Do away players seriously party all night when they are in Las Vegas?

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I can tell you've never been to Vegas.

The novelty does not wear off. I've been to Vegas 8 times. And I'm not a multimillionaire. If I was Vegas would be 10000x more fun.

Vegas has never interested me so I fully admit bias there. :) I've been to almost every city west of the Mississippi and a few on the east coast but none were as interesting to me as London is. It would probably be a matter of personal taste, I guess. As I see it, multimillionaires have the world as their playground and there's plenty to do in a lot of places.

Just seems to me that it would probably depend on the player and I don't think it would be enough to hose an entire team for the game the next day, year after year. The home team benefits from the crowd and a lot of other things too.

I think the narrative "because it's Vegas" will stick though.

Last edited:

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
As others have noted, it's not as if NYC, Miami, Montreal, LA, Nashville, Chicago, Toronto, etc. (or just about any NHL city, even the "boring" ones like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Ottawa) are exactly void of nightlife or things for young millionaires to spend their money on.
I'm sure lots of NHL players enjoy making the stop there, but I doubt it gets out of hand.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Maybe it's just that Marchessault, Smith, Perron, Neal, Karlsson, and Tuch are top six forwards and Schmidt, Miller, Theodore and McNabb are top 4 defenseman? Bellemare and Eakin are both good defensive bottom sixers too.

And maybe Sbisa, Engelland and Hunt aren't as bad as fans of other teams made you think they were?

No, all members of the other thirty teams get so sloshed that they can't skate straight, that must be it. These guys are professional players with curfews and coaches who don't tolerate that kind of crap. I'm sure they all have fun, but I can guarantee they are not losing because they partied too hard.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
As others have noted, it's not as if NYC, Miami, Montreal, LA, Nashville, Chicago, Toronto, etc. (or just about any NHL city, even the "boring" ones like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Ottawa) are exactly void of nightlife or things for young millionaires to spend their money on.
I'm sure lots of NHL players enjoy making the stop there, but I doubt it gets out of hand.

Compared to Berlin most NHL cities are boring, however, I feel I have to defend Ottawa. There is any number of ways to spend your time if here on a visit. Bigger cities have 20 of everything, Ottawa has maybe only 5 of everything.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Compared to Berlin most NHL cities are boring, however, I feel I have to defend Ottawa. There is any number of ways to spend your time if here on a visit. Bigger cities have 20 of everything, Ottawa has maybe only 5 of everything.

Oh, I know. I have family in the area and have been to Ottawa many times. It's a great city!
I was more just playing on the stereotype that it's a "boring" government city. Hence the quotes around boring.

And for what it's worth, I also don't think Winnipeg or Edmonton are nearly as bad as people on here (or elsewhere in the media) make them out to me. Sure they're cold as hell in winter and full of bugs and construction in summer :sarcasm: but there's still plenty of great things to do in either city.

Reactions: saffronleaf

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's true.

Corey Perry did that in Vegas. I guess it's no surprise he has underperformed this season. But he seems to have no regrets. NO REGRETS, BABY.

Corey-Perry-588.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad