OT: Dippin' Dots: Real Ice Cream or Monstruous Abomination that Occasionally Hits the Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I did some forensic work and pulled together a list of the predictions made by our resident Ice Cream Man/Camera Man's friend/close friend of ICB so that we could keep track going forward - because after a while it does all flow together a bit.

So here is a relatively comprehensive list of statements made well enough in advance of them becoming obvious likely paths*, and I'll do my best to update them as they prove to be correct or incorrect predictions. Please also feel free to point out any predictions made that I may have missed and I'll add them to the list as well.

1. Lou Lamoriello to Islanders :banana:
2. Lombardi will be coming with Lou
3. Kovalchuk will sign with NYI
4. Weight will not be coach for next season :banana:
5. Hunter will be coming to Isles
6. Alain Vigneault will be the next head coach :wedgie:
7. AV or Lemeaire will be the next head coach :wedgie:
8. AV or Lemaire will be the next head coach, or Trotz :huh:
9. AV or Lemaire will be the next head coach, or DJ Smith :wedgie:
10. Trotz not coming to NYI:wedgie:
11. Gomez front-runner to be coach :wedgie:
12. Trotz to sign with Seattle:wedgie:
13. Conte will be coming to Isles
14. DJ Smith will come to the Isles in some capacity
15. JT will re-sign
16. JT's contract will be 8x10.5
17. Lee likely centerpiece of deal for Erik Karlsson

* so, no, I'm not adding "Garth Snow out as GM" in the post Lou announcement timeframe as a prediction. I think we all were on top of that one.

Last edited:

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Sorry if this sounds stupid...

Why does everyone mention Dippin Dots all the time since Lou came over?
What's the connection? I remember the old Coliseum had them, but what would that have to do with Lou / 2018?

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007

What's the connection? I remember the old Coliseum had them, but what would that have to do with Lou / 2018?
We have a person who contributes to these baords, with some unestablished inside connection to the Islanders. Most recently he quipped he was a Dippin' Dots vendor at Barclays, and that was just before Lou did indeed get hired, which was one of his predictions.

So "Dippin' Dots" has become a bit of a rallying cry

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The poster GTIslanders told us that Lou was coming (with full control over all hockey ops) and that Weight and Snow were going to be fired. This was weeks before it happened. He as since also claimed that JT is signing a 10.5 X 8 deal, Kovy is coming and either AV or Lemaire will be the new coach. When asked who his source was he jokingly said he works at the Dippin Dots stand at the Barclays. This was a reference to an old poster who claimed, during the last year at the Coli, that the Islanders will NOT be moving to Brooklyn after all because he heard it from the Carvel ice cream concession guy. People have been referring to GTIslander as "Dippin Dots" as a result.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The poster GTIslanders told us that Lou was coming (with full control over all hockey ops) and that Weight and Snow were going to be fired. This was weeks before it happened. He as since also claimed that JT is signing a 10.5 X 8 deal, Kovy is coming and either AV or Lemaire will be the new coach. When asked who his source was he jokingly said he works at the Dippin Dots stand at the Barclays. This was a reference to an old poster who claimed, during the last year at the Coli, that the Islanders will NOT be moving to Brooklyn after all because he heard it from the Carvel ice cream concession guy. People have been referring to GTIslander as "Dippin Dots" as a result.
Good summary. BTW, don't underestimate the predictive power of ice cream products. About a year ago I was enjoying some peanut butter-fudge swirl ice cream when I noticed a pattern that looked remarkably like Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump shaking hands. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now....

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Staple reported the isles are out either out on Kovy or are not pursuing him.
Staple quoted LeBrun who listed some teams (in two tiers) who he thought were in on Kovy. That's not exactly the same as Staple reporting the Isles are out or not pursuing him.

He even said he was surprised. LeBrun is a credible source, but it was just his take on the situation. He could easily come back and say "Oh yeah - don't rule out LL and the Isles." who knows?

Reactions: SI90

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Staple quoted LeBrun who listed some teams (in two tiers) who he thought were in on Kovy. That's not exactly the same as Staple reporting the Isles are out or not pursuing him.

He even said he was surprised. LeBrun is a credible source, but it was just his take on the situation. He could easily come back and say "Oh yeah - don't rule out LL and the Isles." who knows?
"Le Brun" is French for "the brown", which means he's full of ****.

Reactions: bigtim1988

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS

And LeBrun replied saying that it was still early...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yeah but we have a man INSIDE the building. A lot different and much more reliable than an "insider."

This is true. My friends fathers is Boomer Esiason’s landscaper. You may know the name Boomer from the famous Boomer and Carton Burger at Barclays Center. He informed me when the isles were signing Stanley cup winner Andrew Ladd to a long term contract. That’s the type of ace in the hole one needs.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Thanks for the clarity. I misunderstood

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Long time legend, man. Lou loves eating those things.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Thanks for the clarity. I misunderstood

Funny - I just checked and he came back and clarified that he should have said that the Islanders are "not in the MAIN circle of interest" (as he quotes or re-tweets Chris Nichols listing the Isles as 1 of 9 teams in on Kovi) but goes on to to say that "Still doesn't seem like a top priority."

Who knows? I can't see how they fit him in if they sign JT but if they get word that JT is goner, maybe they go after him harder....

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Long time legend, man. Lou loves eating those things.

lldd.png

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Good summary. BTW, don't underestimate the predictive power of ice cream products. About a year ago I was enjoying some peanut butter-fudge swirl ice cream when I noticed a pattern that looked remarkably like Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump shaking hands. I didn't think much of it at the time, but now....

Unbeknownst to me, I too have seen prophetic signs in ice cream...

It was a chocolate swirl and it was Doug Weight’s defensive strategy.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Staple reported the isles are out either out on Kovy or are not pursuing him.

Snow said they're still in pursuit. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Snow at 31 Flavors last night.

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Snow said they're still in pursuit. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Snow at 31 Flavors last night.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad