OT: Dippin' Dots: Real Ice Cream or Monstruous Abomination that Occasionally Hits the Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Add another - GT claims that his (according to his insider) they will wait for the cap # to be realeased on Monday and the deal may climb to 11 or 11.5 in the end. And they will sign before the draft.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
He nailed Lamirello, but still claims AV is being hired, which I find hard to believe

Agreed that seems off to me too.

I think at first he said he was the lead candidate and then claimed he was the choice.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
He nailed Lamirello, but still claims AV is being hired, which I find hard to believe
The Lams hire had been circulating, it's wasnt going on a limb or staying something that major media outlets hadn't suggested having heard about Lou and a potential Islanders link.

I can see if no one else had it, but some were already floating the idea, that poster just put their own stamp behind it.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Whomever the poster is, nailed Lou coming here in the way I would be "nailing it" by saying we are absolutely getting Grubauer.

Aka, taking a rumour that has circulated or at the very least been floated and trying to act like I have the jump on it.

The link between Lou and the Islanders had been floated to an extent and that poster ran with it. Wasnt exactly insider information that no one else had.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Whomever the poster is, nailed Lou coming here in the way I would be "nailing it" by saying we are absolutely getting Grubauer.

Aka, taking a rumour that has circulated or at the very least been floated and trying to act like I have the jump on it.

The link between Lou and the Islanders had been floated to an extent and that poster ran with it. Wasnt exactly insider information that no one else had.

You're right, but that's actually the purpose of this thread, in my eyes...

I could say with absolute certainty that a coin flip would come up heads, and if it does it wouldn't be that impressive. I had a 50-50 shot.
Now, if I call the flip 8/8 times, that's a whole lot more impressive.

Let's see where this tally ends up.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Actually, he backed off a bit on AV and said they are looking into DJ Smith as well and Lemaire is a possibility.

So I think AV has dropped down from a DD-5 to a DD-4 on the rumor scale.

Reactions: SI

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Actually, he backed off a bit on AV and said they are looking into DJ Smith as well and Lemaire is a possibility.

So I think AV has dropped down from a DD-5 to a DD-4 on the rumor scale.

On this one, the Ice Cream Man is all over the place:
AV locked!
AV or maybe JL
AV or JL or Trotz - that story has leggz!
AV or JL or DJS

I may have missed one, but I think he's got the field covered here.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
One day I will make an avatar of JT holding the Stanley Cup full of Dippin Dots and caption it JT the Cupholder, stop trippin'.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: IslandersFan17

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Damn, why y’all on dippin dots ass? Now you’re gonna nitpick over wether JT gets 10.5 or 10.6? You’re the same guys that’d go to an orgy and complain about the wine. Can’t see the forest for the trees. And other cliches.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Damn, why y’all on dippin dots ass? Now you’re gonna nitpick over wether JT gets 10.5 or 10.6? You’re the same guys that’d go to an orgy and complain about the wine. Can’t see the forest for the trees. And other cliches.
Do they serve wine at orgys?

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Every orgy I've been too is BYOB, yeah my moms cheap, doesn't even provide the wine.

Reactions: Strummergas

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Roman orgys serve wine.

First served, first come.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
At an orgy I would always know the difference between the forest and the trees.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
At an orgy I would always know the difference between the forest and the trees.
I’d personally avoid both, spend most of my time in the bushes, the rest of the time drinking the wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big L

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Take this for what its worth, but lou from toronto is going to be our next GM. I was told today by the ex camera man from the coliseum days that he has already been flown out to LONG ISLAND twice since march 1. I was told that it will become official in short order.
His son did most of the leg work for ledecky.

Omg? I have absolutely no reason not to believe him. He has been a friend of the family business for a while now. He spoke in matter of fact terms.

Well this is the original quote in question from April 27th. At this point, there were already tweets from Staple, Kypreos and Friedman suggesting the idea of Lou on the Island. So the idea at that time was not novel. The source is reportedly an ex-cameraman. Perhaps Lou at that point had been flown in, as suggested and a few people around took notice and this information truly was relayed to GTislanders. I don't see that as too much of a far-fetched scenario.

However, shortly after this post GTislanders stated that the "source stopped responding to my texts." But then started touting detailed predictions, reportedly from the same source that stopped responding, regarding coaching hires, JT's contract with specific numbers, Kovalchuk interest, interest regarding Erik Karlsson among others. I can't see any logical way that contract negotiations between JT's agent and the infamously tight-lipped Lou is leaking to an ex-camerman at the coliseum. I think it's more likely GTislanders got that Eklund high from the first rumor and wanted to keep the party going.

Reactions: Costigan77

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Well this is the original quote in question from April 27th. At this point, there were already tweets from Staple, Kypreos and Friedman suggesting the idea of Lou on the Island. So the idea at that time was not novel. The source is reportedly an ex-cameraman. Perhaps Lou at that point had been flown in, as suggested and a few people around took notice and this information truly was relayed to GTislanders. I don't see that as too much of a far-fetched scenario.

However, shortly after this post GTislanders stated that the "source stopped responding to my texts." But then started touting detailed predictions, reportedly from the same source that stopped responding, regarding coaching hires, JT's contract with specific numbers, Kovalchuk interest, interest regarding Erik Karlsson among others. I can't see any logical way that contract negotiations between JT's agent and the infamously tight-lipped Lou is leaking to an ex-camerman at the coliseum. I think it's more likely GTislanders got that Eklund high from the first rumor and wanted to keep the party going.

The cameraman ran bets for the team.

One thing funny, as I stated on here, I played golf with a certain islander whom people are not fond of here (8+7)t he weekend after this was posted. He claimed he doesn't know much about US football and doesn't bet.

Hmm

Also from the other thread, I have a mutual friend of some people in MMs camp, who supposedly believes he will be back here, whether via trade, our buyout/signing. Supposedly that info is wrong according to the coliseum camerman

The only thing I will say is the certain islander (9+6) believed JT will stay, and when I asked are you sure, he just winked. I then proceeded to drink 3/4 of a bottle of Woodford with him while we played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad