GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The most consistent guy on the team hasn't been Hall or Bratt, it's definitely Coleman. He may not be the best player or the smoothest player on the ice but he brings his game every single shift.

I was going to post here tonight that only 2 forwards lines are effective almost every night and it’s whatever line Hall or Coleman are on. They’ve both been effective almost every game this year.

Camille the Eel

I thought Noesen had a solid game. If anyone is sitting I’d sit Hayes...

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Bratt-Zacha-Stafford
Wood-Henrique-Noesen
Gibbons-Boyle-Coleman
On the first line I'd swap Stafford for Palmieri. Stafford was great with Hall and Nico earlier in the year. Palmieri on the second line wold help either Henrique or Zacha get going - either of them could center that line.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
By the time Zajac is back
Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Zacha - Nico - Bratt
Gibbons - Henrique - Stafford
Wood - Boyle - Coleman

1. Last years top line, chemsitry already exists
2. In a perfect world that line becomes line 1B. They're young but you wouldn't be able to tell Bratt is a rookie based off his play. Nico needs to get away from Hall and Palms rn and he's definitely capable of being the 2C. Hopefully the move to wing with the other studs sparks Zacha's offense.
3. Gibbons had been good. Get invisible Rico out of the top 6. No offense to Stafford but he just isn't as good as Palms or Bratt.
4. All solid 4th line players. Wood and Coleman are the future of the teams 4th line IMO. Alternatively switch Wood and Gibbons if the line is used as a checking line.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
LOL, rewatching the gm...Boughner, Panthers coach, has a lot of Guy Boucher mannerisms. Kinda looks like him too.

Reactions: Bleedred

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Also I hope McLeod gets game before being sent down. I think down the line he'd be the perfect candidate to center Hall and Palmieri. Seeing Nico posted up in front of the goalie kind of feels like a waste of his talent. McLeod gets most of his goals in tight and cleaning up. He has more than enough speed to keep up with Hall. He's a strong passer. He plays a good defensive game. Hopefully one day we have lines 1A and 1B wrecking havoc on the league

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It was an absolutely craptastic game though. I'm more concerned for this team after this "win" than I have been after some of their losses.

The Panthers are the worst defense in the NHL, they were on a back-to-back, and the Devils could only manage 1 actual offensive goal against them with limited scoring chances. Ugly as hell.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL, rewatching the gm...Boughner, Panthers coach, has a lot of Guy Boucher mannerisms. Kinda looks like him too.
I think he's a little more serious than Guy. I definitely see the slight resemblance a little bit. Boughner is a bit more tanner. Looks like he frequents the same tanning salon that Doug Wilson and Jacques Lemaire go to.

Reactions: glenwo2

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
It was an absolutely craptastic game though. I'm more concerned for this team after this "win" than I have been after some of their losses.

The Panthers are the worst defense in the NHL, they were on a back-to-back, and the Devils could only manage 1 actual offensive goal against them with limited scoring chances. Ugly as hell.

If you can even call it that. It was a pretty lucky goal.
4th line is a checking line which is fine. The 2nd and "3rd" lines were producing practically nothing. The 1st line is the only one producing offense.
We were missing Zacha Zajac and MoJo thats an entire line. Swap them out for the 3rd line tonight and I bet this game is much less ugly

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
This team has not outplayed the opposition for going on like 7 or 8 games now. The sloppy defensive zone play is consistent and infuriating. I just don't see how a team can keep winning playing that way.

This team is fast physically but mentally they are slow as molasses when it comes to the breakout. It's a goddamn bakery with all the turnovers.

Moore leads the pack in tarded defensive end play. I swear if I see him chase a guy up high again, or weakly zip the luck along the boards straight to an opposing player at the point, I'm gonna send him hate mail. The other team gets golden opportunities almost every time he is on the ice, it seems.

I'm also yet to be impressed with this coaching staff. What exactly should they be getting credit for? Nothing stands out other than the weird unbreakable obsession with John Moore.

Sorry for the negativity after a win but they really didn't deserve it and I'm frustrated. After getting a taste of quality hockey to start the season I want more and it's infuriating seeing them develop a clear pattern of poor play over a large stretch of games now. I know the expectations were much lower, but being how they started and where they are in the standing, I want the playoffs dammit!
They won't get there playing like this.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No team in the league is going to outplay their opponents for 82 straight games. The Devils have had a great start to their season overall and are finding ways to win hockey games whether they're playing well or not.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
No team in the league is going to outplay their opponents for 82 straight games. The Devils have had a great start to their season overall and are finding ways to win hockey games whether they're playing well or not.

I think our hot start may have raised some people's expectations a little too far. We weren't going to keep shooting at the rate we were (at one point we had like 6 players shooting over 20%), and the defense was always going to be our weakness.

The real truth of this team lies somewhere between 9-2 and 1-2-2. Hopefully with Zajac's return on the horizon it'll help stabilize the forward group and he can take on some of the tougher minutes to free up Nico, and drop Rico back to the third line or to the wing.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Blake Coleman continues to be this team's best player each and every game. And by that I mean that he stays true to himself, the team and the way the game is supposed to play. Every single night.

Without a doubt I feel most comfortable when he's on the ice. He's great defensively, he keeps his feet moving, he's got skill, he's great on the PK and he makes his linemates better.

I see so so much of Madden in him and the way he plays and skates.

Without a doubt my new favourite player on this team and in the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad