Waived: Didomenico claimed by TB

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see any reason to not claim him back. Bingo will need him. We will eventually call up Colin White.

So what was the drama in this thread all about again?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If we claim him, its bad cap management. If we don't claim him, it's bad asset management.

Your move, Dorion.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe the Sens can return the favor and put Dumont back on waivers too. Dido was more noticeable than Dumont has been, Dido even played for Boucher in the past few years

Disagree. I thought Dumont was more noticeable.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So if Dido was claimed by Tampa, that means we can assume no one else put a claim in on him, right?

It seems like if we want him back, we will be able to have him. I hope they don't choose Kelly over him (although I hope they are able to sign Kelly to bump someone else out, like Randell).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dido , imo not a great future in the NHL. He could help the BSens quite a bit. He does have some offensive tools but I would not play him regularly ahead of Dzingel or Smith... I think as a 4th line / PK guy Dumont is better suited although I don't think Dumont has anything over Rodewald who is almost PPG in Belleville and is fast and can play a rugged 4th line style.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dido , imo not a great future in the NHL. He could help the BSens quite a bit. He does have some offensive tools but I would not play him regularly ahead of Dzingel or Smith... I think as a 4th line / PK guy Dumont is better suited although I don't think Dumont has anything over Rodewald who is almost PPG in Belleville and is fast and can play a rugged 4th line style.

I like this take. Rodewald would be a much better option. Would probably take a few months to earn Boucher's trust though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure if we claim him he can go straight to bingo because he's in essence already cleared since we initially waived him. The only reason imo not to claim him is because we feel he should be given a chance at the NHL level, but given every other team already passed on him when we waive him, I doubt that's a concern.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Pretty sure if we claim him he can go straight to bingo because he's in essence already cleared since we initially waived him. The only reason imo not to claim him is because we feel he should be given a chance at the NHL level, but given every other team already passed on him when we waive him, I doubt that's a concern.
If we put in a claim but another team does, too, then we can't send him down without waivers. So, if anyone wants him to play in the NHL, they will have their shot at him.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
What a bunch of assholes TB is. Goddamn just to claim a guy because of spite. We should claim him back, then put him on waivers to go to Bingo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we put in a claim but another team does, too, then we can't send him down without waivers. So, if anyone wants him to play in the NHL, they will have their shot at him.

Here's what I was thinking of, looks like you are right;
CBA 13.22 said:
When a Club (TBay in this case) claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club (Ottawa) is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

So, I think we get first dibs for claiming him, and if nobody else puts in a claim we can send him direct to the AHL. But, if somebody else puts in a claim, he's stuck at the NHL level.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't see any reason to not claim him back. Bingo will need him. We will eventually call up Colin White.

So what was the drama in this thread all about again?
Well the drama is we lost him. You're using hindsight now by saying "look we can just he told him back what's the big deal"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Which is what you want out of a 4th liner.
No it's not all you "want".theres more to life than being solid on the pk

Personally I think Colin white is better at every single facet of the game than dumont. And can move up the lineup

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Sweet so it was a spite claim, add Tampa to the list along with Vegas, hope we get some cold revenge down the line, perhaps future offer sheet it up to add some spice?

And Boston. I still haven't forgot them claiming K-Daug and then not giving him a chance. Seriously, what is this? Like him or not, at least Dumont is getting an opportunity from the Sens.

I do think Dorion should have kept him and simply send Paul down, something they did two days layer anyways, but Yzerman just did a jerk move here. Think about the player. The guy is finally playing in the NHL, if he needs to go down for a bit, let him go. But now his NHL dream is pretty much over. He's stuck in Syracuse for the rest of the year, no way he cracks the Lightning's line up again.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What a bunch of *******s TB is. Goddamn just to claim a guy because of spite. We should claim him back, then put him on waivers to go to Bingo.

If the Senators re-claim Didomenico, I think they would send him to Belleville, where their AHL team is playing, and not to the Binghamton Devils.

I'm not 100% up on the rules governing NHL Waivers, but I'm lead to believe that because the Senators were trying to send him to the AHL, that only they, if they re-claim him, can send him to the AHL. I also believe that they have first crack at him .......... but I invite anyone who has more knowledge on the NHL Waiver rules to clarify for me.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
And Boston. I still haven't forgot them claiming K-Daug and then not giving him a chance. Seriously, what is this? Like him or not, at least Dumont is getting an opportunity from the Sens.

I do think Dorion should have kept him and simply send Paul down, something they did two days layer anyways, but Yzerman just did a jerk move here. Think about the player. The guy is finally playing in the NHL, if he needs to go down for a bit, let him go. But now his NHL dream is pretty much over. He's stuck in Syracuse for the rest of the year, no way he cracks the Lightning's line up again.

Again, I'm not 100% sure ............ but because he was claimed off waivers, and was on waivers with the intention of being sent to the AHL, the Lightning would have to keep him on their NHL roster, and cannot send him to their AHL affiliate.

That is why the Lightning have put Didomenico back on waivers.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
If the Senators re-claim Didomenico, I think they would send him to Belleville, where their AHL team is playing, and not to the Binghamton Devils.

I'm not 100% up on the rules governing NHL Waivers, but I'm lead to believe that because the Senators were trying to send him to the AHL, that only they, if they re-claim him, can send him to the AHL. I also believe that they have first crack at him .......... but I invite anyone who has more knowledge on the NHL Waiver rules to clarify for me.

*Led to believe

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad