Do you hate players or fans more in rivalries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
For the older rivalries, like Chicago/Detroit, fans fans fans.

Other than that, for shorter term rivalries that actually matter, it's players.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Teams, how can you hate fans? It's just normal to be totally biased toward your team unless you're a huge hockey robot nerd with no feelings.

Because I don't hate the Detroit Red Wing players. They're paid to win hockey games. There are the occasional jerks on any team, but overall, the fans should hate each other, because they outlast players in those classic rivalries.

Palffy3314

Feb 26, 2010
Las Vegas
I know I might get some crap in saying this, but I generally like our rival's fanbases. Ducks and Sharks fans were fun during the playoffs even when they were up in the series. Blackhawks fans are comparable to Kings fans in the sense that we both have long time fans who know what they are talking about, and tons of bandwagoners that don't. I like their die-hard fans though. Canucks fans seem to be a 50/50, you get the fans that are cool and respectful and then you get the fans that think the Canucks are owed a cup win. As far as players go, the only players I don't like from these teams are Shaw, Burrows, Torres, and Scott. The rest of those teams are fun to watch…unless they are playing the Kings.

Yeah I know, I'm weird…I just find it hard to put so much passion into "hating" someone unless they are playing the Kings right now, but even then I will point out that the Kings "got away with one" during games.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
The hate we feel towards each other's fan bases is healthy and what makes the sport great. For the fan bases not included they aren't doing their jobs and the team is probably irrelevant. The players make opposing fans heated enough to dislike whole cities, it's awesome...so to everyone here I hate you all equally, with love

Arthur*

Oh, easily fans. I wouldn't get half as angry about hockey as I do if this website didn't exist and I didn't have to read gloating hab fans trolling us in broken english.

MadFerIt95*

Rangers: Their fans are more annoying than their team by a lot. Not many players other than MSL and Marc Staal that I actually hate.

Penguins: Even Steven. Hate the Players, hate their fans just as much.

Bruins: Hate em both

penguins2946*

I don't hate anyone on the Flyers. I actually like the Flyers team. I just hate their fans. But **** Boston, both the team and fans. The Bruins are just filled with hypocritical whiners.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
The Hawks are a fun team to watch. The drunk, obnoxious fans who visit Bridgestone Arena are not.

I'll say fans as well but come on. If Bridgestone would actually enforce security and vendors stop selling beer to people to had to much then it wouldn't be bad, as well as if opted fans attended those games instead of selling their tickets for profit.

Preds probably have 10-11k season ticket holders and they made it where if you purchased a ticket to shawls game you had to buy another game as well but if you look at the last couple of games at Bridgestone it's probably 80-90% hawks fans. If STH holder and half season ticket holders and six pack ticket buyers who attend the game it wouldn't be a drunken atmosphere, and if Bridgestone would actually enforce any standards and kick people out and refuse to sell booze.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
I'm not really sure how to say my opinions on certain fan bases (in broad general terms, knowing full-well there are plenty of very smart and good people on the other side) without having it violate some of HF's rules and have Mods have to step in.

And unlike most of the times when HF mods get involved, this wouldn't be over-moderation. The idea of generalizing WHY you hate certain fanbases is... pretty much ****-stirring if there ever was any.

So let's leave it with "Blackhawk fans" and I'll dismiss myself from the thread.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I hate everything about the cities of New York (and it's little brother Newark NJ) and Pittsburgh. The people that live there and the sports teams. **** em all.

bobbyt911

Some of certain fanbases annoy me but how can i hate a fan base for doing the exact same thing I am doing. However the chunk of Boston/Philly fans that are total goonish meat heads annoy me and most of all a portion of the Habs fan base that comes across as arrogant bothers me but the rest of Hab, Bruin, Flyer and rest of NHL teams fans are all good

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
I'm hockey fan first, but I despise fans of any base who either don't know what they are talking about or are trolls. Nothing wrong with some good old fashion banter, but obvious ruins it. There are several teams that I follow and enjoy watching.

bhawks1399*

Fans, when the hawks were down lost to the kings last year and all their fans (not here) were all making comments like the hawks suck and we're terrible, and we never had a chance, like lest be real we weren't the best last year but we certainly didn't suck

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
As it is always has been, always will be:

Oilers suck, their fans are pretty knowledgeable and overall not terrible.

Vancouver is a good team, but their fans are literally the worst.

greatwhitemark1117*

Fans by a landslide. As a Penguin fan you get tired of Flyers fans whining about Crosby whining. Yet he reacts/talks to every ref no more than any other captain in the league when there is a questionable call. Have no problem with the players at all. The 24/7 episodes with the Flyers really softened my stance. In the end most of the players are just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad