Confirmed with Link: Doc Emrick Retires

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
When I reiterate that us Devils fans who grew up in the 90s-2000s were spoiled beyond belief, another major reason beyond the on-ice success was to call Doc our guy for as long as we did.

It was easy to take him for granted on our local broadcasts until someone was filling in for him. You then realized how special of a talent he was. It’s incredible to think what an even better person he is. Getting to have met him is a blessing, the man is naturally as happy and charming as he comes across on TV. He’s a true gem and became the voice of this game in the US.

Happy trails Doc, you deserve the best. Hopefully we’ll see him in whatever capacity we can related to the Devils sometime down the line.

Last edited:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
God I would give almost anything to be there for the 95 win.
Cost me just $275 to get inside. It would have cost just the price of the ticket but I made a wrong choice, my brother had tickets for all three games of 1995 Finals but told me my brother-in-law would have to go to one game so I choose to go to Game 1 and Game 6 thinking there was no chance of us sweeping, was I ever wrong, so I cashed in my whole paycheck and went up early and scalped a tix.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Cost me just $275 to get inside. It would have cost just the price of the ticket but I made a wrong choice, my brother had tickets for all three games of 1995 Finals but told me my brother-in-law would have to go to one game so I choose to go to Game 1 and Game 6 thinking there was no chance of us sweeping, was I ever wrong, so I cashed in my whole paycheck and went up early and scalped a tix.
I was not even 10 yet so I wouldn't have been able to do that but if there ever is a development in time travel, I'd go there I think first stop.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i remember a before a game against the penguins a few years back, they honored him for something or other. i got a chance to talk to him after the game, he was the nicest guy. feels like he should have retired a few years ago, but hey that must be a tough gig to walk away from. hope he enjoys retirement

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
One of my all time favorite Doc calls:

That just depresses me. I miss the old days when we were competitive and had Doc calling all our games. The goal song, the players... I actually remember their jersey numbers more than I do the numbers of the current guys. I'm not sure if it's because the current players are unmemorable or it's just old age/loss of short term memory.

Anyway, enjoy your retirement Doc. I'm actually kind of glad he moved on to the national broadcasts. It kind of weened me off of him and gave me time to adjust to a life of hockey without Doc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad