Do You Want The Sedins To Return Next Season?

Do You Want The Sedins To Return Next Season?

• Total voters

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I will puke if the come back and make more than 4m in total
I voted No
What makes me crazy is that most fans still they are top 6 forwards
They get the easiest minutes and tons of offensive zone start, still only on pace for 30s~40 points, the worst part is that they get eaten alive 5 on 5

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No thanks. Feel this team is stuck in a weird limbo until we move on from the Sedins. It may not get “better” right away but long term I think it lets the team forge whatever new identity they need to forge. As long as they are here it is going to remain their team and their identity.

Thanks for all the fish, now it’s time to turn the page.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Thanks for your pt accomplishments, but its time to move on. Theyve taken a big step back since the start of the year, really uninspired play and leadership right now. Cant imagine what theyll be like after another full season of this.

Create a hole and see who steps up to fill it, the worst that happens is we fall from 29th to 30th/31st

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Having them on the roster does what? 4th worst record in the NHL.

It's been 3rd, 2nd, and now 4th worst. How much can they fall without them?

This franchise has gotten what it deserves when they put two players ahead of the franchise.

We all wanted to wins cup with the twins. Reality was when they didn't have enough to surround the twins to win it these past four years.

Time to finally move on. But, in think they need a new GM to just say no, even if the twins want to come back.

Cause this management group would take them back.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
I'm okay with bringing them back. I just hope we have a management group that doesn't use them as an excuse for their executive failures. The Sedins can still be a useful part of a NHL team, but shouldn't be put before the well being of the team.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
The worst part is management seems to be letting them call the shots. Linden has said repeatedly its up to them if they return and that they are Canucks as long as they want to be. Also used them as an excuse to not start a rebuild years ago. Signing Eriksson was also a direct result of trying to find them a winger.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I honestly hope they retire and it's not an ugly separation. But I'm ready for the next era to begin and that won't happen while they're still here.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
It's not like this team is ready for anything next year nor would they be stealing spots from anybody. Pettersson may be ready for the NHL right away but he'll carve his own niche when he's ready even with the Sedins lingering around. Honestly wouldn't mind them back on a one year deal. It's better than scouring the free agent market bargain bin for the likes of Gagner, Del Zotto, and Burmistrov.

While we all give Benning a hard time about mentors mentoring mentors for mentorship roles, the Sedins are really the only two people who I think this applies to. Constantly the hardest workers, exemplary in the community, and can teach the younguns how to lick that peanut butter off some fingers.

That all said, I wouldn't be upset to see them go. Would be the official start of the Horvat era

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
The worst part is management seems to be letting them call the shots. Linden has said repeatedly its up to them if they return and that they are Canucks as long as they want to be. Also used them as an excuse to not start a rebuild years ago. Signing Eriksson was also a direct result of trying to find them a winger.

Blaming the twins for the front office mess? This is a new low.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
It's not like this team is ready for anything next year nor would they be stealing spots from anybody. Pettersson may be ready for the NHL right away but he'll carve his own niche when he's ready even with the Sedins lingering around. Honestly wouldn't mind them back on a one year deal. It's better than scouring the free agent market bargain bin for the likes of Gagner, Del Zotto, and Burmistrov.

While we all give Benning a hard time about mentors mentoring mentors for mentorship roles, the Sedins are really the only two people who I think this applies to. Constantly the hardest workers, exemplary in the community, and can teach the younguns how to lick that peanut butter off some fingers.

That all said, I wouldn't be upset to see them go. Would be the official start of the Horvat era

Totally agree. The Sedins are not greedy as is witnessed by their contributions of over $1 million to the Children's Hospital and, likely, other charities. They will not require a huge chunk of cash to sign here. They are still the 3rd and 4th leading scorers on the team so would need to be replaced by someone....not just young guys like Edmonton did for many years...how did that work out for them? They are superb role models and when your next significant prospect also happens to be Swedish, well, it is a no brainer to have them around to guide Elias along as he begins his journey in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: billvanseattle

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just going to paste this from the GDT:

I think the twins COULD be still effective, but THEY now NEED a player like Hansen. Someone with speed who is good defensively who can get back quick and slow down the other team. A puck retriever with finish. We don't have anything like that. They use to be able to carry a line with whoever played with them, now they NEED major help.

They aren't bad in the half-court game, but they don't have the speed in transition or the quickness to go and get pucks.

Having said that, I don't think it is that easy. It depends what other changes the team can make. Honestly if we can get rid of Eriksson, Sutter, Granlund, and a bunch of other dead weight, I would. I think the twins still have something to show and give, but this team is just so messed up, there is probably not a spot for them.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not only that the a large portion of the wasted draft picks was to accelerate a retool so they could be a part of a winner again.

They are a part of the problem now.

*Not good 5v5
*Sponge all the prime Ozone starts and still leave their winger and defenseman chasing after players and pucks.
*Holding back the new generation from taking hold of this team
*And most importantly, setting up our Coaches for being unable to implement accountability and merit based reward system

The only position they don't hurt us is as 4th liners that play PP but we all know that this won't happen and they will get ridiculous sums of money based on reputation and mutual respect from ownership and management. 1040 was beating this around last week and were saying 4-5 million without a doubt....for 38yr olds that have to be sheltered...NO THANKS

Take 2-2.5 each on a 1yr deal to play on a 4th line so i don't have to watch Dowd Gaunce and Boucher....I can live with that

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I truly can't invest in this team making a playoff run until they are gone. It doesn't feel like it is leading towards future success.

They don't shelter anyone and get baby soft minutes. Younger players act like they are just supposed to get the sedins the puck which creates predictability.

The management not being able to move forward and making decisions based on what they want to do also hurts us.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
The team is absolutely going to be total garbage next season, hopefully because a new GM is unloading as many Benning acquisitions as possible and hoarding picks. No reason not to bring the twins back for another season in those circumstances.

Reactions: cc and Kreator

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I wouldn't be bothered if they want to come back. In my opinion the problem isn't the Sedin's taking up roster space, it's the other overpaid vets like Sutter, Gagner, and Eriksson. While we have the option of losing the Sedin's here I don't think they're really blocking anyone just yet.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Blaming the twins for the front office mess? This is a new low.

I never said that.

Its not the twins fault that management caters to them.

The reality is that Linden and Benning have made numerous comments regarding the Sedins calling their shots,how a rebuild isn't fair to the Sedins, how the twins are Canucks for as long as they want to be, how they need to know the Sedins long term plans before they can formulate a strategy for the trade deadline, etc.....

I'm not blaming the Twins for the front office mess, thats on the front office.

Its just time for a change, if a new management team comes in this offseason the last thing I want to hear from them is any indication that they need to run their plans by the Sedins

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Wait until after July 1st. The Sedins played their cards, they don't want to play for a different team, and our management owes it to our fans to see what else is on the market, or at least the direction the draft sends us in. Due diligence has never been a strong suit of this management team, but there's really no reason to sign them as soon as possible. It's why I'm flabbergasted by the reports coming out in the media how we want them to make a decision before the trade deadline. Benning holds the cards here, if the Sedins retire or sign elsewhere, it's not like we're going to be an exponentially worse off team. And if they want to come back and after combing through free agency we decide it's probably for the best, then sign them.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
images-1.jpeg

Time for this franchise to move on and close that chapter.

It's Bo's and Brock's team now

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Probably because even if they're bad, any alternative is probably worse. We don't need Eriksson moving up the depth chart. Unless I'm convinced we'll use the cap space efficiently you may as well have them in a depth role.

Reactions: racerjoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->