GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
The argument is stupid because no one should expect him to go from 0-60 in a few months.

A few months ago he was playing very poorly and getting scratched regularly.

He has taken some big steps forward since then. The points will continue to come.

Also silly to decide to knock him when he was on the scoresheet just the other night.
he's under a lot of scrutiny because of his draft position

Reactions: OmNomNom

TheFacePainter

Nov 12, 2017
Fun Fact: every Canadian skater on the Devils roster got a point on Zajac’s second goal (Ignoring the fact that JQ is currently on the roster)

Is having only three Canadians on an NHL team some sort of record?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
he's under a lot of scrutiny because of his draft position
Partially...the other part is this is a good team and he's not getting the job done. He is one of the worst producers on the team. Since his last scratch he has 1 goal in 20+ games... that's unacceptable for anyone not on the 4th line. 1 goal 3 assist in his last 24 games...how is that ok? That's S. Gionta numbers.

Edit:
I got the assist wrong. He has 7 in last 24games. .he has 3 in his last 15.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Partially...the other part is this is a good team and he's not getting the job done. He is one of the worst producers on the team. Since his last scratch he has 1 goal in 20+ games... that's unacceptable for anyone not on the 4th line. 1 goal 3 assist in his last 24 games...how is that ok? That's S. Gionta numbers.
I just look at other young forwards on our team that were drafted much later, and they are "producing" so yeah why isnt PZ producing? I'm a fan of the team, and I hope he blossoms into a perennial 30 goal scorer, but I just dont see it. But then again Jacques Lemaire didnt see Billy Guerin as a 30 goal guy, and Jac knows a lot more than me !

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just look at other young forwards on our team that were drafted much later, and they are "producing" so yeah why isnt PZ producing? I'm a fan of the team, and I hope he blossoms into a perennial 30 goal scorer, but I just dont see it. But then again Jacques Lemaire didnt see Billy Guerin as a 30 goal guy, and Jac knows a lot more than me !
Bill Guerin scored 25 goals in his first full season. 14 in his rookie season in 65 games... Zacha has 11 CAREER goals in 114 games.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Fun Fact: every Canadian skater on the Devils roster got a point on Zajac’s second goal (Ignoring the fact that JQ is currently on the roster)

i cheer club over country ALWAYS….but ya, thats a low amount of cherry's good ol' canadian boys… :p

….reason this changed: a week of cheering for a player and team (be it whatever player) …..then years against him AND becoming a player on a foe team…….what a joke play.

its all devils all the time now……f*** your nationality…f*** your banana pads

Last edited:

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
The point is progression. Because it wasn't that long ago, like a few months, that he wasn't creating these plays. That he wasn't standing out in a positive way like he has recently. That he wasn't playing with such confidence and being trusted by the coaching staff in every situation.

Everyone wants instant gratification these days and it's really annoying. I want to see progression. I want to see an upward trajectory. And sure, come back with the points argument again I don't really care. The difference between Zacha these past few weeks and Zacha before is absolutely night and day. And being that he's only 20 years old, yea excuse me if I want to be a little more patient with him and appreciate how his game is coming along.

how long should we wait? i havent been around very long on these boards but if youve seen me post u know im positive to a fault. just cant be positive with him. yes... hes 20, yes.... he creates plays, yes.... he tries but this whole narrative is getting old. im not saying hes a bust. this is not bergfors. PZ was rushed and it shows. but maybe its time to send him down or something. he has the skills but something is off with him. hes just too meh for a 20 yr old prospect with a bunch of nhl games under his belt. i want him to break out but its like hes waiting for something. maybe he needs a meeting with patty. ill be patient with him tho. we are winning and hes a part of it. this is really a compliment.... he can do so much more. hes not just snakebitten he has trouble making plays that lead to goals.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
What a game. Kinkaid proved me wrong which I’m happy with

This is why you keep wood in this lineup and need a guy on your team. I would lock him up long term. Huge X factor out there.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

That really is insane. It would be suprising to hear if a team only had 3 American players...let alone Canadian.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
What a game. Kinkaid proved me wrong which I’m happy with

This is why you keep wood in this lineup and need a guy on your team. I would lock him up long term. Huge X factor out there.

He sticks out almost every shift. His brain is starting to catch up with his legs...and that should be a scary thing for other teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess you never saw the Ropers or Three's a Crowd !
The Ropers were OKAY, not great though.

I was a big fan of them, just for the fact that everything was a sexual repressed innuendo with Mrs. Roper haha. Even the most subtle of comments would turn into Helen taking a shot at Stanley and their (lack of) sex life haha.

I don't remember their show much, I don't know if I've seen more than a few episodes, but I loved them on Three's Company, which I've mostly just watched in reruns. I was pretty young when the series ended. I probably watched a little bit of it at the end of it's initial run. It was a show that probably wasn't suitable for someone of the age that I was at that time, but it also really was suitable because really little kids wouldn't get all innuendo's and jokes. I watched a lot of it in the late 80's/early 90's in reruns. Watching it as child and then as an adult was very different. It's much more funnier as an adult, because you understand all the misunderstandings and perveted sexual jokes haha.

I don't remember If I ever watched Three's a Crowd. It flopped and was cancelled after a year. I missed Stanley and Helen when they left, but I also really liked Furley. He was also a complete idiot, which was hilarious. Th episode where Jack plays Jack and his fake twin brother from Texas named Austin, to throw off Furley after he caught him making out with his niece (since he was supposed to be gay to be allowed to live there) was really hilarious. How he kept alternating at both sides of Furley and taking the cowboy hat on and off. And then Janet plays that tape of her and Jack learning some language from the bedroom, while ''Austin'' is out in the living room. Then you hear Cindy's voice in the bedroom on that tape accidentally and Furley's like ''How'd you throw your voice like that?!''. That was one of the funniest episodes of a show that you'll ever see. I recommend everybody watch that episode, even if you never watch another episode of it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don Cherry must really hate us over our lack of a Canadian presence.

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce