Do the Habs go into the season "Goonless"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Coyotes fans said Bissonette pulled a Laraque. He doesn't want to fight all that much anymore.
If you're gonna get an enforcer, might as well get the best one, not one that doesn't want to do his job.

I had read that too but rt, a very reliable Coyotes poster said that that was because of Tippett's system. He said that Bissonnette will do whatever the coach asks of him. He had some really good things to him which is why I've warmed up to him a little bit more.

This would be one of those things that would have to be discussed directly with Biz, and he has to be honest about it, if he expects his role to be 10 minutes a game and doesn't want to fight anymore, see ya.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Coyotes fans said Bissonette pulled a Laraque. He doesn't want to fight all that much anymore.
If you're gonna get an enforcer, might as well get the best one, not one that doesn't want to do his job.

Well, which one is it Kriss?

You say the Habs dont need an enforcer but need someone who can play hockey.

When Bissonett is presented as someone who wants to play hockey and put enforcing secondary, you say that we dont need a Laraque who will not fight..

It appears you are arguing against yourself.

68*

When Bissonett is presented as someone who wants to play hockey and put enforcing secondary, you say that we dont need a Laraque who will not fight..

Looks like he wants an enforcer who can fight and can play. Bissonnette sucks at both of those things.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

Only if you think that someone who can play hockey and someone who wants to play hockey are the same thing.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Well, I want to play for the Habs too. Doesn't mean I would be good at it. :laugh:

Bissonett falls into that category. Like Laraque, his only worth (very broad use of worth here) to the league is to fight guys. If he doesn't want to, well, he needs a new job.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Are they UFAs or do we need to trade for one? In the latter event, at what cost?

Edit. Didn't see MonctonScout's comment. There must be one of his options who can skate, no?

With Vancouver trading for Dorsett, I could see Sestito on waivers. At most he's worth a 6th. Of all the fourth liners we could bring in, I actually wouldn't mind him. While he is no world beater by any stretch, Sestito can at least contribute.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

As many others already posted, wanting to play hockey and being able to do it are two different things.
Bisso might want to play hockey, just like Laraque, but he sucks at it so no, I don't want him.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
With Vancouver trading for Dorsett, I could see Sestito on waivers. At most he's worth a 6th. Of all the fourth liners we could bring in, I actually wouldn't mind him. While he is no world beater by any stretch, Sestito can at least contribute.

From what I remember Bergevin put in a waiver claim in for him when he went to the Canucks, he'd be a nice pickup especially since he's not that terrible of a hockey player.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
He'd really be the perfect IMO. Pushing one of Prust or Weise to 3rd line adds sandpaper to our line-up.

Bournival-Eller-Weise
Sestito-Malhotra-Prust

That would be an AWESOME bottom 2 line team.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I now think we're effectively headed into the season "goonless".

First, other teams in the division are not exactly moving in that direction. Second, if Bergevin really wanted one, he would have signed the best possible deal right after inking Subban. Since it's been a few days, I doubt it happens now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad