Proposal: Do you want Chara back?

Do you want Chara back?

• Total voters

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
What happens when you bring him in for a defensive end faceoff and we get pinned down by an aggressive forecheck?
Don't think he won't get targeted. His lack of speed and quickness is a liability.
In the modern game, being able to make decisive, quick and accurate breakout passes is the difference between well built D cores on winners and D cores on also-rans.
No point of bringing another D-man who needs sheltering.
We already have a surplus of bottom pairing D-men.
Z has has a great career, and he has earned the right to play as long as he can land an NHL job.
We need to stay the course and groom some deserving younger players like Ahcan, Zboril and Vaak.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
No, I love the man and how he competed game in and game out as a Bruin, but for today I want some one as mean and nasty as Chara but one who can play 20 - 25 minutes a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Shocked by how many folks want him back to play. Makes no sense, given how exposed he was in the last few playoff series they had when he was here.
agreed, as desperate as I am to see this team have some balls, just can`t go about it this way

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You can dress 7 dmen so you would probably run
4C and 7W A few times to see how he plays. I would
give up a 6 or 7 round pick and use him in a role of
7th dman like against STL coming up.

That could possibly work in theory but I think Chara would just retire rather than accept such a limited, off the bench role. Don't see it appealing to him at all.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Don't want him back. Let him sign a one day contract to retire a Bruin when he's done and leave it at that

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
Dude is slow into the corners, slow to decide, and invariably flips it up the glass to their point, and then parks in front of the net. We don't need that.

Love Chara, but he's too slow to help.

MPL56

Apr 27, 2021
I’d take him for depth. Some of our midget d-men will no doubt get hurt in the playoffs. Give the Isles a 5th, nothing more.

Reactions: Gordoff

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
No, let's try to rectify our ongoing issues and move on. Chara and Looch are not going to move the needle for the current roster or the future.

Do not waste the time.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think it’d a waste of an asset because he’d end up riding the pine when it mattered

not necessarily because he’s bad but because Bruce wouldn’t use him, doesn’t fit what he’s trying to do night n and out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad