Discussion: Road to the 2014 Playoffs (23 Consecutive Playoff Appearances!)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Philly lost in regulation so we're tied with them and Lumbus for points with two games left in the battle for #1 wildcard, gotta beat one of them. We don't hold our own faith however, they own the ROW column.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
In that signature of yours, I appoint you best avatar winner 2x. Welcome aboard!

:laugh: Thanks! As a young kid, Alfie touched me. (Relax, my heart you silly HF users). Always will be an Alfie fan, even if he would punch a baby goat in the face.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
it wasn't necessarily a knock against him. both good and bad.

I hear you. And I agree, it does play to their strengths and weaknesses.

The Wings really are about building a team and culture and not simply accumulating the best statistical players at all costs. I can understand why this might bother some, but from where I sit, it makes being a fan actually quite a bit easier. Depends on your perspective, I suppose.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Without Zetterberg I think the Wings can beat anyone in the East but the Bruins. With him I think they can beat anyone in the East.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mike Babcock had the cards stacked against him.

It was mid-February and the Red Wings couldn't string together any good luck -- or good fortune.

"I told them right after the Olympic break, 'We're getting in,'" Babcock revealed on Friday.

Every day after that, he sent the same message.

"I said to them, 'I've been around a long time. If we just do it the Red Wing way, we're gonna get in.'"

"It's pretty impressive that Coach was that adamant about it," Brendan Smith said. "I'm talking 20 games ago, that we said we were getting in. We were in a rut."

"He sounded pretty confident," Tomas Tatar said. "I think that helped us to hear that. Next thing you know, we're really in (the playoffs)."

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/hockey/r...-babcocks-message-set-the-tone-for-turnaround

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
We are lucky to have the tie break over WSH. They have started winning and this team is a mess with these lines. Could easily see a reg loss vs STL and WSH catching up without the tie break

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Game 1 will probably be Thursday night, because the Celtics have a home game on Wednesday, and then I could see game 2 being Sunday afternoon. NBC loves Boston afternoon games, so I could see that.

(of course, I am just speculating that we play Boston. The Blues have been bad recently, so we could beat them on Sunday, but I just don't see Columbus losing to Florida, or Philly dropping both of their games)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Game 1 will probably be Thursday night, because the Celtics have a home game on Wednesday, and then I could see game 2 being Sunday afternoon. NBC loves Boston afternoon games, so I could see that.

(of course, I am just speculating that we play Boston. The Blues have been bad recently, so we could beat them on Sunday, but I just don't see Columbus losing to Florida, or Philly dropping both of their games)

Yeah the last I looked Dallas was beating the Blues 3-0 in the 3rd, And I agree that It doesn't look like Philly will drop it's last 2 games and that Columbus wont lose to Florida. But it appears that the Blues are very beatable right now.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bruins fan here, not so much looking forward to playing Detroit, seems like they have Boston's number this year.

I'd rather play Philly as the Bruins ever since the epic 2010 collapse against them, seem to play their best game against them, and Columbus worries me that the Bruins would underestimate them.

Detroit scares me though, I can picture Datsyuk having a big series and winning in six for some reason.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bruins fan here, not so much looking forward to playing Detroit, seems like they have Boston's number this year.

I'd rather play Philly as the Bruins ever since the epic 2010 collapse against them, seem to play their best game against them, and Columbus worries me that the Bruins would underestimate them.

Detroit scares me though, I can picture Datsyuk having a big series and winning in six for some reason.

Sure hope your right I would love to see Detroit knock out Boston in the 1st round. Plus we could have Zetterberg back by the 3rd or 4th game they said. Either way it's going to be a great series.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Sure hope your right I would love to see Detroit knock out Boston in the 1st round. Plus we could have Zetterberg back by the 3rd or 4th game they said. Either way it's going to be a great series.

I wouldn't rely on him being back till round 2, and even that is hopeful.

I would think just of our current roster.

We have a chance

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Funny amongst all of this lament at (most likely) playing the Bruins is that Blue Jackets fans want their team to play the Bruins. Why? Because the Penguins won all five of their games against the Blue Jackets this season, and all of those in regulation; the Jackets didn't get a single point, and scored only seven goals across those five contests.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Funny amongst all of this lament at (most likely) playing the Bruins is that Blue Jackets fans want their team to play the Bruins. Why? Because the Penguins won all five of their games against the Blue Jackets this season, and all of those in regulation; the Jackets didn't get a single point, and scored only seven goals across those five contests.

a bruins-jackets series would be very entertaining. it will come down to who can beat the crap out of the other first :laugh:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
looks like the blues are really banged up. bodes well for the wings

Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 1h
It's sounding as if Berglund's injury is serious, and the #stlblues will be without seven of their top 12 forwards Sunday.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
And u end up thinking what all their season before is worth now. Glad we overcame most of the key injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad