Do you hate players or fans more in rivalries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsc75

Mar 25, 2014
Fans, AINEC.

That includes my own fanbase.

This. When you attend games in person you can experience good fans bad fans and total *******s for both teams. You may not remember a play during the game that ****ed you off but you will remember that fan who did the same.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Fans here. If my favorite player gets traded to another team tomorrow, I still like him. I am not really a team fan anyway, though. I follow players more than teams because I don't have a "home" team where I live. I have been a Ranger, Flyer and Pens fan in my hockey life at different times (because of Gretzky, Lindros and Crosby). That probably sounds insane to people from those cities.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Montreal: players more (excepted for Price. Guy is a class act), but fans are very close behind.
Toronto: fans way more, actually with the exception of Kessel, I don't dislike any Toronto player at all.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Teams, how can you hate fans? It's just normal to be totally biased toward your team unless you're a huge hockey robot nerd with no feelings.

You say this, because Bruins are largely a bunch of low-life ********, and very easy to hate.

But as an Oiler fan, we used to hate the Flames fans, but absolutely LOVE Their players.

**I say "used to hate", as most Flames fans I speak to feel genuinely sorry for us Oilerfans, and extend really deep sympathy for the ineptitude of our management.**

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
I don't really hate Bruins and Leafs fans. They're passionate about their team and I respect that. I really hate Sens fans thought. I'm pretty sure they hate the habs more than they love their team. Always come up to threads that don't concern their team just to bash the habs.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I want to hear what people think about this. As a Habs fan I would say I hate the Bruins players more than I hate their fan base, but I hate the Toronto fans more than I hate their players. In rivalries, what makes you hate the other team, the players or the fans?

sorry to create such a hateful thread the day after christmas ;)

It really depends on the team - I try not to judge an entire fanbase but I really don't like Nucks or Leaf fans - neither of which presently have a rivalry with the Hawks. I suppose the Nucks did a couple years back until they took a step back - I suppose we will have to wait and see if Vancouver can renew it.

As far as the players - they're just doing their jobs so I can't hate them for it unless they're sleazy or dirty players like Sean Avery.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Back in the day, when I was a Bulls fan I hated the Pistons players so much. I still hate a lot of them. It's the players for me.

I'm not huge into basketball however how could anyone not hate those Pistons teams?

They were barbaric lol - especially Denis Rodman with those flying elbows every time he got the rebound.

Those guys were the Broad Street Bullies of the NBA.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the only kings player i truly hate is dustin brown. definitely the fanbase on that rivalry.

same for the red wings as abdelkader is the only wings player i don't like

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Fans easily.

99.9% of the players don't give a crap about rivalries, jerseys they wear, etc. It is a paycheck for them, half of them are friends off the ice.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm not huge into basketball however how could anyone not hate those Pistons teams?

They were barbaric lol - especially Denis Rodman with those flying elbows every time he got the rebound.

Those guys were the Broad Street Bullies of the NBA.
Ugh, it was horrible. But delicious at the same time, because of the way it ended, and where the Bulls went onto from there, it was glorious.

As a Bulls fan at the time, I'd say beating the Pistons like that was just about equal to winning the championship itself. :)

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Well I hate Nazem Kadri far more then any Leaf fan, but I hate Leaf fans more than some players, so I'd say it's about equal when the team is doing good. When they're doing bad I hate the team more.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Boston: players
Toronto: not even the players of the fans, just the Leafs as an intangible entity...
Ottawa: fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad