Diego Armando Maradona

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Please list the number of your top 10 players who played midfield, won 3 straight Ballon D'or (back when it meant had the best year), won the toughest domestic league, won the C1 and won the Euro by scoring almost two goals a game and setting a record nobody has even come close to touching (while not forgetting two straight WC semis) with a NT that had never won anything in its history.

Notable players?
Lol.
I'll say it again : Maradona was more talented than anyone but Platini had the better career.
You re French! I understand you are not satisfied with my Ranking. Apropos Maradon hav played in weaker Teams than Platini. But this is my personal Ranking. You can make your Ranking.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How's the fact that I'm french relevant when I think Platini should be higher than ZZ then?

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

Simply the greatest. The greatest regret is what he could have achieved had he not mingled with all those miscreants.

Todays Albiceleste are a pale imitation of their illustrious forebears. Aside from Messi barely three others might just about scrape into other past squads although this current squad is young and building.​

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Simply the greatest. The greatest regret is what he could have achieved had he not mingled with all those miscreants.

Todays Albiceleste are a pale imitation of their illustrious forebears. Aside from Messi barely three others might just about scrape into other past squads although this current squad is young and building.​

The next generation has some gems. The best part is that some of their best prospects aren’t just winged forwards.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Emi Martinez and Musso in goal and the kid from Estudiantes make the three keeper choices a formality.

Central defence with Cuti and Nehuen when he has a couple more seasons of experience will be world class.

Fullbacks are a mystery. Serviceable but flawed. And such vital positions in the modern game. Midfield. Need a destroyer. I hope Santi finds himself as he showed at the awful Rio Olympics when he sealed up so many holes in Kante like fashion. Or Licha Martinez. Lo Celso and Palacios will improve. You have Luka Romero, Sarmiento coming in behind them as playmaker types. But upfront no one is putting their hand up and saying I am the future when you consider in the past the Albiceleste youth teams had 2-3 already prolific strikers to consider.

Coaching could be a lot better and their needs to be a unified approach from u15 to senior side which they are trying to do with Placente/Aimar and then the coaching staff of the seniors although what Batista has to do with anything ie the Olympic squad it should be Placente/Aimar and co. Still not taking that seriously. They should insist clubs release who they need. Oh to have the era of Pekerman and Tocalli back.

Such a shame that those youth sides matured and then failed in 2006 and 2014. 2006 especially with such a majestic skilled side organized by Riquelme but with experience and youth in perfect measure that dominated games and had such depth in all positions minus Zanetti being bizarrely left out. That kung fu kick on Pato was a disgrace as were Pekermans changes. Pity Hungary did not win yesterday.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think there’s plenty of players in pretty much every position. I wouldn’t pencil any cb combo with the amount of cbs coming up. Up front it may not be Kun level but Almada and pedro are serious talents along the others you mentioned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad