Rumor: Dhalliwal- 2 Teams AGRESSIVELY after Tanev ( Vanek, Edler rumor as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I really trust what Dhaliwal has to say. Tanev would make Toronto a very scary team in the playoffs. Most of Tanevs injuries have been freak accidents. I still dont think he is injury prone at all.

I would be extremely pissed off if Vanek isn't traded though. Bring SOMETHING of value back for him. Don't let it be another Vrbata/Hamhuis trade deadline.

they used to say that about Joffrey Lupul, Carlo Colaiacovo and a bunch of others...but!

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Would love Tanev to the leafs but feel like it would cost way too much. Leafs really arent interested in Giving away any of the players on their roster or Liljergren. I dont know if anything else that they have would interest the canucks

Reactions: Critical

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Well, this is interesting.

Please, for the love of HFboards, TORONTO FANS: READ THIS

Please do not initiate another Tanev value thread ad nauseum. We know, you know where we both stands. There's no more point.

Who is the other team? Anaheim?

sure, a simple request to NUCKS FANS: please don't ask for nylander/marner. there is no point

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Dhalliwal, great Vancouver source just did a radio hit... this is the summary.

Great Vancouver source by what metric?

He was the moron that said Troy Brouwer was getting traded. I will always hate him for getting my hopes up on that one. Researching him after that debacle didn't really turn up anything to indicate he was a great source at all.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I really trust what Dhaliwal has to say. Tanev would make Toronto a very scary team in the playoffs. Most of Tanevs injuries have been freak accidents. I still dont think he is injury prone at all.

I would be extremely pissed off if Vanek isn't traded though. Bring SOMETHING of value back for him. Don't let it be another Vrbata/Hamhuis trade deadline.

He sure would improve our look pairing with Rielly, dropping Hainsey to Gardiner and Zaitsev down to Dermott. It would be improvement on every pairing.

I agree that he has had a lot of bad luck with injuries and I think maybe the move to the East and to our medical staff could end his misfortunes.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
There isn’t and never has been a rule prohibiting trading an injured player. As long as the team acquiring the injured player is fully aware of the injuries and still agrees to take them on.

It’s buyouts that are prohibited if the player is injured.

Yep buyouts. That’s what I was thinking.

Although most of the time there is a medical but if both teams know it’s ok

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Murray has some interest in both Hutton and Vanek. Maybe something like Ritchie and a conditional 2nd/3rd.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Given the recent injuries and the play of JVR, I'm not even sure I'd want to see that swap made.

The Leafs seem to be a healthier team than the Canucks the last couple seasons - be it team philosophy, medical facilities/staff, etc. Perhaps he could stay a little healthier or recover faster in Toronto.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Did babcock coach Tanev in worlds for Canada? I knoe Mcdavid raved about Tanev the year they played together for Canada.

If Leafs trade for Tanev without giving up roster players then i would put them ahead of Pitt or Tbay as cup favs. Tanev is that good. Can and will be paired to matchup against opponents top line. He also doesnt take penalties despite being a shutdown dman.

The bonus is that Toronto wouls get multiple playoff runs w. Tanev and not just this year. Contract controlled cheap salary for a team needing to pay its young studs too is important.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Really hope this doesn't turn into another bash Tanev thread, we've seen enough of those.

Dhaliwal is legit connected in Van - of course it doesn't mean this is going to happen, but it's not like an E3 or something like that.

I enjoy watching both teams and I really do think Tanev would be amazing in TOR, but for sure the 'value' has been hashed over for a year at least and only ends up devolving into a poo flinging contest.

My guess is the 2nd team is a West team, would also love to see a Hutton hockey trade.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Tanev would be great on the leafs but I don’t think you can rely or count on him. Solid player that’s just way too injury prone.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Did babcock coach Tanev in worlds for Canada? I knoe Mcdavid raved about Tanev the year they played together for Canada.

If Leafs trade for Tanev without giving up roster players then i would put them ahead of Pitt or Tbay as cup favs. Tanev is that good. Can and will be paired to matchup against opponents top line. He also doesnt take penalties despite being a shutdown dman.

The bonus is that Toronto wouls get multiple playoff runs w. Tanev and not just this year. Contract controlled cheap salary for a team needing to pay its young studs too is important.

No but he watched. He was there to scout Matthews. So he saw rielly and Tanev together

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think he's a good fit for the Jets. Bump down Myers playing time. Morrissey and Tanev in the top 2 pairings would be a nice stabilizing force.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017

That is the huge value in a team trading for Tanev now, is that they get 3 playoff runs out of the deal. I don't think the cost to acquire him will change much between now and the draft, so to me it makes a lot of sense. A fracture is not like a concussion or a ligament/muscle injury in that it is pretty easy to recover from, and has a predictable time table to heal.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Dhalliwal is a good Canucks guy, he's usually on point with his scoops.

But if Lou is shopping Dermott the other way, I'm going to seriously question his role in this organization.

Liljegren, by himself, is unacceptable.

I wouldn't even pay Kapanen + 1st or anything thereof with his injury history. We'll see what happens.

I like Tanev but the maximum price I would be ok (i.e. not getting up in arms about) giving up is Kapanen/1st and a prospect not named Liljegren.

The maximum price, I would personally be comfortable giving up, would be a 1st and a prospect not named Korshkov, Liljegren, Johnsson, Grundstrom, or Rasanen (note- I don't consider Kapanen, Dermott prospects).

He's a good player, but he's not getting any softer minutes here (they will be a lot tougher, against good teams, more high-event pace, and in the playoffs), and he's simply injured too much for anything more than a buy-low option from the Leafs side of things.

Last edited:

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I just hope that if we do trade Tanev, it's only for a gross overpayment. Otherwise I just don't see a point.

The guy stabilizes our entire team. That's gotta help the development of our guys in some way. I'm fine with keeping him unless we're floored by an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad