Do you consider Matthews a 'Generational' player or talent?

Do you consider Matthews 'generational' kind of player?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why do advanced stats make it seem like Ovechkin's defensive game is terrible while Matthew's is pretty good? The physical play? Leadership? What is it exactly?

I am saying that as someone who have always preferred Ovechkin to Crosby for example and is really really hoping he breaks Gretzky's goal record. Maybe it's because I am European but I still like Russian players a lot more than NA players, as you can see. Matthews on the other hand is an American playing on my "hated" rival team

I already outlined what "the other stuff" was. Namely when Ovechkin was at his peak he was not only a threat to win the Rocket, but the Art Ross as well. Matthews thus far has only shown he's a yearly Rocket threat. But he's never been a real threat to win the Art Ross in any season while peak Ovechkin was.

Again this idea that someone is "generational" for being the best goal scorer ignores that's not what makes all these other players who *are* considered generational, generational. If being a "generational" goal scorer was all it took, then Brett Hull should be considered generational alongside Gretzky and Lemieux, yet he was never seen on their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad