Post-Game Talk: Did you hear the Jets beat CBJ 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
HFJets... we are soo good looking...

But our humility is what sets us apart...

:laugh:
1704858545099.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I didn't watch the last 3 mins of the game as I had to attend to something but I'll give Sawyer credit for not trying to be cute about "Shutout"... in the past games he tried to be cute around saying shutout but saying *wink wink nudge nudge* stuff like "Jets have no goals against so far and will want to keep it that way", "the Jets will not want to give up too many shots against now". This game he didn't acknowledge it in any way unless he did it at the end. Props.

A bit of weird game. The Jets weren't their usual self, didn't really establish their trademark forecheck that hems teams in for entire shifts and once they went up big there wasn't much real hockey being played.

I normally don't care about faceoffs but I have to say I am kinda pissed that the Jets lost the faceoff battle to Jack Roslovic of all people who went 75% on the dot on the night... the guy is awful at faceoffs and we made him look like Jordan Staal out on the dot.

Scheifele being okay is the most important thing. I have noted it but didn't want to mention it but he's one of the few Jets that's not wearing any kind of neck protection. Really should get on that.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I didn't watch the last 3 mins of the game as I had to attend to something but I'll give Sawyer credit for not trying to be cute about "Shutout"... in the past games he tried to be cute around saying shutout but saying *wink wink nudge nudge* stuff like "Jets have no goals against so far and will want to keep it that way", "the Jets will not want to give up too many shots against now". This game he didn't acknowledge it in any way unless he did it at the end. Props.

A bit of weird game. The Jets weren't their usual self, didn't really establish their trademark forecheck that hems teams in for entire shifts and once they went up big there wasn't much real hockey being played.

I normally don't care about faceoffs but I have to say I am kinda pissed that the Jets lost the faceoff battle to Jack Roslovic of all people who went 75% on the dot on the night... the guy is awful at faceoffs and we made him look like Jordan Staal out on the dot.

Scheifele being okay is the most important thing. I have noted it but didn't want to mention it but he's one of the few Jets that's not wearing any kind of neck protection. Really should get on that.
Is the assumption that right when Sawyer said the word Hellebuyck got an itch in his neck and fell over? Superstitions are so strange to me.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, how about that, a shutout for Hellebuyck! What a fantastic game by the Jets, a complete sixty minute win! Kind of scary with Scheifele going down, but nice to see him on the ice for the celebrations! That's going to hurt in the morning! No brainer to say that I give this game five bagels out of five...

bagel1.gif
bagel2.gif
bagel3.gif
bagel4.gif
bagel5.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Chicago Blackhawks has been posted for your guesses. Don't forget to sign up to make your very own GDT, there are plenty of games still available for you to choose from. See you on Thursday! Good night...

AsleepWatchingSportsnet.jpg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Jets are skating by purely on vibes and energy right now. I didn't even think they played that good of a game, and still rolled to a 5-0 win. CBus caused them fits with their aggressive forecheck, and put up more of a fight than Arizona. Bucky was brilliant when he had to be. I unclenched when Fefe skated out at the end of the game. Visions of Little flashed by. Glad we seem to have avoided that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad