GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They're also one of the few teams that feels the need to play an enforcer. Haley was a Pete favorite, for the past several years in San Jose.

Sounds like Boughner might share some of the same philosophies. Ride your best players and have a goon in the lineup.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
His corsi and fenwick are pretty ridiculous for a guy that gets a heavily lopsided amount of D-zone starts. He barely starts shifts in the O-zone.

They've come down a little bit, probably because they were unsustainable for anybody that is used in the D-zone like he has been.

I like Noesen, but I'll take Zacha over him every time. I wish we liked Noesen more sometimes, but Hayes is actually producing points (for now) so I understand why he's played.

I think it's funny that whenever people start really getting on Hayes's case, he gets a point or two. He's not my favorite player either, but I think he's a little more solid than people give him credit for.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think it's funny that whenever people start really getting on Hayes's case, he gets a point or two. He's not my favorite player either, but I think he's a little more solid than people give him credit for.

He's like most bottom 6 forwards, fine in low enough doses. It's when he's getting more PP time than actual skilled forwards that he makes you want to jettison him to the moon.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The lines are stupid right now, but sadly there really isn't any other option.

Hischier's biggest strength is his possession game and working the cycle in the offensive zone. Let's put him with two guys in Hall and Palmieri who are only good off the rush and are awful in the offensive zone.

Boyle and Hayes should not be on a line together. Hayes shouldn't be on the ice either; he somehow makes himself an integral locker room guy everywhere he goes because he's useless on the ice.

Bratt needs to be freed from Henrique's disappearing act. Stafford isn't much better than Henrique, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I know it'll never happen, but Coleman is really the only center that makes any sense between Hall and Palmieri right now. Would probably give us a balanced attack if that happened. Hall - Coleman - Palmieri; Bratt - Hischier - Stafford; Henrique - Zacha - Gibbons; Wood - Boyle - Noesen.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Lets face it, Hayes will never be a top forward. He is def having a better season than last, tonight he surpassed his total points for the whole of last year!! At then end of the day, he's slow, not a great hockey iq, yes funny with the team-we get your bromance with Henrique but at the end of the day do we need him in the line up?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Henrique-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Stafford
Gibbons-Boyle-Coleman
Wood, Noesen
hynes said Johansson is progressing slowly so who knows if he'll come with the team for the upcoming trip, if he doesn't I would try

Hall-Hischier-Bratt/Palmieri
Zacha-Zajac-Palmieri/Bratt
Wood-Henrique-Stafford
Gibbons-Boyle-Coleman

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hayes and Boyle in the lineup at the same time significantly lowers our team speed, which was the main reason why we started so hot.

We can afford to have one. We can't have both. Boyle is a center, better defensively, wins faceoffs, and has a better nose for the net.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
hynes said Johansson is progressing slowly so who knows if he'll come with the team for the upcoming trip, if he doesn't I would try

Hall-Hischier-Bratt/Palmieri
Zacha-Zajac-Palmieri/Bratt
Wood-Henrique-Stafford
Gibbons-Boyle-Coleman

He is working out, which is a good sign, but he isn’t skating yet. I don’t expect him to go on the Canadian trip at this point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It’s hard to know how good this team might be. Zajac has been hurt all season. MarJo hasn’t stepped up yet. PZ hasn’t found his offense yet. Santini and Sevs are still up and down. Lovejoy is still taking up a roster spot. Cory has been a bit inconsistent. If just a couple of these things get ironed out the team can maintain it’s good play over the long haul.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was horrific last year, but I don’t think he was nearly as bad last year as he really is. I’m also not sure if he’s really as good as his scoring indicates right now.

I’d take 30 points from him if he can give that to us. It still makes him more valuable than a guy that plays better but can’t even score 20 points while playing 3rd line/PP. like *cough* Josefson *cough*.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zajac is going to slow us down even more. We need all the other things he brings, but we also need to counter that and add speed elsewhere. Easiest way to do that is take Hayes out.

We should be fine. Boyle and Zajac will likely be on different lines.

When everyone is healthy, Boyle will probably play alongside Coleman, Gibbons, Wood, or Noesen.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Zajac really isn’t that slow. He is an average skater. His speed won’t hinder his linemates. When/If healthy:

Hall Zajac/Hischier Bratt
Johansson Hischier/Zajac Palmieri
Henrique Zacha Stafford
Gibbons Boyle Coleman

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Never liked Hall and Palms together
Gotta disagree with you on that, I think they compliment each other really well. Both are fast players, where Palms is a bit more grittier and battles in the corners well and has a tendency to shoot first, and Hall is more finesse and is a elite playmaker.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Gotta disagree with you on that, I think they compliment each other really well. Both are fast players, where Palms is a bit more grittier and battles in the corners well and has a tendency to shoot first, and Hall is more finesse and is a elite playmaker.
You explained why I hate the pairing. Palmieri takes the puck to the net immediately or gets a shot off whenever he gets a chance. That absolutely kills Halls game. Hall needs the puck on his stick as much as possible. Palmieris style limits that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad