voters

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
His plan is to stay hired. Harold Molson will keep him, he likes the plan.

Reactions: lo striver

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A real plan, no.

Is it possible he makes good moves ? Yes.

Its just impossible to have confidence in this guy. Bad moves, contradictory moves, seemingly ad hoc moves etc.

He could go out and land us a promising centre like Borgstrom, or he could sign Paul Stastny to a 7 year $49M contract.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Of course he has a plan. Whether people here would like his plan if they heard it is another question

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Signing Tavares is not a plan. It is a reactionary attempt to fix what has gone wrong. There is no way to plan for a player who may not even wind up becoming a UFA when all is said and done.

What management skills are needed when all you have to do is throw money at one of the best UFAs to come on the market in years, and that's assuming he even goes to market as you suggested. Buying a player can be a chore to Bergevin, however. I hope he learned something from his UFA dealings last year. He's shown he can throw many at a mediocre player but become arrogant and condescending on better players who don't put up with his posturing.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I will take the positive route and say he does have a plan and has learned from his mistakes of the past 6 years and will soon lead the Habs into the upper echelon of the league while being the GM other fan bases envy.

(I couldn't write that without laughing, but stranger things have happened.)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I will take the positive route and say he does have a plan and has learned from his mistakes of the past 6 years and will soon lead the Habs into the upper echelon of the league while being the GM other fan bases envy.

LOL

But didnt his foxhole buddy say "this is not a development league". That only applies to the players.

Reactions: McTusk

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

He must have eaten the entire bowl of lucky charms, and now he can magically do his job!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't doubt he has a plan, but I have a few questions for His Excellency: Is it a good plan? Because the plans you had over the last 6 years were not very good. And if they were good (how would we know, you either lie or treat us like 4 year olds) they were very poorly executed. Even if your next plan is good, will this one be well executed? Who will execute it, the same people? Why should we expect different results from the same bunch of people? What about your friends? Will they all still be there in september? Do they all deserve to stay? Come on Marc, wipe that smile off your face and answer the question. Do you seriously think Sylvain is doing a great job in Laval? Oh, really?? And JJ, do you think he's a good coach or do you blame him for not living up to your legendary quote that your D was better than last years'.

Marc, here's an example of why we're skeptical: 6 years of saying you need character, but you traded Subban and treated Radulov and Markov with arrogance and lost them. What was the plan there Marc? Do you even understand the words you're saying? Is the plan to get forwards from any position and play them at center? Now let's say you accidentely planned something good. That's excellent news. But is it to patch things up or to rebuild the team/farm? Because if it is to patch things up, that's not a good plan Marc. You have to rebuild what you destroyed. Crazy, right?

Plan is only as good as the guy making it. Six years later, do we really need more time to know what the plan will be?

We're all prepared to be sadly disappointed. That's the only way that something salvageable will happen at the end of this.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Signing Tavares is not a plan. It is a reactionary attempt to fix what has gone wrong. There is no way to plan for a player who may not even wind up becoming a UFA when all is said and done.
Even if he does become a free agent, he's not coming here. Right now we have 8.5% chance of getting Dahlin. I would say our odds are far worse in regards to JT.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Here’s what I do know. Bergevin has ONE year to do what he wants to keep his job. He’s going to do whatever it takes to improve this team so be ready for some big trades and shakeups coming down. I see Patches gone, HUGE offer to Tavares and trying to bring in a second line centre and PMD for Weber. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a huge turnaround for next year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Plan is only as good as the guy making it. Six years later, do we really need more time to know what the plan will be?

We're all prepared to be sadly disappointed. That's the only way that something salvageable will happen at the end of this.
Every summer, we move the goalposts for him, only to be more disappointed than last year, and the year before, and the year before............and so on...
Fire dat guy Geoff!! Put us all out of our misery...

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Bergevin's original plan was to build through the draft. That was 6 years ago and he failed MISERABLY at that. We have s*** all in the farm system. And the one blue chip player we did have was traded for a winger that MB tried to switch to centre.
Also a weird trade because Drouin is definitely not known as a karakter player.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Here’s what I do know. Bergevin has ONE year to do what he wants to keep his job. He’s going to do whatever it takes to improve this team so be ready for some big trades and shakeups coming down. I see Patches gone, HUGE offer to Tavares and trying to bring in a second line centre and PMD for Weber. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a huge turnaround for next year.
Great... so we are already f****** and now Bergevin has a full year to F- us even worse. Screw it ... lets head for the abyss. At least once we're there we have nowhere to go but up!

Reactions: shutehinside

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Of course he has a plan. As to what that plan is? I think he's going to surprise and rebuild. I think he trades Max and Price in the offseason.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Great... so we are already f****** and now Bergevin has a full year to F- us even worse. Screw it ... lets head for the abyss. At least once we're there we have nowhere to go but up!

Exactly. Be scared. He’s going to be like a wounded animal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad