Do away players seriously party all night when they are in Las Vegas?

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I thought Berlin was rather boring, besides superb museums.

It is boring. Once you hit the regular landmarks and been to a few museums all you are left with is some sort of psychedelic underground scene that tries to convince you that listening to some sort of trance techno in a dark room with a bunch of drunk people is a fantastic experience.

You can visit the Reichstag, Sony Center and Alexanderplatz only so many times before the walk home to your hostel past the Jewish Cemetery becomes the highlight of your trip.
Compared to Berlin pretty much any American/Canadian metro is Disneyland.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It seems to me that this whole ''vegas flu'' thing is a flimsy post-hoc rationalization for why Vegas are just a lot better than people thought they would be. Vegas is also a pretty good road team. Maybe a few of Vegas' wins could have been soft wins due to an over-partied and under-rested team, but I doubt all of them are. Vegas is just really f-ing good.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
M'eh, Ryan Whitney called it before the season started and has re-inforced the idea ever since. If a recently retired NHLer says so, it's good enough for me. I'll take that over speculation for message board posters.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I mean, im sure it's happened a few times at least, especially earlier in the season.

But i think coming to Vegas focused on beating a top team in the league has been more of the norm lately, especially for teams in the race.

Reactions: 278 others

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
The Rangers are mediocre at home and they're stationed in Manhattan.

I agree with the others. Vegas has a great record at home because of a good fan base and good team.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
It is boring. Once you hit the regular landmarks and been to a few museums all you are left with is some sort of psychedelic underground scene that tries to convince you that listening to some sort of trance techno in a dark room with a bunch of drunk people is a fantastic experience.

You can visit the Reichstag, Sony Center and Alexanderplatz only so many times before the walk home to your hostel past the Jewish Cemetery becomes the highlight of your trip.
Compared to Berlin pretty much any American/Canadian metro is Disneyland.

Ah you've never been to the Absinthe Depot

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Ah, another person who assumes there is this "one thing that will change your mind about something you simply don't enjoy".

Look, if you like Berlin.. more power to you.

My gawd what's wrong with you guys, lighten up for heaven's sake. It was a joke.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry and Kulikov have actually made guest performances with the RWB lol..

now if we could just get Buff into a tutu..

Well they got Karlsson in a tutu...

Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-7.19.08-AM.png

Reactions: Sentinel

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Don't be silly.. today's bionic superhero players always take care of themselves 110%.

I'm sure they are plugged in to recharge by 9:30.

Sauce12

Unregistered User
Jul 25, 2011
The dark side of the moon
I thought Berlin was rather boring, besides superb museums.

Actually, I prefer Berlin over NYC as far as nightlife goes. It's wilder, it's way cheaper and you can party as long as you want on any given day. There's that anything-goes attitude in Berlin, and it's great. And if you're into history, well, I think there aren't many cities more interesting than Berlin. So, no, I wouldn't call Berlin boring at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00