HF Habs: Does anyone here think Bergevin truly has a plan to fix this team?

Is there a plan?

• Total voters

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I do

the problem is its BEEN his plan for 6 years...so is this new plan a continuation of the old plan or s it a new plan to get a bunch of centers and whatnot

either way, we need someone new with a plan, not someone old with a new plan trying to fix his old plan..

we'll see what happens

Reactions: Pickles and McTusk

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I do

the problem is its BEEN his plan for 6 years...so is this new plan a continuation of the old plan or s it a new plan to get a bunch of centers and whatnot

either way, we need someone new with a plan, not someone old with a new plan trying to fix his old plan..

we'll see what happens
A plan. What is a plan? I'm sure berge never ever had a plan. He's been trying to come up with one for the past 6 years and it's 6 years overdue.
Marc Bergevin the Man without a Plan.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I’m sure he does. Problem is whatever plan he has likely doesn’t vary to far in direction away from the one that failed. It’s pretty clear what his image of a good team is after 6 years and that is a dated and flawed way to build a team.

Reactions: Legend123

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Plan.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I definitely believe he has a plan. I have serious doubts that:

a) he can execute his plan; and
b) his plan is any good.
I agree with half of your post, can he execute the plan.....I’m sure he has one but he’s gotta be spot on, he needs to execute it with surgical precision......we'll see

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Unless he has a general plan to go full on rebuild, which I highly doubt but would clearly indicate something, it is impossible to actually have a "plan", like in a retool, you don't decide if the free agents will accept your offers or not, you don't decide if the other GMs will accept your trade offers, you can't even plan around who you will pick because of the lottery.

Let's say his plan is to trade Price for a 1/2C, no guarantee he get a player he is satisfied with and pull the trigger.

Saying he has a plan is just a PR move to look like someone who knows what he is doing (not that he really had the choice to say otherwise). Anyone who look at his statement with some sort of relevancy is fooling himself imo.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I don't doubt he has a plan, but I have a few questions for His Excellency: Is it a good plan? Because the plans you had over the last 6 years were not very good. And if they were good (how would we know, you either lie or treat us like 4 year olds) they were very poorly executed. Even if your next plan is good, will this one be well executed? Who will execute it, the same people? Why should we expect different results from the same bunch of people? What about your friends? Will they all still be there in september? Do they all deserve to stay? Come on Marc, wipe that smile off your face and answer the question. Do you seriously think Sylvain is doing a great job in Laval? Oh, really?? And JJ, do you think he's a good coach or do you blame him for not living up to your legendary quote that your D was better than last years'.

Marc, here's an example of why we're skeptical: 6 years of saying you need character, but you traded Subban and treated Radulov and Markov with arrogance and lost them. What was the plan there Marc? Do you even understand the words you're saying? Is the plan to get forwards from any position and play them at center? Now let's say you accidentely planned something good. That's excellent news. But is it to patch things up or to rebuild the team/farm? Because if it is to patch things up, that's not a good plan Marc. You have to rebuild what you destroyed. Crazy, right?

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
His plan is obviously to get Tavares

Thats not a plan. A plan involves actions you can control.

Here are examples of aspects the GM can control and build a plan around:

- Hiring a coach who will implement a defense-first mentality.
- Focus drafting on players with certain skillsets; skating, physical toughness, puck control, etc
- Trading a player, no matter what price you get in return.

Winning the lottery is not a retirement "plan".

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad