Do you think you would have outperformed Dorion?

Dorion vs You

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Some pretty deluded people in here. Dorion is far from the worst GM in history. Talk about hyper-bole. How many of you genius GM are going to be in the playoffs when you are in the midst of a total tear down? Oh no we never made the playoffs for 5 whole years... cue the drama queens.

The past two years are unprecedented with Covid kinda spoiling things, so I personally don't hold them against Dorion at all.

As far as restocking the team anew, well so far it's actually starting to look like a fun, entertaining, hard hitting team. so again, credit to Dorion for sticking by his picks and not the crowds favorites.

Is he perfect? Nope, Are you?

Funny how every one in hockey is talking about how the Sens are looking like they are a team on the rise. How can that be if Dorion is such a tool? Let me guess... "Lucky"??

Can't wait for next season to start already!!! After all We R A Team right?
If you can keep your job burning top 10 picks on mistakes then I think most people with basic hockey knowledge could give him a run for his money. There has been a few absolute doozies of very very bad trades and signings. Dorion has more lives than a cat.

I'm changing my vote.
I finally voted. Didnt want to touch it but this recent news has me convinced it wouldnt be that difficult. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with him.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Some pretty deluded people in here. Dorion is far from the worst GM in history. Talk about hyper-bole. How many of you genius GM are going to be in the playoffs when you are in the midst of a total tear down? Oh no we never made the playoffs for 5 whole years... cue the drama queens.

The past two years are unprecedented with Covid kinda spoiling things, so I personally don't hold them against Dorion at all.

As far as restocking the team anew, well so far it's actually starting to look like a fun, entertaining, hard hitting team. so again, credit to Dorion for sticking by his picks and not the crowds favorites.

Is he perfect? Nope, Are you?

Funny how every one in hockey is talking about how the Sens are looking like they are a team on the rise. How can that be if Dorion is such a tool? Let me guess... "Lucky"??

Can't wait for next season to start already!!! After all We R A Team right?
Guy just tried to give up the 7thOA pick to get out of a contract he signed a guy to before that guy played a single game for the sens, after trading a 2nd in no bidding war for a player the other team no longer wanted. Do you still feel the same way you felt when you made this post ?

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
and it's a no... none of us ACGM knows whats going on being the scene... there's only 1 or maybe 2 posters here on the Sens board that I consider as knowledgeable and actually follows (I'd wish to have a Bobby Margerita on here)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
and it's a no... none of us ACGM knows whats going on being the scene... there's only 1 or maybe 2 posters here on the Sens board that I consider as knowledgeable and actually follows (I'd wish to have a Bobby Margerita on here)

It is fascinating though.

The Murray thing DID happen. Then the DeBrincat thing. Very strange.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Its hilarious, sad, and ironic that the same folks who say yes in here, also happen to be the same people that will remember this day more for the murray (non) trade than they will as the one we got ADB.

Dorion just murdered the Hawks in cold blood. Fact. But its still easier for some people to continue to believe that he just tripped over his over wanker and landed on a horseshoe right in the middle of his ass cheeks...

Even going all the way back to the Heatley trade - we have never paid so little for such a high caliber player thats just scratched the surface of their prime years. A prime Heatley cost us an eventual hall of famer that beat him in the long game. Ryan cost a small fortune of great assets that we most certainly would have kept in hindsight. Duchene too obviously.

We just got the best forward that was available in the entire NHL, and we paid what amounts to a joke of a price for team like Ottawa. This is a trade that a luxurious destination team receives... not us. Not like this...

Like Chicago could have literally taken one of at least 5 or 6 players as a sweetener - and Dorion should have been shot dead if that was a deal breaker....

But they didnt get any of them, not even a Sokolov ffs.... that has to open some eyes here.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Its hilarious, sad, and ironic that the same folks who say yes in here, also happen to be the same people that will remember this day more for the murray (non) trade than they will as the one we got ADB.

Dorion just murdered the Hawks in cold blood. Fact. But its still easier for some people to continue to believe that he just tripped over his over wanker and landed on a horseshoe right in the middle of his ass cheeks...

Even going all the way back to the Heatley trade - we have never paid so little for such a high caliber player thats just scratched the surface of their prime years. A prime Heatley cost us an eventual hall of famer that beat him in the long game. Ryan cost a small fortune of great assets that we most certainly would have kept in hindsight. Duchene too obviously.

We just got the best forward that was available in the entire NHL, and we paid what amounts to a joke of a price for team like Ottawa. This is a trade that a luxurious destination team receives... not us. Not like this...

Like Chicago could have literally taken one of at least 5 or 6 players as a sweetener - and Dorion should have been shot dead if that was a deal breaker....

But they didnt get any of them, not even a Sokolov ffs.... that has to open some eyes here.

Truly an unbelievable trade. I literally couldn't believe it and was running around my home when I heard we got him. When I actually saw what we gave up, I was stunned for several minutes. Unbelievable to get a 3 time 40 goal guy at just 24 years old for what we did. Just unbelievable; I still can't believe it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Guy just tried to give up the 7thOA pick to get out of a contract he signed a guy to before that guy played a single game for the sens, after trading a 2nd in no bidding war for a player the other team no longer wanted. Do you still feel the same way you felt when you made this post ?

I think that rumour has been put to bed. Clearly that wasn’t happening. Any interest in changing your vote?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I finally voted. Didnt want to touch it but this recent news has me convinced it wouldnt be that difficult. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with him.
Of course you would be better than him! Not!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Of course you would be better than him! Not!
Hind sight is easy eh. I voted after they had reportedly used the pick to dump contracts. Way to dig this up though. Do you plan on digging up absolutely everyone else that voted or commented or only me?... 'Not'... haha

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Was the question would you do better than GMPD shining moments or do better than his entire track record?

