Do we need a veteran coach?

WhiteLight*

The reality is that both Murray and Cameron are sucking right now.

Murray: when was the last time he brought in any kind of player not from Binghamton? Hemsky? I think that was the last trade. That was a long time ago. I like the prospect development he's done (how much impact has he actually had on that anyway?), but purely internal development is not enough to be a contender. It never has been. You need to bring in some kind of external talent, otherwise there's no success in sight. He hasn't brought any new players in SO LONG. Come on. And the coaching hires, jeez man.

Cameron: people love to blame the roster but the biggest issue is the lack of structure. Players are running around like chickens with their head cut off. Goaltending is fine, Forwards are talented enough (with the injuries maybe there's a 4th liner or two too many, but the top end talent should make up for it). Specifically the way he's handled Prince is despicable. Defence might need a player, but Ceci and Wiercioch are actually talented and the right coach could make one or both work in the top 4. Not saying Cameron should be making this team a contender (that's on Murray), but Cameron should at least have them in the playoffs. And they should have positive possession numbers. They're actually lucky to be this high up in the standings right now

:(

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The issue is not Cameron. The issue is by now should we not get a veteran head coach? Players are all over the place on the ice. This coaching staff needs to coach players to their strengths and quit trying to fit square pegs in to round holes. Zibby doesn't look good at center. Chiasson isn't an offensive threat so why he plays more than Prince is a big question mark. Use of Hoffman is terrible.

I think the structure a veteran coach would bring is something this team has been lacking since Murray and a lesser extent Maclean. I think Maclean got more out of the players.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The issue is not Cameron. The issue is by now should we not get a veteran head coach? Players are all over the place on the ice. This coaching staff needs to coach players to their strengths and quit trying to fit square pegs in to round holes. Zibby doesn't look good at center. Chiasson isn't an offensive threat so why he plays more than Prince is a big question mark. Use of Hoffman is terrible.

I think the structure a veteran coach would bring is something this team has been lacking since Murray and a lesser extent Maclean. I think Maclean got more out of the players.

Pretty much everything you listed is on the coach so yes the issue is Cameron. Maybe not 100% but definitely a good chunk of it

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Has Murray ever hired a veteran coach in his career? And i am asking seriously. Seems like he has a bit of an ego and control issues despite his friendly grandfatherly demeanour

Yes, his name was John Paddock.

And yes, I also sense he is a controller type personality. I see it in comments made by Dorion when talking to the media.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yes, his name was John Paddock.

And yes, I also sense he is a controller type personality. I see it in comments made by Dorion when talking to the media.

Veteran yes, good hell no.
1601020340390094.png

view.php

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Funny how just 2 years ago, most here on this Forum were not blaming our GM and ******** on some of us for even suggesting he should have been gone already.

Who cares if he’s a nice guy and/or has had hard times, this is a business and good business sells tickets.

The man has had a revolving door of Players & Coaches come and go, with the same results!!!! :rant:

Another Coach? Come on..............:help:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Overall, Murray has been a strong GM for us. Those folks who can't see it.........well, their ignorance is their problem.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Overall, Murray has been a strong GM for us. Those folks who can't see it.........well, their ignorance is their problem.
He dismantled a championship caliber team and in return we got a lot of draft picks. He overestimated our roster on a few occasions that actually set us back. He let the face of our franchise walk out the door and traded away our #1 center for scraps. Since he left the bench we have been a bubble team and went through 5 different coaches. This team hasn't gotten better with him, it has remained the same just a different cast of characters. He did manage to trade for and draft some talent like a GM should but so far we are average.

In his 8th season as GM and we are on the outside looking in.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He dismantled a championship caliber team and in return we got a lot of draft picks. He overestimated our roster on a few occasions that actually set us back. He let the face of our franchise walk out the door and traded away our #1 center for scraps. Since he left the bench we have been a bubble team and went through 5 different coaches. This team hasn't gotten better with him, it has remained the same just a different cast of characters. He did manage to trade for and draft some talent like a GM should but so far we are average.

In his 8th season as GM and we are on the outside looking in.
The cap and our owner,s budget did that not BM

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

It’s one thing not spending up to the Cap, it’s another when you rebuild a team and you end up with the same or worse results.

Telling people it’s a rebuild is buying time. Times up, it didn’t work.

I do think we need a new coach.

Maybe Murray should be our Coach. He built the Team.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Look at Florida. The are probably the team closest to us by comparison. Dale Tallon took a team that was last in 2010 and has them looking pretty good right now. He cleaned house when he came in and got a lot of draft picks. Over the last 3 season the team has gotten better. In reality they should have just over 10 million in cap space because the took on Marc Savard's contract. They got their star goalie, Star Dman, and a lot of good young forwards. Now, those players might not have as much upside as ours but he built a solid team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad