GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
nah. dunno what that means... im just bored. sorry :) great win tonight brother.
I was getting excited that Jacked was back! Haha.

He was some poster from back in 11-12. He was going to game 5 against the Flyers in Philly during that 2012 playoff series and said he would help protect Devils fans, because he had these monster biceps (his avatar was him flexing his arm) and he even had a picture in the stands in Philly where he was one of the few redshirts in a sea of orange.

He also posted a lot of what seemed like goofy proposals at the time, like trading Larsson, signing Ryan Suter, trading for Dennis Wideman. He was pretty funny.

Definitely a good win! The BEST of the season, to this point. Especially with the recent losing streak that was snapped and needing a convincing win over a strong team to keep things going.:nod:

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I forgot that all that old stuff is gone. I can't believe that you still remember his alias's still, actually I can haha, such random stuff.
I remember somebody made a post replying to him that they'd like to high-five him, but were afraid that he'd break their hand from the force of it.:laugh:

Reactions: JK3

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

He was some poster from back in 11-12. He was going to game 5 against the Flyers in Philly during that 2012 playoff series and said he would help protect Devils fans, because he had these monster biceps (his avatar was him flexing his arm) and he even had a picture in the stands in Philly where he was one of the few redshirts in a sea of orange.

He also posted a lot of what seemed like goofy proposals at the time, like trading Larsson, signing Ryan Suter, trading for Dennis Wideman. He was pretty funny.

Definitely a good win! The BEST of the season, to this point. Especially with the recent losing streak that was snapped and needing a convincing win over a strong team to keep things going.:nod:

thats funny. we need to find jacked. your description of him made me lol. maybe he couldnt take it after the kings loss.

#findjacked

Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Remember the Kovy 2012 gifs? Holy shit. In 2011 during the comeback the Devils played in Pittsburg and the game went to overtime. The Devils had a few quick shots in close and MAF was flopping around. Elias picked up the puck and got it out to Kovy in the high slot. Steggy screamed "GET UP!!" because MAF was flat on his back, and of course Kovy buried it.

Someone made a gif of the play and overlaid "GET UP" in huge blinking letters. I'll never forget that, I laughed so hard I cried.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Here it is, (it was Brent Johnson, not MAF) but I can't find one with the Pittsburgh feed. It was so delicious.

Funny we were just talking about this game the other night. That was when Zajac fought (Letang?) and the Pens player got ejected for not having his jersey tied down!

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

He got a three year suspension from the site for PED’s

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
61G3-2a5vgL._UX385_.jpg

f***! WHY?!!?!!

WHY?!

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
The Ropers were OKAY, not great though.

I was a big fan of them, just for the fact that everything was a sexual repressed innuendo with Mrs. Roper haha. Even the most subtle of comments would turn into Helen taking a shot at Stanley and their (lack of) sex life haha.

I don't remember their show much, I don't know if I've seen more than a few episodes, but I loved them on Three's Company, which I've mostly just watched in reruns. I was pretty young when the series ended. I probably watched a little bit of it at the end of it's initial run. It was a show that probably wasn't suitable for someone of the age that I was at that time, but it also really was suitable because really little kids wouldn't get all innuendo's and jokes. I watched a lot of it in the late 80's/early 90's in reruns. Watching it as child and then as an adult was very different. It's much more funnier as an adult, because you understand all the misunderstandings and perveted sexual jokes haha.

I don't remember If I ever watched Three's a Crowd. It flopped and was cancelled after a year. I missed Stanley and Helen when they left, but I also really liked Furley. He was also a complete idiot, which was hilarious. Th episode where Jack plays Jack and his fake twin brother from Texas named Austin, to throw off Furley after he caught him making out with his niece (since he was supposed to be gay to be allowed to live there) was really hilarious. How he kept alternating at both sides of Furley and taking the cowboy hat on and off. And then Janet plays that tape of her and Jack learning some language from the bedroom, while ''Austin'' is out in the living room. Then you hear Cindy's voice in the bedroom on that tape accidentally and Furley's like ''How'd you throw your voice like that?!''. That was one of the funniest episodes of a show that you'll ever see. I recommend everybody watch that episode, even if you never watch another episode of it.
I liked Three's Company, thats why the other shows were disappointing, The Ropers were tolerable, but that Three's a Crowd show meh, Jack was funny as a knuckle-head, not as a serious husband etc !

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We got the bounces last night because we played harder than Pitts.

Were fortunate though that Crosby missed the wide open net in the 2nd and with the waived off goal too.

But we outplayed them by a wide margin

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I spent the whole day in NYC with my wife and 2 friends who got engaged yesterday, so we missed the game but followed along on our phones the best we could. Sounds like we missed a great one!

Really happy for Trav and what he’s done for this team the last two games.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Sticking Zajac with our two most tenacious forecheckers was a no brainer. Zajac can read the ice well playing off their aggression.

BTW the devils are tailor made to beat the penguins in the postseason. Shero explicitly built this team to do so.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah i retract my previous zajac criticism the role that he's been put in the past couple of games is perfect for him. coleman and noesen have just enough skill to be able to capitalize on their hard forechecking style now just figure out that last line with boyle and we're ready to roll

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
yeah i retract my previous zajac criticism the role that he's been put in the past couple of games is perfect for him. coleman and noesen have just enough skill to be able to capitalize on their hard forechecking style now just figure out that last line with boyle and we're ready to roll

Maybe Lappin gets a chance at 4th line RW?

Most likely Ray trades to fill in that spot.
I don't think Hayes nor Stafford are the answer down the stretch

Reactions: HockeysFinest

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Here it is, (it was Brent Johnson, not MAF) but I can't find one with the Pittsburgh feed. It was so delicious.

I was there that night at The Rock.
The crowd absolutely erupted.

Earthquake cam from behind the goal view too.

Those were fun times that spring with that run, though no playoffs.

Reactions: Blackjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad