Dinamo Riga 17/18 - Predicted Gargarin Cup Champions!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nerijus Ališauskas confirmed he's on tryout with Riga for a month. As a Lithuanian and a human being, very happy for him, he absolutely deserves the chance to fulfill the dream. As a Lithuanian hockey fan, would like to see him play big role in a league like EBEL rather than bottom pair for the KHL team. So lets see how the tryout goes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Another bunch of players confirmed on try-out, Jevpalovs should get a deal, others shouldn't.

HockeyBeherit

Jun 17, 2017
Helsinki Area
This may be dumb and irrelevant, but I'd quite like to hear opinions about this from people of Rīga and Latvia. I think this is the best place.

See, I'm a young person studying business in Finland. In Oct, we're having a two months period of placement, where we are supposed to work in an office, possibly doing even actual financial stuff.

The thing is, my dream is to be a hockey (office) professional in one point of my career. And with the internationality program of my school, I would have funding to go abroad, which would of course be an amazing experience.

So my question is; would it be worth anything contacting the Dinamo office? What is the culture of students in real jobs in Latvia? What are the odds of them even answering me?

If this is a wrong place to ask this, please feel free to adress that. I'll be unbelieably thankful for responses. I've literally thought this in my head for weeks.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
This may be dumb and irrelevant, but I'd quite like to hear opinions about this from people of Rīga and Latvia. I think this is the best place.

See, I'm a young person studying business in Finland. In Oct, we're having a two months period of placement, where we are supposed to work in an office, possibly doing even actual financial stuff.

The thing is, my dream is to be a hockey (office) professional in one point of my career. And with the internationality program of my school, I would have funding to go abroad, which would of course be an amazing experience.

So my question is; would it be worth anything contacting the Dinamo office? What is the culture of students in real jobs in Latvia? What are the odds of them even answering me?

If this is a wrong place to ask this, please feel free to adress that. I'll be unbelieably thankful for responses. I've literally thought this in my head for weeks.

You can try, of course, but don't get your hopes too high, I think there is a certain degree of nepotism here, so if you don't have some connections, the chance of getting something more than a polite "thank you for your interest in the Dinamo Riga team" answer is not too high. But again, I'm pretty sure nothing bad will happen if you try. ;)

HockeyBeherit

Jun 17, 2017
Helsinki Area
so if you don't have some connections, the chance of getting something more than a polite "thank you for your interest in the Dinamo Riga team" answer is not too high. But again, I'm pretty sure nothing bad will happen if you try. ;)

Can't deny that. The really hard part is, that I don't know anyone in the whole country who could even help me to find a job in Riga, so Dinamo is kind of my only way to connect there. Oh well, maybe I need to use the connections I have and go to Spain or something else boring. ;)

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Can't deny that. The really hard part is, that I don't know anyone in the whole country who could even help me to find a job in Riga, so Dinamo is kind of my only way to connect there. Oh well, maybe I need to use the connections I have and go to Spain or something else boring. ;)

Try contacting the Lativan league teams first? Smaller operations so they are going to be more personal aren't they. I'd imagine Dinamo would say as mentioned above - unless you manage to get lucky/make some connections!

Good luck

HockeyBeherit

Jun 17, 2017
Helsinki Area
Try contacting the Lativan league teams first? Smaller operations so they are going to be more personal aren't they. I'd imagine Dinamo would say as mentioned above - unless you manage to get lucky/make some connections!

Actually wouldn't be a bad idea trying to contact the national league, other than I know nothing about it, but what's a better way to learn it than work for it, eh? I guess there is a team in Riga. Is HK Riga in the Russian minor or in the Latvian national league?

Good luck!
Thank you!

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
are there any more Latvian players that Dinamo could have (or still can) signed that you would like to see on Dinamo's roster?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
are there any more Latvian players that Dinamo could have (or still can) signed that you would like to see on Dinamo's roster?

I'd love Sandis Ozolins to put his skates back on! Other than that a main one is Kaspars Daugavins but he's cashing in in Russia

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think from more realistic options - Darzins, Jevpalovs and Rihards Bukarts are ones I'd like to see Dinamo sign.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah he's been playing in Liepaja for 6 years, one would have to be really stubborn to not learn the language. Definitely helped him a lot to get this opportunity. Me, personally, from what I've seen in friendlies, learning curve is obviously there but he does belong in the KHL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After Latvian Railways cup I'm actually quite optimistic. Still no clue what is Darzins doing.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ok goalies, bad defense, no centers, excellent wingers. That's my assessment. Even more so considering Darzins has to be likely joining. I really don't see how can you say this is a worse team than last year. Goalies and forwards definitely got better, defense stayed the same ****.

Only thing to worry about is how well can a team be with no centers perform on the ice. But time will tell, roster-wise this team definitely has better names than last year's one.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I think todays and yesterdays games speak for themselves this team couldnt muster more than a goal a game if their lives depended on it :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad