Do away players seriously party all night when they are in Las Vegas?

Jul 22, 2012
Suggesting that the players don't go out and have a good time when in Vegas is hilarious. I highly doubt they go out and get blackout drunk, though. As long as you aren't extremely hung-over, it isn't gonna effect their on ice play that much.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Suggesting that the players don't go out and have a good time when in Vegas is hilarious. I highly doubt they go out and get blackout drunk, though. As long as you aren't extremely hung-over, it isn't gonna effect their on ice play that much.
I agree with this. You can get just as drunk in Nashville as in Vegas as in New York

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
No, they've all been to Vegas plenty of times anyway. The coaches are probably strict about curfews and then the team goes out after game like they would in any other city. Nobody's going on all night benders the day before a game.

Reactions: HanSolo

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have their own plane. They can just arrive the day of the game. I don't think this is unusual. I doubt there is appreciable effect.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Islanders were there for three nights before playing Vegas. No one got in trouble, and the Isles won the game.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It sounds stupid, but what other explanation is there for the Golden Knights amazing home record?
Debauchery and vice nhl personalities can indulge in is unfathomable to regular folks. Not even worth discussing.
connor-mcdavid-awkward.jpg

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I have a friend that's in and out of the nhl (mostly out) but he has a quite of few friends in the show. I've seen pictures/texts that these guys party out of control. I'm telling ya people vastly underestimate how often a majority of the players are partying.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
It sounds stupid, but what other explanation is there for the Golden Knights amazing home record?

Let me take a stab and guess that you haven't been watching them play? And assume things as absolutes without watching them play for some odd reason? Like your thread, that is the only conclusion I can think to propose.

To answer your question, the other explanation to answer your question is that they are a good hockey team at home. It's pretty straight forward. I don't grasp how anyone watching them play could think they are anything but a well playing team.

Their chemistry is fantastic. The crowd is fantastic. Schmidt has been great. They have gotten some great goaltending. Their top line has been great.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I can tell you've never been to Vegas.

The novelty does not wear off. I've been to Vegas 8 times. And I'm not a multimillionaire. If I was Vegas would be 10000x more fun.

I've been to Vegas many times. The novelty absolutely wears off.

When I'm there for my job, I get my work done and leave. That's part of being a professional (like NHL players are).

Reactions: HanSolo

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
By that logic, shouldn't Winnipeg have the worst record in the league? Nothing for opponents to do except practise and go to sleep

I apologize. I misread your statement at first glance: "Nothing for opponents to do except practice and go out with sheep." :eek:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Yes and No
Yes they probably have some fun there but no more than anywhere else in the league.

And No I doubt it gets out of hand and coaches monitor the players behavior and do proper bed checks.

If it’s the coaches parting all night now that becomes a different story!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can tell you've never been to Vegas.

The novelty does not wear off. I've been to Vegas 8 times. And I'm not a multimillionaire. If I was Vegas would be 10000x more fun.

I have lived in Vegas for many years now.

The only time i go to the strip is for work being that i work on the strip.

So yes, the novelty does eventually wear off.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I have lived in Vegas for many years now.

The only time i go to the strip is for work being that i work on the strip.

So yes, the novelty does eventually wear off.
Yeah it's probably a tad bit different for a guy who lives there full time, rather than a team who goes on the road with their teammates once or twice a season to Vegas.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Am I the only one imagining the Vegas players skating around scoring goals while the opposing team players are all hunched over puking? It’s funny in my mind’s eye, at least.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Couldn't possibly be that Vegas played a significant amount of away games with a 3rd and 4th string goalie being an explanation for why the home record is better. More than halfway through February and that still can't be a viable explanation.

If players are going on all night benders when visiting Vegas then maybe the problem isn't the Las Vegas environment but irresponsible players and coaches that aren't disciplinarian enough.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe this is news to some but it's entirely possible that certain people just aren't into the whole nightlife scene/clubbing. Add to that, you are a professional athlete on a work trip, chances are that you stay at the hotel before and after the morning skate/game.

Let's also keep in mind that most of the guys who happen to be into clubbing more than likely have been to Vegas before, so it's not like it's a completely novel thing for them. As somebody already mentioned. If this was the case, how come the Rangers suck so bad this season? To me, Manhattan and surrounding areas has a hell of a lot more to offer than Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->