Proposal: Do you want Chara back?

Do you want Chara back?

• Total voters

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Felger just posed the question, so here we go.

Assume bottom pairing, limited minutes, end of game situations defending a lead.

Having a D play limited minutes is like having one injured. It causes the rest to overwork....

Love the big guy. But the Bruins are already on a different direction (speed from the backend)

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
As a third line D, yes. The Bruins need Chara's size and leadership down the stretch because Forbort hasn't fit the bill. Chara actually uses his size where Forbort doesn't and it shows. Especially in front of the Bruins' net when playing in crunch time, with the past three games being an example.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What's the downside in getting him? He can sit in the pressbox; maybe fill in for a few games to see how he looks.

The PK cost the Bruins the series against the Islanders last year and he's still an great PK player and a guy who can help to close out leads in the final 30 seconds (which is something they evidently need).

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
gryz mcavoy
Chychrun carlo
chara clifton

I think that could work.
removes reilly and forbort

Hes cheap, so I like the move.
Would allow us to go after a decent forward as well.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Why would we waste any assets on a bottom pair Left D

if he was a RD I’d consider it cause we have no depth at RD

top 4
Grzelcyk

Bottom pair
Reilly
Forbort
Vaakanien
Moore

we have 4 bottom pair LDs on the roster

we don’t need another

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Would love to have him back as depth if used right.

Unfortunately, just have this assumption, Cassidy would over use him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Hes +3 on the Isles this year.
Only minus 1 year in his whole career.
He would be our best pker off the bat. He would help us close out games.
If we can get him cheap its a no brainer.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Why would we waste any assets on a bottom pair Left D

if he was a RD I’d consider it cause we have no depth at RD

top 4
Grzelcyk

Bottom pair
Reilly
Forbort
Vaakanien
Moore

we have 4 bottom pair LDs on the roster

we don’t need another

That's my thinking too. I like Clifton but the Bruins need a bigger meaner more experienced 3RD. Forbort is fine on the left and I see no point in moving him on at present. So love Big Z but no thanks.

Plus returns in sport almost never work and tend to end up just being miserable codas to a career that don't benefit anybody. I don't want to see that happen to Chara. As they say, 'you can't go home again'. Best to just leave this one be.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I think his presence on the ice alone would help the guys play with more confidence. He comes in and plays 15~ minutes a night and he could get Gryz and Reilly off the PK and allow Mc to get some rest and not have to play 25 minutes. Your PK becomes Chara, Forbot and Carlo with Mc filling in for some lighter minutes when needed. Vaak comes back and isn't dealt you can run 8 NHL dmen and have a couple on the back burner if needed.

McAvoy
Carlo
Gryz
Vaak
Chara
Forbort
Reilly
Clifton

Ahcan
Lewington
Moore

Unless Vaak or Reilly are dealt that should be a solid group for the playoffs. I've heard the name Luke Schenn thrown around also whom I think would be a great swap with Clifton if they don't go for Chara or another bigger body dman. Don't know what he'd cost or if Vancouver are considered sellers just yet but without doing much research he's a good option for a RHD with size.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That's my thinking too. I like Clifton but the Bruins need a bigger meaner more experienced 3RD. Forbort is fine on the left and I see no point in moving him on at present. So love Big Z but no thanks.

Plus returns in sport almost never work and tend to end up just being miserable codas to a career that don't benefit anybody. I don't want to see that happen to Chara. As they say, 'you can't go home again'. Best to just leave this one be.

You can dress 7 dmen so you would probably run
4C and 7W A few times to see how he plays. I would
give up a 6 or 7 round pick and use him in a role of
7th dman like against STL coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad