HF Habs: Does anyone here think Bergevin truly has a plan to fix this team?

Is there a plan?

• Total voters

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The first plan was the ''building through the draft'' plan

the second was the ''grit and character plan''.

The third plan was the ''Let's go all in plan''

The fourth plan is the '' Let's do like everyone else and get younger, faster and more skilled ...OH by the way, did you notice how young we are? I bet I can get tavares and make you all eat crow '' plan

Reactions: dinodebino

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Let's be honest. He didn't think Montreal was a playoff team when he came in as GM in 2012. It's 2018 and he's finally right. Now he can finally GM the team properly!
It was his plan all along!!! That's why he told us we wouldn't understand even if he told us!!!!
200w.webp

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
He had a plan to improve the team before the playoffs last year... fail. He had a plan to improve the team in the summer... massive fail. Only reason he has a job is because Molson needlessly extended him for so many years. They should eat the cost of firing him and replacing him with someone better. Future revenue from a team that could actually go deep in the playoffs with a better GM would offset the cost of keeping him employed since he has clearly demonstrated he has no clue how to build an actual winner.

Reactions: BLONG7

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He had a plan to improve the team before the playoffs last year... fail. He had a plan to improve the team in the summer... massive fail. Only reason he has a job is because Molson needlessly extended him for so many years. They should eat the cost of firing him and replacing him with someone better. Future revenue from a team that could actually go deep in the playoffs with a better GM would offset the cost of keeping him employed since he has clearly demonstrated he has no clue how to build an actual winner.

Agreed. His tiresome cliches and repeated sayings get on my nerves a ton. He dresses like a 55 year old man having a mid life crises and speaks terrible frenglish. He needs to go and is actively hurting the team by hiding behind a mysterious plan that still do this day is unknown.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wait, why did I think he's 27? haha. I guess I meant 28 but still 29 shocks me. I thought he was 2 drafts away from Price.

Then **** it, trade him too.

He was 2 drafts away from Price. Price was 2005 & Pacioretty 2007, but Pacioretty is a November birthday so he was almost 19 by the time he was drafted.

I can see Pacioretty getting to 20+ goals over the next 4 years. Not sure after that. Hands can be the first to go.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Larry Robinson could've been an assistant coach for the Canadiens but Bergevin prefered his buddy Jean-Jacques.

Let that sink in.

Truely, nepotism is everywhere.
The Canadiens are turning into a joke like the Coyotes country club from 05 to 09. It's truely pathetic.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Year End presser is going to be special...............more excuses, and arrogance I am sure...MB making us a littery team again, one year at a time...all the while keeping people convinced he knows what he is doing....Geoff Molson is a bigger moron than Bergevin.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Year End presser is going to be special...............more excuses, and arrogance I am sure...MB making us a littery team again, one year at a time...all the while keeping people convinced he knows what he is doing....Geoff Molson is a bigger moron than Bergevin.

"when you lose a player of shea weber calibre, it's tough to make the playoffs"
"tampa missed the playoffs last year and did better this year, it can happen."
"I believe in this group"

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Everyone is on the tank train, with this disaster of a season it would be great if the Habs landed that 1st overall pick. I am disgusted however that Bergevin is gonna get the opportunity to rebuild the team that he has dismantled in spectacular fashion, how low have the standards of the Canadiens fallen? He doesn't deserve this opportunity and it sickens me, please Geoff have a change of heart and fire this clown!

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
What a great swerve it would be the day after WrestleMania :sarcasm: if it was announced Bergevin is indeed fired.

Patrick Roy runs down to the ring with a Money in the Bank briefcase. Half the people boo expecting Julien BriseBois but he's still under contract with New Japan and doesn't want to leave.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
"when you lose a player of shea weber calibre, it's tough to make the playoffs"
"tampa missed the playoffs last year and did better this year, it can happen."
"I believe in this group"
Rinse, and repeat...

Curious to see if the media, will throw some fastballs his way in the season ender press conf? Maybe the VP of Communications knew, he could no longer block the questions, and save MB's ego?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad