Do we have untouchable players?

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Hard for me to say we have any untouchable players on this team.Or in our prospect pool.
Dahlin would be the closest thing.
Maybe Levi
Not sure about the rest of the team or prospects.
This is sad.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
4 untouchables
Peterka Quinn Benson Savoie.

8 why-should-we-trades
Dahlin is probably untouchable but he hasn't performed like an 11 million player this season.
UPL...we'd be nuts to trade a .910-.915 goalie entering RFA who may only get better and better
Tuch because you trade him and then you wish you had a player like him.
Mitts probably cuz HE IS OUR BEST PLAYER
Sammy...I think he's been playing hurt most of the year
Tage because unicorn
Ostlund because natural center prospect with huge upside
Strbak cuz he is my fave prospect

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
4 untouchables
Peterka Quinn Benson Savoie.

8 why-should-we-trades
Dahlin is probably untouchable but he hasn't performed like an 11 million player this season.
UPL...we'd be nuts to trade a .910-.915 goalie entering RFA who may only get better and better
Tuch because you trade him and then you wish you had a player like him.
Mitts probably cuz HE IS OUR BEST PLAYER
Sammy...I think he's been playing hurt most of the year
Tage because unicorn
Ostlund because natural center prospect with huge upside
Strbak cuz he is my fave prospect
Absolutely not

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Skinner is untouchable because of his age, drop in production, $9M a year salary, but mostly because of that NMC.

Other than that.... I wouldn't move Dahlin or Levi. Others would be tough for me to move, but if the price were right, I could see trading just about anyone else.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
A huge factor in this is salary because insane as it sounds we are approaching being a capped-out team.

Don't think we need to be trading ELC players with top-6/top-3 potential. And we have four of those in Quinn/Benson/Peterka/Savoie. I'm not sold on Kulich and Rosen...and we have too many young forwards as it is.

For players already getting paid or about to get paid...let's see what a hockey trade would look like.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
A huge factor in this is salary because insane as it sounds we are approaching being a capped-out team.

Don't think we need to be trading ELC players with top-6/top-3 potential. And we have four of those in Quinn/Benson/Peterka/Savoie. I'm not sold on Kulich and Rosen...and we have too many young forwards as it is.

For players already getting paid or about to get paid...let's see what a hockey trade would look like.
the Sabres are not even close to capped out. Thompson, Cozens, Power and Dahlin until after the season can be moved along with most everyone else except Skinner. They can move whomever they need to to fit under a rising cap. What they have to stop doing is make the fans believe there is a core. There isn’t one until you win.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
McDavid for Dahlin?

Sure its absurd but it also shows no one is untouchable and everyone has a price sooner or later.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I think the only untouchable players for the new General Manager should be: Dahlin, Benson and Tuch.
The rest can go to non traditional hockey markets and win rigged Stanley Cups.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
As always it depends on return. But at a base level in no particular order:

Levi
Benson
Dahlin
Peterka
Mitts
Ryan Johnson
UPL - This will get flamed but he is a real life NHL goalie this year. Levi isn't there yet. and there is nobody behind him on the bench. He has to be extended)

Honorable mention to :
Tage
Quinn - Injury concerns
Greenway - Another likely controversial name. But his return will not net us a better player than what he is givng us. This team needs more players like JG, not less.

Reactions: Ehran

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
And we have none of that remaining 1%.

You win. If the Sabres can get a better return than what they have on the roster in a trade they should pull the trigger. These are the basic principles of any and every trade discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad