Post-Game Talk: Did you hear the Jets beat CBJ 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I love how no one is really talking about the Jets. Even some HFBlueJacket fans did not know the Jets are #1 in the league.
View attachment 800034
Fans and media may not be but other coaches and players certainly know the way the Jets are currently playing. We aren’t sneaking up on anybody but rather we finally have an identity again. It’s nice!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Bowness is on the same page. The hockey is catching up to them. This is where playing smarter and within your systems helps tremendously. Man on man defense would kill them right now against the cycle.

They are in a stretch where they have 9 games in a 15 day span. No real surprise the energy levels are near empty. Two more games and they get a pair of days off, followed by a three day break.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Usually when a team goes on a heater like this......they have some sort of mega scoring going on.
This team?
Jets are simply playing playoff type games, virtually every nite...........4 lines hustling, tenacious checking, terrific puck support, top shelf goal tending.....

bodes well.....

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I thought I read before the game that CBJ was the top scoring 5v5 team in the league, what happened????
Actually CBJ is a very good skating team … I was impressed it’s just that they used up all their energy in the first period … too much running around no structure. Does it sound familiar?
Is it me or did it look like at the end the Jets did not want to score (Lowry line) to further embarrass the Jackets.

Too funny … Tonight’s headline … Leaf’s score 7 times to hand the sharks 12 straight losses.
IMG_2620.jpeg

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well another strong night by the team.

Not a hard game for Helle but a well deserved SO none the less.

The team is playing so well that there really aren't any passengers.

Snerg is really upping his game lately. He's showing a lot more confidence with the puck and is jumping into the attack smartly. If he can get to be a 25 to 30 point guy with his defense he'll by an impact number 3 dmen in this league.

JoMo isn't scoring as much as last year but imo he's better this year. He's got his dgame back to 17-18 levels but with elite scoring. Very reminiscent of peak Doughty and imo he's the best allaround dmen in the league right now.

Perfetti is more and more resembling the elite allaround offensive force he was in junior. Add in the well rounded d game and his ability to be a very effective disruptter and we have the makings of a real core piece for this group.

Vilardi/Mark/Fly all playing with a lot of confidence. Glad Mark is ok.

Perfetti is the most impactful player on the PP this year, the coach needs to find a way to get him onto PP1 in that HB spot.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
what's this saxophone squirtle business all about?
Twitter campaign to get the game ops people to play this video during a Jets game on the big board, which coincided with this recent strong run of play:

From what I can tell, it's just a re-skinned version of "Epic Sax Guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad