Do we have untouchable players?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Not on my list.

All my usernames implode, it was Olofsson before this. Instead of building on an amazing season the tall one has regressed, not sure what’s wrong but I take calls on him as well.

I’m not sure I want to move anyone, either, though. I blame coaching/management, still feel like there’s plenty of unguided talent here. Like-

Skinner is untouchable if he wants to be, right?
And Tuch, Thompson, Cozens should all be good deals if they play like we know they can. Dahlin is ok, Power was always gonna be a bit of a project.

Pretty much no one is untouchable to me, should the right offer be made, but I don’t see the need to get rid of anyone but Krebs, KO, Girgs, prospects for some vets. Also coaching. Get an ass kicker in here, and if the play still isn’t there then they gotta go.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
All my usernames implode, it was Olofsson before this. Instead of building on an amazing season the tall one has regressed, not sure what’s wrong but I take calls on him as well.

At least your first one had some amusing historical context with Eisenhower.

I'm not saying they have to move Tage. I just don't see him as being immovable. He'd be a great #2 center somewhere. Will he get back to what he did last year or is that an outlier, we'll have to find out. Shy of a Celebrini lotto win, I also don't see a way for Buffalo to actually move him down to being a 2C.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I'm not saying they have to move Tage. I just don't see him as being immovable. He'd be a great #2 center somewhere. Will he get back to what he did last year or is that an outlier, we'll have to find out. Shy of a Celebrini lotto win, I also don't see a way for Buffalo to actually move him down to being a 2C.

I’d forgotten, I’m 3 for 3. Oof.

And ya, clarified my stance with an edit. Pretty much no one is actually untouchable, but Adams also seems petrified to do anything anyways so no worries. Just sucks because a year ago I thought Tage would compete for Rocket Richard and I’d be sittin here arguing he’s untouchable- nope, just have a bit of hope a good coach could get him back on track.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

I think Tage would thrive with some no nonsense north-south type wingers that would drive the net to open space for him. Of course there's a distinct lack of those on the roster

Reactions: oldgoalie

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Your crusade against kulich is so weird to me.
I don’t see a spot for him on the team, and he’s a high-value trade chip. I just want to spend the capital to yield a better overalll team, and I strongly feel that trading him is one of the easiest places to start.

If Adams trades Savoie and Rosen, I’d covet him much more.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Bagel

Jul 31, 2002
NYC
Visit site
As a reminder, we obtained Hecht for two second round picks, Grier for a mid level prospect (Jakub Klepsis) and Lydman for a third round pick.

With good pro scouting we can significantly improve this team without moving a Kulich or Ostlund.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Tage would thrive with some no nonsense north-south type wingers that would drive the net to open space for him. Of course there's a distinct lack of those on the roster
Give Krebs a night off and see him pilot Girgs and Erob. Worthy experiment.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
There are no untouchable players. But there are players who, if traded, will likely leave bigger problems/holes than any benefit accrued.

Those would be:
Dahlin - For obvious reasons.
Mitts - The only center who comes close to an honest 200' game. I just don't see Cozens as a center and Tage is just too shitty defensively.
Benson: There's a real dearth of high hockey IQ players on the team. They need more (see Ostlund), not less.
Levi: Organizations should have two NHL capable goalies at all times.

• Love
Reactions: Tatanka

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Hard for me to say we have any untouchable players on this team.Or in our prospect pool.
Dahlin would be the closest thing.
Maybe Levi
Not sure about the rest of the team or prospects.
This is sad.

When your franchise has missed the playoffs 13 straight years, no one in untouchable, just varying degrees of expensive.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
The Sabres have a 50 plus year history and I could probably point to at least a dozen players that were shipped out that are better than most players that have been brought up in this thread as being untouchable.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
The Sabres have a 50 plus year history and I could probably point to at least a dozen players that were shipped out that are better than most players that have been brought up in this thread as being untouchable.
Hasek. Probably the GOAT. He was traded. Circumstances were different, but nobody is untradeable.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There are a few I would like to untouch upside the head.
Well barring opportunity and the ability to cover courts costs, that probably remains a pipe dream, a good one, but a pipe dream nonetheless. 😀

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Not sure about untouchable but certain players would make virtually no sense to trade:

Tuch - good contract, most noticeable PWF; would immediately require replacement
UPK - Starting goalie; would immediately require replacement
Thompson - You'd think he'd only be traded for a center upgrade. But what team is going to want to downgrade to Thompson? There's no reasonable fit.

Dahlin - If they just want to play him on the left side; they're strong down the left, weak down the right and middle.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
No players should be off limits. We suck. We have sucked for a long time. We need to un-suck. I welcome any proposals that might help.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Not sure about untouchable but certain players would make virtually no sense to trade:

Tuch - good contract, most noticeable PWF; would immediately require replacement
UPK - Starting goalie; would immediately require replacement
Thompson - You'd think he'd only be traded for a center upgrade. But what team is going to want to downgrade to Thompson? There's no reasonable fit.

Dahlin - If they just want to play him on the left side; they're strong down the left, weak down the right and middle.
You can trade a center for a rhd and lhd and a prospect for a center. I agree you seldom win in a position for position trade unless it is a system fit issue. Seth Jones for Ryjo is an example of trading across positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad