Proposal: Do you want Chara back?

Do you want Chara back?

• Total voters

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Can you afford to carry a dman who will only be effective in PK or final minute situations? He’ll play like 7 minutes a night

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yes, but only if cleared by this leadership group. Absolutely would take Chara back as the depth defenseman he is to add size and toughness. If his shadow will be a distraction then unfortunately not.

Reactions: bruins19

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yes, but only if cleared by this leadership group. Absolutely would take Chara back as the depth defenseman he is to add size and toughness. If his shadow will be a distraction then unfortunately not.

I think that's a reasonable stance. I don't think Z is much better than anything they have now, but the size and net general factor is something this team needs desperately. He could prove to be a worthy option to slot in for specific playoff opponents as well

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I’m far less concerned about the locker room than I am his on-ice effectiveness. We need a top 4 dman right now, not another 6/7 dman. This kind of acquisition is old school Bruins…distract the fans with a known name who isn’t going to actually solve the problem.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I do not like this thread its alot of why Z is no good or we want him just to fight.He deserves better here for them great years.:welcome:.

The quickest way to preserve his legacy around here is stop talking about him coming back. If he wasn't going to stay here in the role he has since played in Washington or in LI, then why would he come back to play an even lesser one?

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The quickest way to preserve his legacy around here is stop talking about him coming back. If he wasn't going to stay here in the role he has since played in Washington or in LI, then why would he come back to play an even lesser one?
Maybe he had to go through the Washington and Islanders situation to truly grasp that he isn’t what he once was ? I guess it all depends on Chara’s mindset at the moment. I doubt he comes back though.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe he had to go through the Washington and Islanders situation to truly grasp that he isn’t what he once was ? I guess it all depends on Chara’s mindset at the moment. I doubt he comes back though.

Honestly, I don't really want to see him as a shell of what he was. That was starting to happen at the end here, and it was kind of sad to watch. I'd prefer for him not to go out that way in front of all of us who have so many great memories of what he did as a Bruin.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Honestly, I don't really want to see him as a shell of what he was. That was starting to happen at the end here, and it was kind of sad to watch. I'd prefer for him not to go out that way in front of all of us who have so many great memories of what he did as a Bruin.
Bingo.Hopefully a team (not Boston sorry)gives him one last playoff run and next time we see him the rafters await :thumbu:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
For various reasons, as noted previously, I doubt this will happen.

I'd take Z back in a second, age and present limitations understood.

I love the Big Man, and look forward to his retirement ceremony, raising #33 to the rafters, and thunderous, sustained, richly deserved applause.

For many years, as is typical of this town and its fan base, many were slow to recognize Zdeno's ridiculous work ethic and comittment to fitness, intellgent, physical play, shutdown prowess, offensive contribution, and sterling leadership.

By all counts, also a fabulous human being.

We shall not, as they say, see his like again.

I hope Chara returns to Boston and continues to call the North End home, even as he returns to his FLA redoubt and Slovak home roots.

Big Z.

Last edited:

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well the fairy tale side of me wants them to bring him back as 7th man on the D depth chart (maybe the Islanders even retain half his small salary and basically make the trade as a favour to him), he functions as a leader and off ice almost assistant coach, but we manage to go on a cup run and he gets to play bottom pair for a game or two somewhere, maybe beats the crap our of Maroon or somebody along the way (cause we ain't as tough as we used to be sadly) and somehow gets to retire a Bruin cup champion. But ya, it's a dream scenario. I think he missed his perfect exit moment in game 7 against St. Louis .
A top 4 D man would be a better plan, BUT if we manage to land a top 2C or something to complete the offense and that prohibits the real D add, then he might fill the hole as a depth guy along with that.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
On a one-day retirement contract? Yes absolutely.

Otherwise, I love the guy but...

no-noooo.gif

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
100%! He would not help us in any way. He makes Carlo look like Ray Bourque. Hard no from me unless it's with the coaching staff.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad