Do we need a veteran coach?

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
I really don't like Cameron. Makes bizarre decisions and is emotionally unstable. That being said, changing the coach won't have much impact on this team as they lack overall skill.
Need a new GM and major overhaul or expect perennial mediocrity.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I really don't like Cameron. Makes bizarre decisions and is emotionally unstable. That being said, changing the coach won't have much impact on this team as they lack overall skill.
Need a new GM and major overhaul or expect perennial mediocrity.

The team doesn't lack skill to be in the top six in the conference, it definitely needs more skill to be a viable contender though.

It is for this reason I question Cameron and the rationale he offers the media for his decisions.

Prince and Hoffman have more skill than Boro, yet Cameron obviously thinks otherwise.

Cameron is behaving exactly like MacLean, the best players play unless I decide otherwise. :laugh:

Time will tell how far Eugene's friendship goes if this team continues to play like a .500 team or worse.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Cameron's first NHL experience as a coach was under Maclean. The Sens have the same issue's as before. Changing coaches didn't fix anything. If Cameron were assistant on other teams he would have more ideas. The problem is that we have yet to have a coach since Murray who has done a successful job at winning. a lot of people owe the world to Murray for giving them their start in the NHL, I just think the time has come for Murray to figure out the best way to win.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I do not dislike Cameron.

I dislike they way he chose to discipline Hoffman after a sub par game vs NYR and a bad shift or two vs FLA. I think Hoffman hurt his wrist taking a shot late in the game before the NYR game as well. Which could have accounted for his 0 shots in that game.

DC did this at the same time he brought Boro up to play forward which magnified it.

We are not a good defensive team. We are doing as well as we are because we can score. Hoffman can score better then anyone on the team and he proves it all the time. I want this guy feeling it as much as possible. I want him positive and hungry. Yes he needs to take care of his defensive responsibilities but you don't have to single the guy out and embarrass him to get that.

Effort wise there have been other passengers and the players that are producing watch and they know who they are as well. To get singled out after carrying the mail is just not on. Its not smart. I don't think it ends here either.

Smith over Hoff on the 1st PP unit. Huh?

If DC wanted a message sent, sending it through Hoffman is just dumb IMO. Bench Zib for a couple of shifts or demote him he could be more consistent and play harder. Lots of guys could be benched for not bringing their A game every game.

Not playing Prince after he was just starting to feel his oats.. again a decision I don't like. We need this guy to develop into the contributing offensive player he can be. He needs playing time IMO not time in the stands. My take on him is he needs to gain confidence.. Other players have gone through it but its a tough way to play for your job being afraid to make mistakes.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So what's the game plan tonight? What's the game plan every night?

I'm thinking last seasons run were all on the players and Cameron just didn't get in the way.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Coach is fine. We have crap players like half our entire defence.
And yet we fired a jack adams coach who had the same roster? Safe to say it wasn't Macleans fault either and was just the scapegoat for Murray's blunders.

Last edited:

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
How many more times do we use the coach as a scapegoat? What can cameron do when half of bingo and non offensive players like lazar and chiasson are regulars in the squad. Smh murray litterly hasnt done anything in over a year. Makes some trades...do something, we cant solely rely on an internal soloution.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The personel isn't good enough

No coach can overcome that

I've defending his decisions in the past, but I really don't get the hate he has for Prince.

I mean, Cowen has been terrible aside from a strong start, you can't blame him for that. Wier and Boro have been up and down, and we have some injuries, but Prince needs to get more than a shift or two a period, and would it kill him to try the kid out on the PP over Smith?

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Has Murray ever hired a veteran coach in his career? And i am asking seriously. Seems like he has a bit of an ego and control issues despite his friendly grandfatherly demeanour

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Cameron is a clown, but a coaching change really wouldn't make a difference at this point

It may however be something that needs to be looked at in the offseason

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Has Murray ever hired a veteran coach in his career? And i am asking seriously. Seems like he has a bit of an ego and control issues despite his friendly grandfatherly demeanour

Sad thing is their were lots of great coaches available while the Sens were seeking a new head coach, guys like Bob Hartley..etc

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I like how I can always tell if we lost the game by checking to see if **** like this gets bumped to the top.

The team is hurting, take key players off any team and they'll struggle. Double-so for bubble teams like us.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Many of our players may not be at the top of their trade but Cameron is tilting the ice against them by his line combos and his distribution of the toi. The poor defensive systems look very much like in the days of MacLean and it makes one wonder if they weren't Cameron's design all along. His decisions are often counter intuitive. He'd deserve credit if they worked but his strange moves rarely do.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we fire Cameron, the only available option I can think of is Ron Wilson... Do we really want to go there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad