Do You Want The Sedins To Return Next Season?

Do You Want The Sedins To Return Next Season?

• Total voters

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Ultimately, it doesn't matter that much on a 1 year deal if we are going young and not against the cap. I'd like them around to teach the new Swedish first liners....
Teach what? Their cycle game is unique to them and theyre ineffective at it now. 3 years in a row at the bottom,4 of the last 5 so Im not really convinced there is a leadership advantage.... Daniel had one good 10 game burst this year, Henrik hasnt scored since November. Thanks guys, but its time....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to say that this 'mentoring' thing is dramatically overrated....The Canucks don't need 'guys who are good in the room'....they need guys who are 'good on the ice'.....I get the fact that the Sedins set an example with their approach to preparation and conditioning, but at the end of the day each young player has to find their own road.

For example, all of that mentoring of Virtanen by Willie and Sedins didn't really amount to a hill of beans last year.....He had to go to Utica and get some 'tough love' from Travis Green. I suppose there's a chance Henrik and Daniel could help Elias Pettersson, but first has to come in here and actually make the team.

There no easy way to say it....but the Canucks have to roll the dice with younger guys next year, and hopefully do it in front of Demko. I mean how can you be any worse than 30th-31st?

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Time to move on. The team cant get any worse than it is, so might as well let Horvat and Co take the reigns to create the new culture.

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
Teach what? Their cycle game is unique to them and theyre ineffective at it now. 3 years in a row at the bottom,4 of the last 5 so Im not really convinced there is a leadership advantage.... Daniel had one good 10 game burst this year, Henrik hasnt scored since November. Thanks guys, but its time....

LOL - this fckuin forum these days....

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Canucks get PP
Score
Turning point of game
Canucks win the SC

If the ref makes the right call people would be mocking Marchand and praising sedin's restraint.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The game was 5-2 with 1:30 left. The Canucks power play had been shut down all series.

Daniel literally had nothing to loose by sticking up for himself. He didn't even have to drop his gloves or throw a punch. Just do something! Slash him or grab onto him, anything but just stand there and take punch after punch.

Kessel isn't a tough guy or fighter but when someone tries to push him around he uses his stick.

The Sedins are great players but this moment was embarrassing. I don't see how people can defend it.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The game was 5-2 with 1:30 left. The Canucks power play had been shut down all series.

Daniel literally had nothing to loose by sticking up for himself. He didn't even have to drop his gloves or throw a punch. Just do something! Slash him or grab onto him, anything but just stand there and take punch after punch.

Kessel isn't a tough guy or fighter but when someone tries to push him around he uses his stick.

The Sedins are great players but this moment was embarrassing. I don't see how people can defend it.

It’s going toward a decade now. It’ll be okay, lil buddy.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You know, the sad thing is that many posters want the Sedins to return only because they're petrified about what Jimbo and his pro scouts might do with the extra $14m in cap space......Signings like Eriksson and trades for guys like Sutter and Gudbranson, as well as six UFA signings last summer from the NHL bargain bin, has totally eroded the confidence of the Canuck faithful.

So if the Sedins don't return....say hello to Evander Kane and maybe a few other big-ticket signings. Basically you're going to have to overpay to get any UFA's to come to VanCity....so buckle up if Henrik and Daniel pack it in.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
beyond just idiot-proofing benning's summer, i do think the sedins would be good for pettersson and dahlen, should those two guys make the team next year. sure, the sedins aren't impact players anymore, but they are wise old guys who understand the pro game at a high level and can show the youngsters a lot of tricks. i mean, do you think brandon sutter is going to teach pettersson how to beat defensemen in this league?

and the sedins are also by all accounts in fantastic shape and are very dedicated to preparation, even if the results on the ice are pretty underwhelming these days. they also know what it is to come into the league as overmatched little weaklings and what it takes to put on a competitive NHL body. and i know swedish rookies are generally much more low-maintenance than most other young europeans, but it can't be a bad thing to put both of those kids up in swedish households.

in what is almost certainly another write-off year, i think it helps more than hurts. but then that's also up to travis green. if he can't help himself and runs

baertschi horvat boeser
sedin sedin eriksson
granlund gagner leipsic
dowd sutter archibald

then i'd rather have the sedins not back and open up a space for some combination of pettersson, dahlen, and virtanen, gaunce, and goldobin if any of them survive the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad