3. Pele
4. Cruyff
5. Best
6. Messi
7. Platini
8. Maradona
9. Eusebio
10. Ronaldo

It’s all personal opinion of course. Don’t care what the “experts” or supporters say.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I always find it funny when people put names from eras foreign to them.

BTW How can a guy named Best not be number #1?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Imagine this scenario, Messi goes to play for Real vallacano and the following year beat baraclona, Real Madrid, Atlatico, and Sevilla and win the leagues two times. That’s what Diego did in Italy with Napoli

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Absolutely awful comparison.
Read this thread and educate yourself about Napoli at the time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Imagine this scenario, Messi goes to play for Real vallacano and the following year beat baraclona, Real Madrid, Atlatico, and Sevilla and win the leagues two times. That’s what Diego did in Italy with Napoli
I don’t think so. They finished 3rd and 4th in the league not long before Maradona got there. And we’re consistently a top ~5 team in Italy in the 70’s.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I am enjoying this thread. How old are you guys?

The most talent player I ever witnessed is Ronaldinho.
R9 was every bit as talented but his knees blew out. We remember him as the deadly finisher but before the knees went out, Ronaldo was every bit as capable of doing the Youtube tricks of Ronaldinho.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You're right. He's not as good as the real goat, Higuain!
Honestly though its levels different. Some might say Dinho was a better dribbler than Messi but they're focusing on tricks which have a low success rate. Messi is a menace there without being overly flashy. There isn't a single thing he has over him. Much less be even in the conversation.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Honestly though its levels different. Some might say Dinho was a better dribbler than Messi but they're focusing on tricks which have a low success rate. Messi is a menace there without being overly flashy. There isn't a single thing he has over him. Much less be even in the conversation.
I think the only thing you could argue Dinho would have been better at would be doing flamboyant tricks in game? But even if he is that isn’t something that would make him a better player. I personally don’t think anyone comes close to Messi in terms of ability in anything though. Or at least relative to his position. As a winger/CF/attacker he’s levels above every player ever.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think the only thing you could argue Dinho would have been better at would be doing flamboyant tricks in game? But even if he is that isn’t something that would make him a better player. I personally don’t think anyone comes close to Messi in terms of ability in anything though. Or at least relative to his position. As a winger/CF/attacker he’s levels above every player ever.
Oh his much better at tricks but that really doesn't take you far. imo

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
My Ranking! Top 10 without Goalkeepers.

1. Diego Maradona
2. Pele
3. Lionel Messi
4. CR7
5. Franz Beckenbauer
6. Johan Cruyff
7. Zinedine Zidane
8. Ronaldo
9. Ronaldinho
10. Lothar Matthäus

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If we are gonna do top 10 list, it should be top 10 for every position. top 10 goalies, top 10 wingers etc. You cant really say "buffon is better than messi". they have different roles.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This is my list! But i forget "+ notable players". This is not easy!
Please list the number of your top 10 players who played midfield, won 3 straight Ballon D'or (back when it meant had the best year), won the toughest domestic league, won the C1 and won the Euro by scoring almost two goals a game and setting a record nobody has even come close to touching (while not forgetting two straight WC semis) with a NT that had never won anything in its history.

Notable players?
Lol.
I'll say it again : Maradona was more talented than anyone but Platini had the better career.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Please list the number of your top 10 players who played midfield, won 3 straight Ballon D'or (back when it meant had the best year), won the toughest domestic league, won the C1 and won the Euro by scoring almost two goals a game and setting a record nobody has even come close to touching (while not forgetting two straight WC semis) with a NT that had never won anything in its history.

Notable players?
Lol.
I'll say it again : Maradona was more talented than anyone but Platini had the better career.

Are we ranking talent or careers? That's a completely different conversation.

Reactions: BMann

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And unless we are ranking the talent or career of Maradona it might be a bit off topic?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hahahahahah evilo u legend. Thats why i love you man. Bringing up ben Arfa in a discussion top 10 players ever. ahahahahah.

f*** im out, had too many beers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->