Short term memory is s good defense mechanism to block out traumatic events.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hind sight is easy eh. I voted after they had reportedly used the pick to dump contracts. Way to dig this up though. Do you plan on digging up absolutely everyone else that voted or commented or only me?... 'Not'... haha
I get where you're coming from.

One of the things I've learned about the NHL is don't believe SFA until it actually happens. There's so many rumours and so many talking heads looking to be relevant.

The dump Murray rumours were awful. A day later a killer trade.

Anyway.... We have one heck of a season to look forward to. I've got 1st row 200s to 12 games as of right now. And I'll be adding here and there as we go. I'm jacked

Reactions: bert

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I "dug this up" from your comment from earlier this morning! If you had of said this 2 months ago you might have been correct. Not now!

• Wow
Reactions: bert and Sweatred

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Personally I have no problem with people being held accountable for what they post.

We often tend to throw heavy words around these days as though we’re experts, and others are idiots, but as soon as we’re shown to be wrong the words all of a sudden mean nothing and folks get angry that their past opinions were even brought up.

People were willing to die on those hills, but now, how dare you bring it up! Lol…

Anyways, just quirky anonymous internet behaviour, not trying to pick on people individually, no one likes their mistakes brought up, and lord knows I make my fair share. It’s good to face the facts sometimes though, good for introspection, good for the soul :)

This season is way to exciting to get bogged down now though, in my opinion. I can’t wait for the puck to drop!

Reactions: Sweatred

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I'm sticking with yes as my answer with regard to Dorion's performance while Eugene was still alive. It's impossible for me to know how many bad decisions were a direct result of ownership interference so my answer may be delusional.. As far as Dorion's performance this off season I have to say I'm impressed. No way I could have done better.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Personally I have no problem with people being held accountable for what they post.

We often tend to throw heavy words around these days as though we’re experts, and others are idiots, but as soon as we’re shown to be wrong the words all of a sudden mean nothing and folks get angry that their past opinions were even brought up.

People were willing to die on those hills, but now, how dare you bring it up! Lol…

Anyways, just quirky anonymous internet behaviour, not trying to pick on people individually, no one likes their mistakes brought up, and lord knows I make my fair share. It’s good to face the facts sometimes though, good for introspection, good for the soul :)

This season is way to exciting to get bogged down now though, in my opinion. I can’t wait for the puck to drop!
I will just ask what the point is?

You think it is worth the effort to go search past history so you can point out someone was wrong?

I have been wrong lots too but I haven't ever even considered going back to see who may have been wrong about X or Y. To each their own though, whatever helps people feel good about themselves.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'm sticking with yes as my answer with regard to Dorion's performance while Eugene was still alive. It's impossible for me to know how many bad decisions were a direct result of ownership interference so my answer may be delusional.. As far as Dorion's performance this off season I have to say I'm impressed. No way I could have done better.
Pretty much this. I'd probably pay a lot more for DeBrincat, about the same for Giroux, but there's money I wouldn't have spent as Dorion.

I wouldn't have:
-Acquired or signed Murray to his deal
-Not have acquired Gudbranson
-Not have acquired MDZ
-Not have bought out Bobby Ryan
-Would have traded Ceci's rights for a draft pick/prospect instead of getting Zaitsev on a long-term deal, even if he came with CBrown
-Not have acquired Stepan
-Wouldn't have acquired Hamonic
-Wouldn't have extended DJ

I probably wouldn't have done a lot of the moves that are considered good (Zub signing, Batherson contract, Joseph deal, bought out White etc....), but my main beef with Dorion has been this, he has spent money. The narrative of us not having money is bs considering he's spent on players that were just shite.

So yes, I think I'd do a better job than Dorion. Acquiring two top 6 forwards isn't enough to make up for so many years of mediocrity. Still hasn't addressed the defense, and without doing so, we aren't making the playoffs

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Wouldn't have traded Z-Bad
Would have traded Karlsson ASAP after that playoff run.
Stone more complicated, but would have liked to have kept him.
As for the draft stuff, I likely would have let my scouts handle that.

Overall don't think I would do better than a professional hockey mind.

Reactions: guyzeur

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Can I be your friend?

Reactions: Ice-Tray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Pretty much this. I'd probably pay a lot more for DeBrincat, about the same for Giroux, but there's money I wouldn't have spent as Dorion.

I wouldn't have:
-Acquired or signed Murray to his deal
-Not have acquired Gudbranson
-Not have acquired MDZ
-Not have bought out Bobby Ryan
-Would have traded Ceci's rights for a draft pick/prospect instead of getting Zaitsev on a long-term deal, even if he came with CBrown
-Not have acquired Stepan
-Wouldn't have acquired Hamonic
-Wouldn't have extended DJ

I probably wouldn't have done a lot of the moves that are considered good (Zub signing, Batherson contract, Joseph deal, bought out White etc....), but my main beef with Dorion has been this, he has spent money. The narrative of us not having money is bs considering he's spent on players that were just shite.

So yes, I think I'd do a better job than Dorion. Acquiring two top 6 forwards isn't enough to make up for so many years of mediocrity. Still hasn't addressed the defense, and without doing so, we aren't making the playoffs

There's no narrative about not spending money. We didn't spend money. That's not a narrative. It's a fact.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad